Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

If we don’t score tomorrow

If we fail to score tomorrow it will be the second month this season when we have literally zero goals from which to choose a ‘goal of the month’ and will need to look to under 23s etc.. 

Yet still Hogesar will defend the board and attack any who dare question this lousy self funding model. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If we fail to score tomorrow it will be the second month this season when we have literally zero goals from which to choose a ‘goal of the month’ and will need to look to under 23s etc.. 

Yet still Hogesar will defend the board and attack any who dare question this lousy self funding model. 

It was you who called our summer transfer window the best in living memory, not me!

Now scurry along you percy positive you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

December goal of the month gonna be a hard pick

Ive just done a Cambridgeshire, started a thread on that very thing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Still holding out for that Josh Sargent Screamer!

Next Year maybe . Its coming.😂

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

It was you who called our summer transfer window the best in living memory, not me!

Now scurry along you percy positive you!

image.jpeg.525356577038c8773d356f665ab4dd32.jpeg
here is a picture of Hogesar. Who can’t enter debate any more but only wants to point out my one positive comment in a thousand about the window - which I wrote after a few drinks and when enthused at signing Kabak and Normann-meanwhile the broken record disregards all other posts on which I made very plain my concern at lack of emi and Skipp replacements. And my predictions that we once again were signing small young players when it was clear we needed physicality 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Next Year maybe . Its coming.😂

I was in the ground unusually early yesterday and had the pleasure seeing Josh doing shooting practice. McGovern either saved them or they missed the target. You might be waiting some while for that first league goal, he is hopeless.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It will come, just think positive thoughts, Lakey said. 

He can probably do an ok job in the Championship but he won’t be pulling up trees. A complete waste of money. 

12 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

here is a picture of Hogesar. Who can’t enter debate any more but only wants to point out my one positive comment in a thousand about the window - which I wrote after a few drinks and when enthused at signing Kabak and Normann-meanwhile the broken record disregards all other posts on which I made very plain my concern at lack of emi and Skipp replacements. And my predictions that we once again were signing small young players when it was clear we needed physicality 

IMG_20211227_170230.jpg.403ad488c533c34810cad9377966ae0d.jpg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I was in the ground unusually early yesterday and had the pleasure seeing Josh doing shooting practice. McGovern either saved them or they missed the target. You might be waiting some while for that first league goal, he is hopeless.

Bit harsh captain 😳 but spot on. Its frightening and WTF . Two years down the line it'll still be the same. It's so so depressing and should never have been like this. We should have been going for consolation this year not gambling and feeling smart about what a financial gain could be made later down the line. Its embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

Bit harsh captain 😳 but spot on. Its frightening and WTF . Two years down the line it'll still be the same. It's so so depressing and should never have been like this. We should have been going for consolation this year not gambling and feeling smart about what a financial gain could be made later down the line. Its embarrassing. 

On a positive note McGovern is still in fine shape and I wouldn't be disappointed to see him start against Palace, which of course he won't.

I was really surprised to see Gilmour banging them in. Fierce shot on him, shame his overall play is regressing.

It was the most enjoyable part of the afternoon!

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

No one ever comes up with a solution to our "model" when attacking it's obvious shortcomings. Clearly we are restricted in how much we can spend on fees and how much we can pay in wages. So are half of this league now, due to FFP, and we have caught up a little but nowhere near enough.

In patches since Farke left, some of our players have shown they can compete if they bring their A game. But we are trying to make up a huge amount of ground whenever we get into the PL because squad strengths are just so much better.

Premier League - Transfer balance and five-year comparison | Transfermarkt

Take a look at this table and you'll see that we were about halfway in terms of net spend in the summer, but over the last 5 years third only to Brighton, who sold Ben White for serious money, and Brentford who have been even better at this model than us and have invested in players who have made the transition. Over 10 year, Brentford have delivered remarkable financial success and are proof that the model CAN work. But if they get relegated next year, will their supporters also hammer the model which has brought that success? All their owner does if give them cash flow certainty; he may be a billionaire, but he hasn't lost a penny because their recruitment has been so good.

So has ours. They may not yet be good enough to keep us in the PL (when we hoped they would be) but Rashica, Tzolis and Sargent (the players who represent our "model" purchases) together with our continuing academy stars (Aarons, Omabamidele, Idah, Cantwell) are or will be good players for us.

I think the model takes a long time to work and in hindsight the promotion in 2018-19 was probably unhelpful to that smooth progress because we weren't ready. I still think that in terms of squad strength we are closer now and If we invested further in just two or three PL quality players in January it could still make a huge difference.

If we go down again, we will still be strong in the Championship and the overall strength of the squad will continue to improve. It may take another 5 years but this path will close the gap.

There is absolutely no guarantee that a change of model will do any better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

On a positive note McGovern is still in fine shape and I wouldn't be disappointed to see him start against Palace, which of course he won't.

I was really surprised to see Gilmour banging them in. Fierce shot on him, shame his overall play is regressing.

It was the most enjoyable part of the afternoon!

Hopefully we will have another eye catching warm up tomorrow. 

35 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

To be honest DCB, you have just started a thread about the hypothetical response to a hypothetical situation just to continue an argument that even your first post acknowledges has been going around ad nauseam.

Its probably not a good moment to claim that someone is sounding like a broken record or that another poster is not having a sensible debate.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 3

We won't score tomorrow. Going to be the same sh1te served up. McLean gilmour Sargent will start and off eff all

Crazy to think the free scoring team of last year might be going a second calender month this season without a goal. So depressing!

20 minutes ago, 1902 said:

To be honest DCB, you have just started a thread about the hypothetical response to a hypothetical situation just to continue an argument that even your first post acknowledges has been going around ad nauseam.

Its probably not a good moment to claim that someone is sounding like a broken record or that another poster is not having a sensible debate.

Yeah but he bites every time! 

35 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yeah but he bites every time! 

Fair enough I suppose.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

He can probably do an ok job in the Championship but he won’t be pulling up trees. A complete waste of money. 

I said he was sh*t before we signed him, so I know that.

Hugill and now Sargent, Webber doesn't have a clue - time for change. 

31 minutes ago, Dean80 said:

I see Jermain Defoe mite not be need no more and could be worth a shot of a loan? 

He's played 8 minutes in like 7 months, he's an old man. 

That said, has to be more of a goal threat than Hugill. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 hours ago, For the future said:

If we don’t score tomorrow don’t pay there wages then they will score goals 

Of course they will. It’s as easy as that. Thanks Einstein.

In answer to the topic.

If we dont score. Yes we will loose

BuT we will score. I'm sure.i 🤔 think 😁

• Haha 1