Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Watford (PL) *****

Cantwell omission is purely a selection decision according to Paddy Davitt and Michael Bailey on Twitter. Apparently he’s at the game, just didn’t make the squad.

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 1

"The postponement will have helped the three new Watford signings (Samir, Edo Kayembe and Hassane Kamara) adjust even more to their new team-mates and environment after impressing so much at Newcastle on their debuts. Claudio Ranieri emphasised their defensive importance this week: “The three new signings are very good. They have brought quality and experience; new strengths. We now have a very good block.""

9 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Cantwell omission is purely a selection decision according to Paddy Davitt and Michael Bailey on Twitter. Apparently he’s at the game, just didn’t make the squad.

Interesting to say the least

8 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Yeah but it’s a selection decision which sees an under 23 player selected ahead of him! Got to be more to it.

Must admit I’m a bit annoyed that Smith is continuing to allow this pantomime to go just like Farke did.

Anyhow , let’s hope team proves tonight that we don’t need him and IF he does want to play for us again Todd will realise he really needs to knuckle down 

• Like 1

At the same time, Watford spending money doesn't mean the players they sign hit the ground running (see Lees-Melou, Sargent, Rashica, Gilmour, Kabak etc. for details). After all, Everton had a debutant left-back against us in Vitaliy Mykolenko, who was beaten too easily for Sargent's cross, too far up when Idah got the second, and nearly gifted Idah another goal with one of the most suicidal backpasses I can remember.

That was undisclosed but believed to be up to £17m with add-ons....

Vitaliy Mykolenko: Everton sign Ukraine left-back from Dynamo Kyiv for undisclosed fee - BBC Sport

Watford can't keep a clean sheet, we've only scored three away from home in the league this season.

3-3 draw, anyone?

My only real request for this game, is that IF we lose, we get beat by a decent footballing side not being pushed off the ball left,  right & centre.

Am tired of being bullied by Watford and their massive bunch of bast'rds.

Hitting the bloke lying down in the wall is always a really annoying way of not taking advantage of a set piece.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Diving tw*t.

OTBC

Why can't VAR be used to punish twats like that. And why didn't the commentators even mention it?

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Please tell me someone else saw Sargent’s control then?

Excellent and great lay off to Raschica - great to hear the Tequila chant too

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting to say the least

a fully fit Cantwell should make the squad so very interesting but Smith doing the right thing picking youngsters who are going to fight for the shirt 

BBC can't spell Rashica correctly. They're putting another 'c' in there instead of the 's'.

Uh-oh, let's hope Sörensen is not in trouble here...

Edited by TheGunnShow

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

BBC can't spell Rashica correctly. They're putting another 'c' in there instead of the 's'.

Maybe it's just me but every time I hear Rashica, I think of Shooting Stars...Raaaa...sheek...ka...ka...ka

Shooting Stars Xmas Special | Channel X

• Haha 1