Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

So, Webber's the problem

He's started to believe his own hype and is now a clueless charlatan.

Sacking Farke and appointing Lampard. Christ on a bike.

Edited by canarydan23

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Sacking Farke and appointing Lampard. Chris on a bike.

Why is Goreham on a bike?

• Haha 5

On the face of it I agree with you. 

But as with any manager once in place they'll get full support.

I think appointing a young bright British manager who guided Chelsea to a champions league slot when he had a transfer embargo is a great move and I hope all these on here move on from Farke (Great in the Championship but was poor in the top flight) and get behind Lampard if it's confirmed.

Remember all those customer / supporter arguments on here... time to walk the talk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's also very significant that a guy with his reputation has put belief in our survival, when no-one else external has.

If you can't stand him as a person, surely placing belief in us as a club is a consideration to take onboard.  Webber would not appoint anyone unless they had a clear vision on how to progress.

...Unless he was autograph hunting, of course! 🙂

Lampard has it all to lose ... we currently have 5 points out of 11 games. looking forward to him getting better out of Cantwell, Gilmour and the rest of the talent. 

Webber obviously thinks this squad is better than the result show and that Lampard can get more out of it.

Good to have a big name on board... last Champions League winner did alright...

If this is the best he can come up with then that raises serious question marks. Either he's lost the plot or none of his top targets would come and we had to settle for Lampard. Either way it is extremely discouraging. 

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think appointing a young bright British manager who guided Chelsea to a champions league slot when he had a transfer embargo is a great move and I hope all these on here move on from Farke (Great in the Championship but was poor in the top flight) and get behind Lampard if it's confirmed.

Remember all those customer / supporter arguments on here... time to walk the talk.

He took a 3rd placed Premier League to 4th in the Premier League.

Then he took a 4th placed Premier League team to 9th in the Premier League. Said 9th placed team then suddenly skyrocketed back up the table and won a Champions League after getting rid of him.

At Derby, he took a 6th placed Championship team to 6th in the Championship, despite the addition of Mount and Wilson.

I'm not surprised a few fans have been taken in by a name. I'd have expected better of a Sporting Director.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Then he took a 4th placed Premier League team to 9th in the Premier League. Said 9th placed team then suddenly skyrocketed back up the table and won a Champions League after getting rid of him.

At Derby, he took a 6th placed Championship team to 6th in the Championship, despite the addition of Mount and Wilson.

I'm not surprised a few fans have been taken in by a name. I'd have expected better of a Sporting Director.

Now if we could get the Lampard of 10 years ago and he was playing in midfield instead of managing I'd be much more excited.

Well, we've replaced our much-loved German manager with a trusty well-known British name. In light of the emerging parallels to a certain political event with similar dynamics and the lack of enthusiasm of some who seemed more enthusiastic about Farke leaving than what's replacing him, I would like to dub this episode in the club's history as 'Farkit'. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

On the face of it I agree with you. 

But as with any manager once in place they'll get full support.

Exactly. And Webber has done a splendid job off the pitch even if some of the recruitment has baffled me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Fully intend to get behind Lampard; like you say we're supporters and that's our job. I don't agree swapping Farke for Lampard is a positive move but Webber is the one paid to make these decisions and get it right, not me. 

11 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If this is the best he can come up with then that raises serious question marks. Either he's lost the plot or none of his top targets would come and we had to settle for Lampard. Either way it is extremely discouraging. 

Suspect, but the key word is suspect, they wanted Knutsen first if that SexyBennett account is any guide, not to mention @Olano had said the Bodo director is usually very quick to stomp all over dodgy rumours, but didn't this time.

16 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I expected a Sporting Director to replace a manager with a 10% win ratio in the top flight. He did.

Move on and enjoy the extra motivation.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fredherring said:

What a bunch of moaning turds. 

You're displaying your complete ignorance of football and motivation. 

You’re clearly such an expert, you should take over Paul Cooks job

• Haha 1

If you sack your manager after a win it suggests at least that you have a replacement lined up and ready to go. What Webber failed to do was his due diligence on his preferred candidate who, had he done so, would have told him his loyalty meant he wouldn't leave his old club until the season was over - in December. That left Webber in a position with a run of games coming up with no manager and no coaching staff in the building. That is a totally fk'd up situation that happens because Webber has been handed total control of the running of the club with no one questioning his decisions. Farke should never have been sacked until there was a cast iron certainty that KK was coming to Norwich. But it went ahead to move the spotlight of failure onto Farke rather than the mediocre signings of Webber.

