chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Man Utd (PL/A) *****

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Gibson will get the blame but he was expecting Giannoulis to take the ball and run with it which he should have done. Error from both men imo

Lol what !?

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Gibson can go, sick of him he is dog sh*t

I've been hearing people say how great he is all season, and yeah he's *****. Championship quality CB no more no less.

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Gibson will get the blame but he was expecting Giannoulis to take the ball and run with it which he should have done. Error from both men imo

Or he could have just got rid of it when the manure player was closing in on him. Only one person at fault for that schoolboy error.

Our lack of fundamentals has made it practically impossible for me to watch us this year. Absolutely infuriating. It’s just like watching the office or something. Cringey.

3 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Gibson and Hanley cannot be our main defenders next season. Its time to ship them both out and start again. 

Any good out of contract Centre Backs we can can pilfer in the Summer?

Edited by CrankyCanary

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Our lack of fundamentals has made it practically impossible for me to watch us this year. Absolutely infuriating. It’s just like watching the office or something. Cringey.

Which version UK or US?

Sometimes Gibson plays ok and I think that maybe he's alright.

But then you get moments like that remind me that yeah maybe Burnley had a point when they chose not to play him..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Does anybody suspect that Gibson may actually want to lose the match? No suggestion at all of inappropriate gambling or involvement in illegal activity , but what on earth was he doing? Schoolboy error again.

Edited by kenfoggo

Massive over-reaction. Yes, terrible mistake by Gibson, what was he thinking but in the Championship he will be good for us. He is a worse defender but better 'footballer' than Hanley. In the Championship, where we have more ball, Gibson's ball playing ability will help us. If my some miracle we stay up (we won't), yes, needs replacing, but otherwise will be good in Championship for us.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Easy for Utd on the left. Dowell and Byram not working well.

Hilarious joke that we bought Tzolis for a record fee yet we end up playing Dowell instead of him

... No wait its not funny 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Does anybody suspect that Gibson may actually want to lose the match? No suggestion at all of inappropriate gambling or involvement in illegal activity , but what on earth was he doing? Schoolboy error again.

What like a low confidence/motivation type of thing, possibly even depressed?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that Glazer protest went well. About as much use as flying a plane.

Didn't even notice there was fans missing until they showed the 10 of them coming in 😂

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Both are **** 

A lot would disagree with you there. It's not my type of humour but I wouldn't say there bad.

We’ve had more of the ball than I’d have expected, but this is a United team with more than a few problems right now.

it’s just that, even when we do something right or good, I’m just waiting for us to c0ck it up. Even when Pukki is one of one I know it’s not going to work out. We get into a good position on the edge of the area and we just balls about with it, give it to dowell, have him balloon it somewhere. The horrible air of inevitability haunts our games and makes it very hard for me to watch them.

Just now, CrankyCanary said:

What like a low confidence/motivation type of thing, possibly even depressed?

His confidence has looked low for several weeks now. As fans, we tend to forget that these are human beings, not machines.

However, we're not a charity. The problem is that with Omo injured for the rest of the season, we have little choice but to keep on playing him.

• Like 1

I just do not understand the selection of Gibson. He keeps proving that he is not fit for purpose, makes stupid, stupid mistakes and yet continues to make the team sheet.

Just now, kenfoggo said:

I just do not understand the selection of Gibson. He keeps proving that he is not fit for purpose, makes stupid, stupid mistakes and yet continues to make the team sheet.

Almost like he's our only other fit centreback

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

IMO, Hanley's fine. He's possibly been our POTS. Gibson, though, should be back up at best.

Fully agree with this, Hanley POTS, Gibson should not be our first choice partner with Hanley , Sorrenson would be a better choice

• Like 2