Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sacking in the evening, Rafa is sacked in the evening..

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly the source is Talk****e, but I don't think this is all too surprising.. When was the last time we got a manager sacked again? Do recall it happening a few times

Was that pathetic pitch invader who was thwarted by just a single, short steward holding a P45?

If ever I get on the pitch during the game, I solemnly swear I will make sure it takes more than one plastic policeman to stop me. Otherwise it's just embarrassing.

Total and utter disrespect from the Everton fans right from the off. No way was an Liverpool manager was ever going to be accepted.

Losing to the worst team in the league = you are gone  hombre.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Was that pathetic pitch invader who was thwarted by just a single, short steward holding a P45?

If ever I get on the pitch during the game, I solemnly swear I will make sure it takes more than one plastic policeman to stop me. Otherwise it's just embarrassing.

From the look of it I think it might have been Klopp in disguise! Clearly he's also upset at Rafa getting the boot 😉

1_GettyImages-1364788638.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

From the look of it I think it might have been Klopp in disguise! Clearly he's also upset at Rafa getting the boot 😉

1_GettyImages-1364788638.jpg

Check out the steward with the football boots on

FULL KIT W4NK3R!

• Haha 3

We could send Ranieri packing next game, I'm not confident about that because Watford always beat us but I could see him going if we somehow manage to win. 

He'll leave with a big fat cheque though, I'd love to be a Watford manager, just tell the team to sit deep and give it to Sarr then pick up a huge payout after a few bad results, it's an absolute dream job. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly the source is Talk****e, but I don't think this is all too surprising.. When was the last time we got a manager sacked again? Do recall it happening a few times

How can that be "Breaking News" when there is no news.

Jesus, that Talk Sh*te mob really are sh*te

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Jesus, that Talk Sh*te mob really are sh*te

They're not that good ..... makes your ears bleed if you accidentally tune in to them.

According to 90min, Benitez has agreed to depart following discussions with the Everton board on Saturday evening. The club's hierarchy have apparently lined up former West Ham boss Slaven Bilic as the 61-year-old's replacement.

It sounds a bit far fetched but an Everton fan said to me last night that with the prospect of more financial trouble at Derby, even the possibility of liquidation, he could see Wayne Rooney becoming the next Everton manager.

12 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Fair play to the steward for bringing his boots. 

Interesting piece of observation.  Aren't all stewards assigned to the pitch area wearing boots?  Would make sense. 

40 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

Interesting piece of observation.  Aren't all stewards assigned to the pitch area wearing boots?  Would make sense. 

Stop making sense,  especially  before 9 on a Sunday morning,  rational  responses don't go well with my weetabix. 

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Stop making sense,  especially  before 9 on a Sunday morning,  rational  responses don't go well with my weetabix. 

My apologies. Won't happen again. Enjoy your Bix.

It was a bit uncomfortable seeing all the Everton players stand in front of their fans at the end of the game and receive a torrent of abuse. Fair play, many would have slunk off down the tunnel.

There was a large 'sack the board' banner as well. It's not a happy club.

I'll leave it there...

3 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Quite probably, just not something I’d ever noticed before. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

It was a bit uncomfortable seeing all the Everton players stand in front of their fans at the end of the game and receive a torrent of abuse. Fair play, many would have slunk off down the tunnel.

I'll leave it there...

Was tough to see where I was sat, but it looked like there was plenty of objects being thrown at the players as well. Some around me were suggesting it might have been coins.

If Raf isn't gone by the next game, I imagine the scenes at Goodison will be pretty interesting... But most Everton journalist are suggesting he'll be gone on Monday.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'll leave it there...

That’s what we must have looked like to the Crystal Palace fans. Bit embarrassing really I suppose but how else to you vent your displeasure on a match day so that people inside the club understand how you feel? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It sounds a bit far fetched but an Everton fan said to me last night that with the prospect of more financial trouble at Derby, even the possibility of liquidation, he could see Wayne Rooney becoming the next Everton manager.

Rooney is doing well at Derby, they've just gone above Barnsley, without the points deduction they'd be 11th, not bad considering they haven't been able to spend any money and have been relying on free transfers and promoting their youth players.

43 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Rooney is doing well at Derby, they've just gone above Barnsley, without the points deduction they'd be 11th, not bad considering they haven't been able to spend any money and have been relying on free transfers and promoting their youth players.

I'm surprised how well he's doing under such difficult circumstances. I don't think it'll happen but if he were to keep them up it would be miraculous. Even finishing above rock bottom will take some doing.

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'll leave it there...

But they've spent half a billion pounds since 2017, how can any fans want them sacked? I thought people just wanted owners to spend lots of money?