Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Mumba to Peterborough

One of our most promising youngsters who should be in and around the first team. He would arguably do a better job in the wide midfield areas than some of our regulars. It feels like the club is going backwards.

• Like 1

Can't get my head around this one, he's a quality player that would be useful to have available on match day. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 1

We did this last time in the Premier League too- actually ended up weakening our defence in the January window rather than helping it. You'd have to hope we're confident of some incomings if we're loaning out players who are in and around the first team so readily. 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You really think Aarons wants another go in the Championshp?

So he gets half a season if experience then comes back for next season.

More experience and could still cover Aarons going in the summer as you imply. 

Did you brain not get switched on this morning? 

• Like 1

Good news all round I think 

Implies that Aaron is staying 

Still leaves Byram, Aarons, Williams and Gio with Sorensen as back up

Also gives us a chance to assess Mumba properly if he gets a long run in their team at the level we'll probably be at next year.

3 minutes ago, Payno10 said:

Obviously Aarons is staying now. Otherwise that will be a poor move 

Why? 

Mumba us nowhere near good enough for the premier league. 

And why is it obvious? 

I see the pinkun posters have their silly city glasses on today and no brains working. 

This idea that a kid going out on loan means Aarons isn't leaving is typical pinkun forum poster logic. 

It means nothing of the sort. 

2 minutes ago, fredherring said:

So he gets half a season if experience then comes back for next season.

More experience and could still cover Aarons going in the summer as you imply. 

Did you brain not get switched on this morning? 

Look Uncle Fred it's only 10am no need to be so rude 😂

9 minutes ago, fredherring said:

This idea that a kid going out on loan means Aarons isn't leaving is typical pinkun forum poster logic. 

It means nothing of the sort. 

I mean it makes it less likely than other people making up Aarons is leaving in the first place, with zero evidence.

• Like 1

Good to see the poster bashers have wasted no time on a thread where the ink is hardly dry on the opening post.

My opinion is that i honestly saw Aarons the most likely to leave this window and Byram is indeed a big risk to assume he will see the rest of the season out without a setback based on his previous injury record. With Mumba now gone our options at right back could well be somewhat limited further down the line.

Edited by TIL 1010

Good move for the lad, regular football hopefully rather than the odd appearance here and three for us. 

FWIW I don't expect Aarons to go anywhere until the summer but if he does move on this month it's pretty clear another full back would be signed. 

A certain Twitter account says Aarons is staying in this window, but off in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean it makes it less likely than other people making up Aarons is leaving in the first place, with zero evidence.

Surely this ' people making up that Aarons is leaving ' is based upon reports circling in the media both local and national for the last twelve months as opposed to wild PinkUn baseless comments which i read as what you are saying ?

23 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Why? 

Mumba us nowhere near good enough for the premier league. 

And why is it obvious? 

I see the pinkun posters have their silly city glasses on today and no brains working. 

I don’t wear glasses and my brain is fully working, (worst come back ever) mumba will do well in the champ, Aarons will leave at the end of the season.

no chance of him being sold now, in what world do you think that if we sold arrons and got some players in that we will stay up?? 

if we stay up I will dance through the streets like billy Connolly naked if arrons goes and we get players in to keep us up! 

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should be playing with us, more so with Aarons going. Fantastic player.

Why do you assume Aarons is going?

1 minute ago, Payno10 said:

if we stay up I will dance through the streets like billy Connolly naked if arrons goes and we get players in to keep us up! 

We want to incentivise the players to stay up, not scare them!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

A certain Twitter account says Aarons is staying in this window, but off in the summer. 

Twatter you say, must be true then as far more reliable than the PinkUn. 😂

• Like 1

Very good move for Bali, hopefully he'll get in some regularly game time, I've got big hopes for his future to replace Aaron's when he inevitably leaves at the end of the season