Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Farke Gone

1 minute ago, Miss Demeanor said:

would Delia have looked so glum if her mate was coming in?🤔

Guilt? Delia doesnt strike me as a ruthless psychopath like most CEOs are. You could argue she's had too much of a personal relationship wth managers rather than a business one. Hard to sack a friend

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

I was calling for his head but the timing is all over the place. 

I think its more than just results though. I wonder how much the Cantwell situation factors in to it. 

Very much agree. Farke seems to have kept Cantwell out of the team. Gilmour too. Maybe they think Tzolis is being held back. Cantwell's value drops with each game he misses. Id have thought it factored in the thinking

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I'm disappointed for Daniel, he's been a breath of fresh air really, a different type of manager and one that will leave us with some fantastic memories.

I'm not sure that the timing is that much of a surprise, the club now have a clear fortnight that they can devote to the recruitment and integration of the next guy. Let's be honest, that's going to be more difficult than the sacking of Farke. If they don't get that right then the dismissal and associated costs will have been wasted. 

In some ways I'm glad that he got to go out on a "high", we got that win, the monkey was off his back and he got that one last hurrah with our jubilant fans; fans that have - for the most part - shown huge amounts of faith and trust in him and his methodology. 

The biggest sadness for me is that we didn't get to enjoy last season with him, in person, at the grounds. It was a remarkable season that he delivered and we were denied the chance to properly experience it. Had we have been able to do so, perhaps the bond between Farke and the fans would have been even stronger and just perhaps that might have bought him a few more games goodwill. Some might (do) think that's the worst thing that could have happened and that he should have gone sooner, too. 

But, ultimately, it's done. He leaves me with far more good memories than bad and if the next guy is a step up on Daniel Farke, I reckon we'll be doing ok. 

Echo all of that, particularly the bits in bold. 

I'm devastated it's come to this. I've never liked a Norwich City manager more, but ultimately it was time to go.  No other club would've afforded him this much time. 

Really sad. And so soon after elation! The timing stinks, but was always going to.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Very much agree. Farke seems to have kept Cantwell out of the team. Gilmour too. Maybe they think Tzolis is being held back. Cantwell's value drops with each game he misses. Id have thought it factored in the thinking

If Cantwell starts in two weeks..

I think the timing is just really unfortunate, it will take time to have a replacement lined up, so I think it’s accidental that it comes after the first win of the season.

That said, telling him today before the game is really poor, they could have told him this past week at some point, since they must have known things would be in place soon. 

Edited by Jambomo

Should have been Webber and his wife who should have walked, both of them think they are untouchable 

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I think the timing is just really unfortunate, it will take time to have a replacement lined up, so I think it’s accidental that it comes after the first win of the season.

That said, telling him today before the game is really poor, they could have told him this past week at some point, since they must have known things would be in place soon. 

The timing suggests there is somone else all ready to step in. If there isn't, then it is even more stupid than even I could imagine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Farke will walk into a top job in football. Give him Dortmund and he will thrive.

I think he'd get a tune out of that Man Utd side, actually.

A sad day. Daniel's impact on this club can't be overstated, but it was the right decision at the right time. Sacking him now gives plenty of time to get that successor in place without having to look ahead at the next game with such urgency. 

I'll never forget the Manchester City win. Nottingham Forest on Boxing Day (wasn't it?). Ipswich at home against Paul Lambert and that wink. The Farke waves. The utter jubilation of two title victories. 

Thank you Daniel. Norwich owes you a debt of gratitude and you should be welcome back here with open arms. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Farke will walk into a top job in football. Give him Dortmund and he will thrive.

Farkeball doesnt work at a club where you have the worst players in the league. It is magnificent when you have the best players as our championship titles show. 

It does make you wonder if he could do just as well in a top league with the best players, ie a Dortmund. He knows that club top to bottom and could walk straight in

Even better. Think about it though, the firepower that United side has in theory, with Bruno Fernandes at number 10 and a presser like Cavani up top, and Pogba rushing up behind, with Shaw pelting it up one wing.

Needs a more attacking right-back and a more consistently reliable presence in defence, but considering how important Stiepermann was as number 10 in our first Championship win under Farke, Fernandes would be so empowered.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The timing suggests there is somone else all ready to step in. If there isn't, then it is even more stupid than even I could imagine.

Yes, I agree with that. 

Seems Very strange after his first win ?

Nice he ended on a high but that seems crazy after all the rubbish performances why wait till today ?

i have a feeling Warnock as he walked today but could equally be wilder 

With Daniel it wasn't about the destination it was all about the journey. Hell of a ride, it was bloody good fun. Thank you Daniel, I hope you have lots of smiles when you are enjoying your coffee and cake on the sofa.

• Like 2

Nice enough man but like the owners was completely out of his depth at PL level. I don't think his backroom staff and coaches did him any favours either.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I'm disappointed for Daniel, he's been a breath of fresh air really, a different type of manager and one that will leave us with some fantastic memories.

I'm not sure that the timing is that much of a surprise, the club now have a clear fortnight that they can devote to the recruitment and integration of the next guy. Let's be honest, that's going to be more difficult than the sacking of Farke. If they don't get that right then the dismissal and associated costs will have been wasted. 

In some ways I'm glad that he got to go out on a "high", we got that win, the monkey was off his back and he got that one last hurrah with our jubilant fans; fans that have - for the most part - shown huge amounts of faith and trust in him and his methodology. 

The biggest sadness for me is that we didn't get to enjoy last season with him, in person, at the grounds. It was a remarkable season that he delivered and we were denied the chance to properly experience it. Had we have been able to do so, perhaps the bond between Farke and the fans would have been even stronger and just perhaps that might have bought him a few more games goodwill. Some might (do) think that's the worst thing that could have happened and that he should have gone sooner, too. 

But, ultimately, it's done. He leaves me with far more good memories than bad and if the next guy is a step up on Daniel Farke, I reckon we'll be doing ok. 

👍👍👍

Run out of reactions but I feel this is the closest to how I feel.

I can't be hypocritical because I wanted him gone and I rather he left on a high like today than being run out on a rail in a Hughton/Worthy style.

Good luck and God bless Daniel. Danke schön.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

I wonder if they've reacted because they want Wilder & are trying to beat Middlesbrough to his signature

Why on earth would you want Wilder? First season in the Prem fantastic (surprise factor many newly promoted teams get?) then following season they dropped like a stone and he couldnt do anything to halt the slide. Completely different tactical style. That makes no sense to me