Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool (PL) ****

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

We were down months ago, You only had to look at the goal difference to see that. Poorest team in the league by some distance.

Bo*****s

Im glad Dean Smith and the squad don’t have your thoughts or mentality. 

Norwich fans of all fans should understand goal difference isnt everything.

And your ‘predictions’ have been mixed at best.

Other than that, spot on.

• Haha 2

Just now, chicken said:

Tbf, most sides have some sort of repetitive chant... Yeeelllows, Yeeeeeellows.. "x100 on repeat". 

Chelsea's one is the best. Brings a tear to my eye. Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea! Chelsea Chelsea Chelseaaaaa!

Games like these are fine margins and it only takes a slight mistake for teams like Liverpool to punish you. I thought everyone played really well, it was a good performance at least and so I’m not interested in digging out individual errors or players. It happens.

1 minute ago, 7HAR1980 said:

You obviously have no clue about football. 

How is a long kick from their keeper finding an unmarked Salah Gunns fault?

This exactly. What else was Gunn supposed to do in that scenario. If you want to point a figure at anyone for that second goal, you could probably point it at 2-3 others before you point it at Gunn. Watch it again without bias and I think you’ll probably agree.

• Like 2

What did people expect from today? Jesus.. Liverpool have found form, we went 1 up and got battered but yeah we shouldn't of lost... lol

Just now, Fuzzar said:

You'd rather he stayed on his line and allowed Salah to advance in his own sweet time? The fault was letting Salah go on the first place. 

No, but I'd rather he not charge out like a deranged bull in a china shop with no plan of what the hell he's doing, he needed better composure. 

Gunn is simply not good enough and no one would be happy with this signing without the surname. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The irritation here is just due to the hope we had - we held on for quarter-of-an-hour and for a moment, it looked like the upset was on. That's always going to hurt more than a 3-0 defeat where we barely had a kick and were beaten down from start to finish. We looked decent on the counter, and defended valiantly under intense pressure for long periods.

There was a lot to like about that performance against one of the world's top sides and with many of their top players in. Alisson, van Dijk, Mane, Salah...all four amongst the very best in the world in their positions, and all of them would probably cost more on their own than our whole damn team.

Some were saying what about that team around Grant Holt and friends and the guts/character they showed at Anfield. Football's moved on exponentially since those days re. the money involved. These boys that represent us still have plenty of fight. They're just in an even more polarised league.

But they're fighting, and fighting hard. Can't fault them there.

Spot on. Valiant effort against a very good team. No shame in the loss. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

You obviously have no clue about football. 

How is a long kick from their keeper finding an unmarked Salah Gunns fault?

😂😂OK then chap 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

No, but I'd rather he not charge out like a deranged bull in a china shop with no plan of what the hell he's doing, he needed better composure. 

Gunn is simply not good enough and no one would be happy with this signing without the surname. 

Spot on. 

We signed a bang average keeper for £5M just because of his surname.

• Like 2

😂😂OK then chap 

You using Gunn as a scapegoat is what's laughable, chap! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Bo*****s

Im glad Dean Smith and the squad don’t have your thoughts or mentality. 

Norwich fans of all fans should understand goal difference isnt everything.

And your ‘predictions’ have been mixed at best.

Other than that, spot on.

No mate, look at the records. The team with the poorest goal difference always goes down.

Good spirited performance for most of the game, managed to hold them off well and counter with some effectiveness.

Pity about the result but really can't fault them too much for that, I've said it before and I'll say it again that the turnaround since Deano has come in has been remarkable and only wish that he could've started the season in charge.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's his fault he rushed out without due care or attention and then flapped about like a dieing fish. 

He was also flapping on crosses, we need Krul back 

Read the post from 7HAR1980! It fits!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

You using Gunn as a scapegoat is what's laughable, chap! 

Not using him as a scapegoat at all, he's just not good enough. Not the lads fault he has a surname which some fans mean his ability has been overhyped to levels he can't attain. 

This Liverpool result isn't the reason we're all but down, keeping faith in Farke too long is. 

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

No mate, look at the records. The team with the poorest goal difference always goes down.

Records are there to be broken (look up some that have been). And when it comes to my football team I will believe until it’s mathematically impossible.

mate.

With that second goal. Gunn did the only thing he could do. It very nearly worked. He held Salah up long enough to allow our defenders to get back. With a little bit of fortune we’d have got a block in.

