Sign in to follow this  
south stand corner terrace

Ashton Pulls A Calf Muscle

Hold on, what exactly does Dean Ashton (or really any player) owe the club? They bought him yeah and brought him into the Prem League, but thats because he had something to offer them in return. It wasnt an act of charity on the part of Norwich FC, it was a business deal. It ended up not surviving, so he moved on.

If it was Huckerby maybe id understand. He''d probably be riding the bench still at Man C, but Norwich has given him a second chance.

These boards are turning to total sh*te.Gloating over injuries to players past and present, whats wrong with people?

no doubt sellinbg Earnshaw in a years time will be treated the sameway as a "money grabber"?

some pople need their heads testing! ashton was shocking here because he got no service.. he goes to West ham and scores goals because they pass it round and have a manager with a clue what hes doing

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no doubt sellinbg Earnshaw in a years time will be treated the sameway as a "money grabber"?

some pople need their heads testing! ashton was shocking here because he got no service.. he goes to West ham and scores goals because they pass it round and have a manager with a clue what hes doing

[/quote]

Spot on.

Etherington V Andy Hughes

Etuhu V Reo-Coker

I know they are premiership and should have a better midfield but even last year we lacked creativity, an unmotivated francis, holt was useless, jonson was out of his depth. Compared to etherington, benayoun and reo-coker.

Ashton is extremely brave and this i admire though it can cause him a lot of injuries, im sure there must be some sort of law against you lot wishing injuries upon people, i think its sick myself bt seeing as your all doing it:

I WANT MCKENZIE TO GET INJURED COS HES OVERRATED

Pretentious moi? Why the naked aggression towards West Ham?Is it because they have actually siezed the oppurtunity that the premiership offered,rather than the `we`re not worthy,just happy to be here` mentality that stifled city`s season in the big time?

celebrating Ashton getting injured means nothing to us really

i mean would you be celebrating it if he was still here?

say someone commendable like greeno moved on and got injured, would you celebrate?

reread what i said to paul rankin when he was gloating over hughes'' injury. worthington is quite right to criticise the fans if we include people like you and him who wish harm on others or take pleasure in it.

[quote user="AJ"]

celebrating Ashton getting injured means nothing to us really

i mean would you be celebrating it if he was still here?

say someone commendable like greeno moved on and got injured, would you celebrate?

[/quote]

To be perfectly honest, nothing Ashton does from now on means anything to me unless he is playing against us (though when that''ll be who knows) or for England (not sure he will). 

He came here played a season and left, looking good at times and poor at others - as far as I''m concerned he never showed enough for me to feel particularly ''attached'' to him as a player.  I don''t particularly wish him ill or good fortune, but he did seem to be an injury waiting to happen, though, and to have got £7m+ for him was pretty damn good. 

[quote user="Beno27"]

Ashton is extremely brave and this i admire though it can cause him a lot of injuries, im sure there must be some sort of law against you lot wishing injuries upon people, i think its sick myself bt seeing as your all doing it:

[/quote]

Don''t disrespect Leon. He is a God. He tries harder than Hughes and actually has some footballing ability. Ashton is gone, some people will be bitter, I was at first. Now I think c''est la vie, but wishing a man who has just twice recovered from serious injuries is just wong. Wishing Ashton ill is wrong, but two wrongs do not make a right.Congratulations, you''ve stooped below everyone elses level.

[quote user="Beno27"]

[/quote] What a pathetic thing to say. You have just called yourselkf sick too!! You want one of our best strikers to get injured??? You could say Ashton was over-rated - did you want him injured??? I don''t think so.

I think McKenzie''s injuries have been a big blow to us this season. He formed a good partnership with Ashton last season and will always score goals. He is quick, gives 110% and can finish too.

I have lost some respect for McKenzie over his affair but he is a good footballer and I want to see him do well for Norwich city thus staying injury free. I don''t rate Hughes, Etuhu or Colin but I would never wish an injury on any of them!!

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="Beno27"]

[/quote]

Don''t disrespect Leon. He is a God. He tries harder than Hughes and actually has some footballing ability. Ashton is gone, some people will be bitter, I was at first. Now I think c''est la vie, but wishing a man who has just twice recovered from serious injuries is just wong. Wishing Ashton ill is wrong, but two wrongs do not make a right.Congratulations, you''ve stooped below everyone elses level.