However you look at it, Lampard for Farke is a downgrade. Lampard may have been a brilliant footballer in his time but that counts for nothing as a coach and his managerial record to date shows no evidence that he can keep us in the Premier League or move us forward. Just waiting for Uncle Harry to get involved in our transfer business to complete the misery.

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's also very significant that a guy with his reputation has put belief in our survival, when no-one else external has.

If you can't stand him as a person, surely placing belief in us as a club is a consideration to take onboard.  Webber would not appoint anyone unless they had a clear vision on how to progress.

...Unless he was autograph hunting, of course! 🙂

Why would you not like him as a person. I think he comes across as a decent bloke.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Spot on what an absolute disaster of an appointment if confirmed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

He has gone up massively in my estimations today.

Shown a pragmatism, a willingness to diverge from his own dogma and adapt to the constantly changing landscape. I thought he was too stubborn. 

Pathetic that a small group of forum whingers are trying to create a Webber vs Farke divide, both honourable men who try and do right by the club. 

Oh, and, if Farke was sacked by a board vote then Lampard would have been appointed by one. If you want to blame Webber you have to extend that to Delia, MWJ, and Nephew Tom, are you prepared to?

40 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Everyone always trots out as fact now that Farke was great in the Champs but rubbish in the Prem, and that's why we must get rid of him. But how about Webber? Took Huddersfield up, couldn't keep them up. Took Norwich up twice, couldn't keep them up. Maybe he's great in the Champs and rubbish in the Prem as well???

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

If you sack your manager after a win it suggests at least that you have a replacement lined up and ready to go. What Webber failed to do was his due diligence on his preferred candidate who, had he done so, would have told him his loyalty meant he wouldn't leave his old club until the season was over - in December. That left Webber in a position with a run of games coming up with no manager and no coaching staff in the building. That is a totally fk'd up situation that happens because Webber has been handed total control of the running of the club with no one questioning his decisions. Farke should never have been sacked until there was a cast iron certainty that KK was coming to Norwich. But it went ahead to move the spotlight of failure onto Farke rather than the mediocre signings of Webber.

However you look at it, Lampard for Farke is a downgrade. Lampard may have been a brilliant footballer in his time but that counts for nothing as a coach and his managerial record to date shows no evidence that he can keep us in the Premier League or move us forward. Just waiting for Uncle Harry to get involved in our transfer business to complete the misery.

IMO, this seems very likely to be true.

27 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Think there are a few holes you can pick in this. Lampard's first season at Chelsea was reasonably impressive, off the back of losing Hazard he brought a number of young players into the side all while keeping them in the top 4. They also were 4th on GD. Second season he struggled to integrate the new signings into the team, and eventually they replaced him with one of the best coaches in the world today. Finally in Farke's first season with us he took an 8th placed championship team to 14th place, despite having James Maddison. It's easy to come up with these when you avoid the context.

21 minutes ago, fredherring said:

What a bunch of moaning turds. 

You're displaying your complete ignorance of football and motivation. 

Top level players motivate themselves and the days of managers needing to constantly gee up players has gone, besides the players were still playing for Farke so motivation isn't the issue.

The tactical and coaching side of the game is much more important nowadays and on the evidence so far Lampard is very similar tactically to Farke with the same weaknesses. I'd much rather a no name coach who can organize a defense and plays fast, high pressing attacking football than a bigger name Daniel Farke

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

So disingenuous.

Mount was a nobody at that time, Wilson played his best football under Lampard and was poor in the Championship last season (that's Lampard getting a lot out of him)

And Mel Morris had just flogged Vydra and Weimann and replaced them with f*cking Martyn Waghorn and Jack Marriott. He walked into a club which was shedding senior players like Shackell, Jerome and Chris Martin to cut the wage bill to meet FFP

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh, and, if Farke was sacked by a board vote then Lampard would have been appointed by one. If you want to blame Webber you have to extend that to Delia, MWJ, and Nephew Tom, are you prepared to?

Even you can't be that naive. Footballing control at the club is in the hands of the sporting director. In other words the board go along with what he recommends - the alternative is they undermine him and watch him walk.

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

IMO, this seems very likely to be true.

IMO, it’s all speculative and without a shred of hard evidence.

I’ve not seen any proof that Knutsen was our first choice, but feel free to supply it.

Then let’s look at the claim that you should have a replacement lined up before you sack a manager. How often does that happen? Did Villa immediately appoint Gerrard? Newcastle Howe? Farke was dismissed on Saturday, Lampard is apparently all but officially confirmed on Thursday. How much quicker does it need to happen to qualify as already “lined up”?

And then Farke to Lampard is a downgrade “any way you look at it”? Any neutral would laugh this out of court.