Here’s the alternative: Gunn stays on his line, and salah easily picks his spot. 

THEN, and this is the best bit, Gunn would be getting hammered on here for not trying to close salah down.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you lot? You take your frustration of losing out on individuals in such a childish way. It’s embarrassing to be honest. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't really know how to react to today's game. The stats will probably say Liverpool deserved to win by that score. But we had chances today but I think Deano left the substitutions too late. Their legs had gone. And Liverpool had game changing subs to bring on whereas ours would have been to replace tiredness.

Its clear that Teemu is not on form. We could and should have scored more. But we have no-one else.

It just sums up why our model would only work one in a hundred in this league. 10 years ago we were drawing 1-1 up at Anfield with a team of allsorts. But Liverpool had a very different squad of players in terms of talent and ability.

We did OK today but I still feel miserable because we just don't have the ability to sneak games like that when we are ahead.

Just now, City 2nd said:

Read the post from 7HAR1980! It fits!

I have, and I'll say to you the same it's **** 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good effort, but after we had scored we needed to find another gear and unfortunately Liverpool found 3.

Games like this won't define our season whereas those against Brentford, Leeds, Burnley and Newcastle will.

It's not the disparity between us and the top teams that matter, it's the rest.

I think the sad thing is, though these games are not going to massively impact on our season, I think it is clear for all to see that that disparity has closed since Smith has arrived.

Look at the results earlier in the season. 3-0 at home to Liverpool, a much better performance today, for 60mins at least we were competitive and we never gave up. 5-0 against Man City.

So for me, the sad thing is, it's starting to look a lot like two things. The massive disruption to our pre-season due to covid in our squad and isolation protocols along with signing several players within a week or two of the start of the season meant that it took ten games to find their feet OR those first ten games Farke clearly struggled to set this side up to get the best out of them.

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

With that second goal. Gunn did the only thing he could do. It very nearly worked. He held Salah up long enough to allow our defenders to get back. With a little bit of fortune we’d have got a block in.

Here’s the alternative: Gunn stays on his line, and salah easily picks his spot. 

THEN, and this is the best bit, Gunn would be getting hammered on here for not trying to close salah down.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you lot? You take your frustration of losing out on individuals in such a childish way. It’s embarrassing to be honest. 

Exactly Coney! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

No, try actually reading what we're saying NO ONE IS SAYING HE SHOULD STAY ON HIS LINE,  he has to come out with more composure than the flapping about that he did, bull in a china shop comes to mind. He made it easy for Salah to pick his spot. 

• Haha 1

Good performance and a better scoreline than I expected. Need to keep replicating that for the rest of the season, we've been good for the last five or six games and look a much better side under DS.

Not ideal that other teams have won today but its about how many points we can get primarily, continually worrying about other results will drive us all bonkers. 

• Like 2

Criticising Gunn for the second goal is a shade misplaced. If there's anything to criticise then it's the defensive arrangement. After that, all you can do as a goalie is buy time so there's more chance of someone blocking the shot if you're beaten. He did that well enough to the extent Hanley and McLean took advantage of the time Gunn bought them to get back, but couldn't quite make the clearance.

If he'd stayed back Salah would have been totally away and could have picked his spot just against the goalie.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only real good thing is that we hopefuly give Smith the tools for a squad rebuild for next season

God knows we need it. Open your purse Delia.

Only way that will happen is if / when our star player is sold. That's Rashica by the way. A big slug will be 'held back' to 'cover relegation losses' whilst the boy Smith will have to work on the scraps contemptuously swept off The Cooks table.  

No, try actually reading what we're saying NO ONE IS SAYING HE SHOULD STAY ON HIS LINE,  he has to come out with more composure than the flapping about that he did, bull in a china shop comes to mind. He made it easy for Salah to pick his spot. 

I have read it thank you and the comments still sound childish.

Specifically what do you mean by coming out but not flapping. I don’t understand that. I don’t think that exists if I’m honest.

In that position, once he’s committed, he then has to make things as awkward for salah as he can and part of that is by making himself look as big as possible (a thing you refer to as flapping evidently).

So in the style of you…… TRY LOOKING AT THINGS RATIONALLY. If nothing else it may help lower your stress levels. It really was quite a normal football scenario there.