[/quote]

yay im special

Come on guys and gals - buying Deano was the last throw of the dice to retain Premiership status. His sale was an inevitable consequence of relegation and he left us as our leading scorer of the season. He is an honest, genuine, good kid who we should all wish the best of luck to.

Get over the injury and continue to prove what a talented young English striker you are.

[quote user="Russ Feld"]

Hold on, what exactly does Dean Ashton (or really any player) owe the club? They bought him yeah and brought him into the Prem League, but thats because he had something to offer them in return. It wasnt an act of charity on the part of Norwich FC, it was a business deal. It ended up not surviving, so he moved on.

If it was Huckerby maybe id understand. He''d probably be riding the bench still at Man C, but Norwich has given him a second chance.

[/quote]

Need educating don`t you feld ?     Norwich didn`t give Hucks a " second chance "   it was    Hucks who gave  Norwich  a "second chance "  !!   or did you think that  winning the championship  , and  getting  into the prem  was down to  luck ? 

As for " riding the bench " at Mancity ....   this had NOTHING to do with Hucks abilities , and everything to do with  the idiot keegans   stupidities !    you can bet your arse  that  if keegan had done his [ usual ]  runner   before we got Hucks  ,   that he would still be playing  for Mancity !   why ? because Psycho  would have put him in the first team   in place of  the useless Fowler  , NO doubt about THAT !!

their loss is our gain  , can you grasp that ??? 

Sheded.. its worth noting that Hucks has played for Newcastle, Man City and Leeds and never really set the world alight... he didnt really at Coventry apart from 1 wonder goal vs Man utd... he is doing well here but in a pretty ordinary Coventry side he still couldnt make the team.... He is better than anything we have got at the moment though, which is pretty clear to see looking at the rest of the team since he has been here....

at the other clubs it was about his ability.. also, he was somewhat overwieght at Coventry... find a pic of him from the time.

Sheded.. its worth noting that Hucks has played for Newcastle, Man City and Leeds and never really set the world alight... he didnt really at Coventry apart from 1 wonder goal vs Man utd... he is doing well here but in a pretty ordinary Coventry side he still couldnt make the team.... He is better than anything we have got at the moment though, which is pretty clear to see looking at the rest of the team since he has been here....

at the other clubs it was about his ability.. also, he was somewhat overwieght at Coventry... find a pic of him from the time.

[/quote]

Take away then , the FACT that Hucks got Mancity into the prem !  and Then  was banged into the reserves  by the idiot keegan  while  he went on a wild spending spree  , buying such  " bargains  " as a series of  over the hill " prem players "  such as Fowler et al  ....   then compounding his stupidity by never bringing Hucks back into the first  team DESPITE     hurtling down into the relegation zone   , why ? because  he would then have to admit what a plonker he`s been !   don`t forget this [ so called ]  manager  pulled his usual party trick when it goes tits up , and thats doing another runner !

Leeds ? there`s another red herring !   Hucks was  never given any chance there , for the same reasons as at Mancity ...   a plonker of a manager   with oodles of cash  burning a hole in his pocket , buying up " prem player "    you can see where Leeds ended up !  

Newcastle ?   well , wasn`t that where the keegan the plonker  was the manager ?  to which he did yet another  runner  ...need I say more ? 

Coventry  ?   Hucks was their top scorer , no two ways about it !     and they were in the prem then !!      but , guess what  ?   a little scots git  of a manager   couldn`t get his  red head around the fact that Hucks  wasn`t going to conform to his  rigid  plans [ I call it jealousy ]     and sold Hucks , if I remember  rightly  , Coventry bacame distinctly " ordinary "  afterwards !! 

You know , it does get a little boring   answering these repetative  jibes against  Hucks !   surely by now you can grasp   the fact that  he  IS the best player we`ve had for years ,  and that we are bleeding lucky  to have got him !    because , under a manager like  Psycho   of Mancity, he would now  be a striker in the prem !     I know for a fact  that he urged keegan , many times  , to pick Hucks in place of Fowler   ,  when  they were skidding down the slippery slope to relegation  ,  but Fowly was keegans little pet ......

Looking at the above , and , somehow , it makes you appreciate Nigel !! 

Sheded, I think you really should open your eyes a bit more sometimes, you seem to be unable to be objective about Hux.

Strachan did not sell Huckerby because he was jealous of him or because of the way he played.  He sold him for the money simple as that.  I also think you will find that Dion Dublin was regularly Coventry''s top scorer not Hux.

