Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce NOT being considered

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/07/norwich-sporting-director-stuart-webber-lead-search-new-manager/

To sum it up-

We don't have a replacement already lighted up right now.

Webber is looking for some who will 'work within the clubs model'

Russel Martin may be being considered.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Michael Bailey seems to suggest the next man is already lined up. I’d probably be more inclined to listen to him than the telegraph.

• Like 5

Talk about state the obvious! I doubt anyone will be surprised that Steve Bruce isn't being considered. 

I'm also surprised that they are suggesting that Webber has started a search for a new coach. I'd be amazed if he hadn't finished the search by yesterday morning. 

• Like 3

I predict that whoever is  appointed, 99.9% of us will have never heard of him, but at least 25% of the posters on here will have a quick Wiki, then proceed to talk about how they happen to have “watched a lot of the new man’s previous club” and give us their informed opinion whether we want it or not! Ha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I predict that whoever is  appointed, 99.9% of us will have never heard of him, but at least 25% of the posters on here will have a quick Wiki, then proceed to talk about how they happen to have “watched a lot of the new man’s previous club” and give us their informed opinion whether we want it or not! Ha!

This made me laugh! Spot on 😂😂😂

38 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Michael Bailey seems to suggest the next man is already lined up. I’d probably be more inclined to listen to him than the telegraph.

Yup, no evidence at all given in the telegraph piece. Just pure speculation using the recent interview with Webber it would seem. They've ruled out Allardyce and Bruce because they "don't fit our model" rather than any other reason.

I do think that is a bit short sighted because Bruce really established himself in the top flight at Wigan, and Wigan's model was to market themselves as a stepping stone for players to come and prove themselves and then get big moves to top six sides in the PL or abroad. He's also brought youngsters through wherever he's been and tried to balance bringing in talented youngsters with experienced pro's. If anything, arguably it is his style that doesn't fit more than anything else. Though his football is no where near the approach of Allardyce and Pullis. 

I know we're a bit of a shambles at the moment (Farke, Shirt Sponsor, Cantwell, Gilmour etc,) but hopefully someone has had the common sense to line up the next Manager before Farke was outed.

6 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Whoever is appointed.....prepare to be underwhelmed....

Guaranteed 100% yes man waiting in the wings.  

6 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Yea I struggle to believe we did this under the timeline that’s been described if we didn’t have someone lined up.

Only speculating but I’d suspect Webber went to the board with his replacement candidate not just to say Farke needed to go. He didn’t need to wait to have that conversation.

Unusual to sack all the coaching staff without the new managers say so or the new manager saying he is bringing in his own staff.

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I had an approach from Webber but declined it because I couldn’t work within the self funding model 

Perhaps you would also be uncomfortable booing yourself when results weren't good?

If the appointment is already a done deal why has it not been announced immediately? The need to sack him was immediate, I presumed that was to install the new man as soon as possible. I cant see any reason why they cant announce. Sacking the backroom staff suggests everything is in place. But not announcing immediately seems odd to me. So maybe they havent got someone?

7 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I'll have you know I'm a regular viewer of Bode/Glimt 😏

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If the appointment is already a done deal why has it not been announced immediately? The need to sack him was immediate, I presumed that was to install the new man as soon as possible. I cant see any reason why they cant announce. Sacking the backroom staff suggests everything is in place. But not announcing immediately seems odd to me. So maybe they havent got someone?

Wait until 9pm tommorow morning 😉

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wait until 9pm tommorow morning 😉

You in Australia or something?! 😉

7 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I already have someone in mind who fits the bill.

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/07/norwich-sporting-director-stuart-webber-lead-search-new-manager/

To sum it up-

We don't have a replacement already lighted up right now.

Webber is looking for some who will 'work within the clubs model'

Russel Martin may be being considered.

I have to say I will be very disappointed if we don’t have someone who has already provisionally said they will take the job. I assumed that would be the case given the timing of last nights announcement 

15 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

We need a name officer

Read the forum and remember who has said what and it is fairly obvious CK.

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Read the forum and remember who has said what and it is fairly obvious CK.

Ahh, that’s my problem you see, I don’t remember anything.