Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Norwich Evening News | Do you really want this job Webber?

55 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is the incident I saw. Brown coat guy and his mates were a bit of an embarrassment at the start. Shouting into the directors entrance "where's that **** Webber". But when Webber came out, for a guy who claims to ignore the noise, he became the embarrassment. I don't know what he thought he could achieve?

I kept hearing about the car incident. But if it took place it must have been a second one. You don't get into your car outside the directors entrance a few minutes after the game finishes.

It was all over very quickly but it won't be the end. Because Webber reacted how he did they'll be more than half a dozen out there the next game. Unless the weather's particularly bad. It may pay Zoe to do a rain dance...

Makes you wonder why he came out at all. Should have just stayed inside until the protesters had gone.

What happened to the club's water cannon?

• Haha 2

People will put up with enormous arrogance if it comes with enormous talent. Ronaldo is a perfect example: people often say they don't like him because he is arrogant, but they accept it in a way because they can't argue that he doesn't have the talent to justify it.

Webber is talented, too. But enormously talented? After a season in which he has not only failed, but utterly and miserably failed, a little more humility might have been appropriate.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Makes you wonder why he came out at all. Should have just stayed inside until the protesters had gone.

What happened to the club's water cannon?

We sold it to buy Soccerbot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

He'd probably argue he came out to dialogue with fans and got called a c*nt repeatedly. 

I doubt he'll be here next season now, and I don't think him coming out now will make a jot of difference to anything. People have long decided their views on him.

Have they? I’ve personally been of the view he was doing an overall great job until this season. Even despite this season and his Everest antics I could see positives and negatives. The Times interview makes me think it’s time for him to go.

I’m not sure the majority have long decided their views personally.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Boxing Meme GIFs | TenorBoxing Meme GIFs | Tenor

Gonna fly now. Please 🙏 on ye go big man. Times up. 

Edited by Mengo

He’s always given the impression that he expected to leave us for a bigger fish but this season has probably put paid to that ambition. He certainly picks up another Championship role but his track record at PL level leaves a lot to be desired 

• Like 1

Confession - completely respect his work on the academy, getting in Farke and his Championship player signings...but for me he's always come across as a bit of a t0sser. 

I think he should go; I won't be that sad when he does. From what he said in 'The Times' interview, I got the feeling he wasn't going to be around that much longer anyway.

It reminds me of that sh1te Hugh Grant film, 'The Englishman who went up a hill but came down a mountain.'

Instead, we've got, 'The Welshman who planned to go up a mountain but instead became a b3llend.'

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

Is a sporting director that hard to replace? Aren’t you basically a project manager? The individual departments are all run by their teams. Ie transfer committee, finance and sports science etc. I’m not knowledgeable in this area but isn’t a sporting director just the figurehead who links it all together? 
It seems now is an ideal time to replace Webber. Get everything in place for the next transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Is a sporting director that hard to replace? Aren’t you basically a project manager? The individual departments are all run by their teams. Ie transfer committee, finance and sports science etc. I’m not knowledgeable in this area but isn’t a sporting director just the figurehead who links it all together? 
It seems now is an ideal time to replace Webber. Get everything in place for the next transfer window. 

Surely its the scouts and recruitment team who identify potential new players. I guess it then goes to him and manager etc.

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

Surely its the scouts and recruitment team who identify potential new players. I guess it then goes to him and manager etc.

Yeah I think so. We seem to have everything in place so hopefully replacing Webber shouldn’t be such a big problem. 

35 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Two of them tore us apart on Saturday. Bruno is a great player. Yep we could do with a couple in the squad right now. Plenty of talented players down here Nutty. Me ,well past my playing days but I could be tempted into doing a bit of scouting for Norwich 😉. Expat . Worked in the Norwich  area in the happier days under Lambert. Never mind those days will return I'm sure.

We need you to do a bit of scouting on Rays Funds. A pick from Brazil / South America every weekend would be awesome 🙃👍

Maybe our astute Stumeister has just played an absolute strategic business blinder?.....He's truly fed up with his role at NCFC as them mountain's are clearly calling. Therefore Stu definitely wants out and with it a decent pay-off.....Stu's then given the hefty climbing boot by our ruthless without pity owners - and with it a more than substantial financial parting gift....In turn, the focus is now wholly on Stu and his 'conduct unbecoming' behaviour, coupled with the fan fracas. Stu ultimately takes responsibility and is the total excuse and reason's for our relegation.....

Gleefully the support applaud his 'good riddance' and Stu's departure from NCFC. Those angry and irate have now got their pound o' flesh...An excellent diversion tactic and the rising ire of the support and the blame game is now totally target fixated on our Stu and not our Majority Shareholding duo, Board o' Directionless, the inept squad or Deano an' Shakey....

A First Class tactical deflection Webbo...and the most grateful will wave you goodbye and say....

"Thank-you for taking one for the team Stuart!"..... 

As we quietly on May 22nd and without so much as a whimper, drop nonchalantly back into the football league where we really belong.....

Although, I hope I'm wrong?.....

I think you can liken Webber to a less talented Ed Woodward, he's done plenty to help the clubs infrastructure but like Ed his footballing knowledge is just not there. He needed someone in with him to take overall control of the recruitment. 

• Like 1

The whole thing has been blown up out of proportion.  All the local press are interested in is selling more papers and produce controversial headlines, polls etc for this and that to this end.  Local papers are dying out and their jobs will be gone.

5 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Have they? I’ve personally been of the view he was doing an overall great job until this season. Even despite this season and his Everest antics I could see positives and negatives. The Times interview makes me think it’s time for him to go.

I’m not sure the majority have long decided their views personally.

Yeah, even in this thread there's been people saying how they've always hated him.

When we first got relegated there were loads on here who claimed Webber was a complete fake and got lucky with.. Well all our signings, the choice of manager and even the academy funding idea.

Any other Championship club would kill to have him at the helm. Good luck to him doing things outside of football - as long as he can set the squad up to get us 95 points in the Championship. Worry about that first, then see how we want to go about things IF we get promoted.

I feel quite down at the club, and not good to see the altercations outside the ground, I also don't like how the club are seemingly desperate to keep him to stay, or the thought of a husband/wife combo able to hold a balance of power at the club, and his arrogance.

But despite all of those elements, I would much prefer him to stay.  Yes, he cocked up, but he dared to dream and take a gamble - If Todd had come to and played a blinder this season, Billy G been able to do a job for us, Sarge et all had taken key chances in games.

If things fell in our favour, we could be heralding him as a genius today, sitting pretty.

I fail to believe that he wouldn't learn and adapt from this - mainly because of his arrogance to succeed and he would take it personally to prove to the footballing world, and I like that about him,

Sadly, I think he's probably going to step out of the game and do something else entirely.  I was gutted how Lambert and McNally left this club, I just pray it doesn't go that way with Webber.  And yes, I appreciate people detest the guy, but the drive for improvements he's put in to the club come from the same traits that people maybe dislike about him.