Hux single handedly got Man City promoted?  Really?  You are really sure about that?  Nothing to do with Wanchope scoring 12 in 14.  Nothing to do with Goater getting 28 goals?  Nothing to do with the likes of  Bernarbia, Wright Phillips and Berkovic pulling the strings in their midfield.  Nothing to do with the back four of Dunne, Howey, Perace, Jensen - all proven in the top division.

No doubt Hux is our best player when on form but he has not been done enough this year.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Take away then , the FACT that Hucks got Mancity into the prem !  and Then  was banged into the reserves  by the idiot keegan  while  he went on a wild spending spree  , buying such  " bargains  " as a series of  over the hill " prem players "  such as Fowler et al  ....   then compounding his stupidity by never bringing Hucks back into the first  team DESPITE     hurtling down into the relegation zone   , why ? because  he would then have to admit what a plonker he`s been !   don`t forget this [ so called ]  manager  pulled his usual party trick when it goes tits up , and thats doing another runner !

Leeds ? there`s another red herring !   Hucks was  never given any chance there , for the same reasons as at Mancity ...   a plonker of a manager   with oodles of cash  burning a hole in his pocket , buying up " prem player "    you can see where Leeds ended up !  

Newcastle ?   well , wasn`t that where the keegan the plonker  was the manager ?  to which he did yet another  runner  ...need I say more ? 

Coventry  ?   Hucks was their top scorer , no two ways about it !     and they were in the prem then !!      but , guess what  ?   a little scots git  of a manager   couldn`t get his  red head around the fact that Hucks  wasn`t going to conform to his  rigid  plans [ I call it jealousy ]     and sold Hucks , if I remember  rightly  , Coventry bacame distinctly " ordinary "  afterwards !! 

You know , it does get a little boring   answering these repetative  jibes against  Hucks !   surely by now you can grasp   the fact that  he  IS the best player we`ve had for years ,  and that we are bleeding lucky  to have got him !    because , under a manager like  Psycho   of Mancity, he would now  be a striker in the prem !     I know for a fact  that he urged keegan , many times  , to pick Hucks in place of Fowler   ,  when  they were skidding down the slippery slope to relegation  ,  but Fowly was keegans little pet ......

Looking at the above , and , somehow , it makes you appreciate Nigel !! 

[/quote]

think u''ll find Shaun Goater and Paulo Wanchope notching 50 goals between them, plus the form of Eyal Berkovic and a certain young lad named Wright Phillips took Man city up... Hucks was a bit part player... a squad man if nothing more.. he did score goals but was never going to be regular.

Keegan might of been a plonker at Newcastle.. but that "plonker" took Newcastle to the champions league and 2nd in the premiership... the likes of Ian Rush were preferred over Hucks.. and Rush was about 90 at the time....

and which Plonker of a manager are u referring to at leeds... O''Dreary???? Graham??? i think it was George Graham that signed hucks... again the odd game here, the odd game there... True they had Kewell and Viduka at the time, along with that man fowler.. but again hucks wasnt a regular.. even bench warming...

i agree with hucks doing well at Coventry after checking out his stats.. in a team with Fat bHoy Hartson and Craig bellamy its hard to see why Coventry struggled in the way they did really...

im not having a pop at Hucks.. he is the best player we have because the rest of the team is ordinary at best.. even when hucks was first here... we were an ordinary side.... we still are.... when hucks is on form he can terrorise.. when hucks doesnt give 2 hoots then he should be dropped....

I disagree with the fact that he is the best player we have had in years... Darren Eadie was far more consistant and always looked up for it.... Earnshaw is 3 billion times the batter player, and although we wont ever see it Dean Ashton will be the complete footballer at West ham....

Hucks record for us has been good as he spent most of his career here in the championship... where i think u will find the majority of his goals have been scored...

I feel he is far too good for this division but in the prem maybe isnt as good... also he''s nearing 30 now... whats going to happen once the legs start to go????

no beno, ur a pleb!

[/quote]

The dictionary definition of a pleb is someone that is common, what have i done to give you this impression? And having somebody Ive never met and dont care about calling me a pleb really hurt! [:P] I thought we were friends! [:''(]

BTW was a joke about Mckenzie, not a very funny one having read back! and i have now realised that saying one bad word about him is unacceptable on this messageboard, everyone seems to think hes fantastic, why I''ll never know! think he lacks the quality needed in this division and does not score enough goals, however he doesnt have a bad effect when he comes on.