Sign in to follow this  
kenfoggo

Head Coach starting to sound out of touch.

I have great respect for Farke and what he has done for the Club in terms of Championship performance. Bravo, well done. Splendid!

However defending his own performance as a Premiership Head Coach is a stretch. Being asked to be judged after the season’s end, after 38 games rather than after 9. We have all seen , especially the Chelsea horror show, where he is at in the Premiership. We are a laughing stock. A joke. A punchline at a party. We deserve better.

Farke clearly wants it 'both ways'. At the end of the last 38 games, following his logic, he should have been judged and likely dismissed after that truly appalling last NINE games! He preferred to offer up the excuses of 'injuries' and lack of financial clout (also fair enough). This time (so far) neither of those excuses are relevant or valid. After Sunday we will be over a quarter of the way through the season yet the terrifying run in at the end of the 19/20 season seemingly continues apace. 

7 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Farke clearly wants it 'both ways'. At the end of the last 38 games, following his logic, he should have been judged and likely dismissed after that truly appalling last NINE games! He preferred to offer up the excuses of 'injuries' and lack of financial clout (also fair enough). This time (so far) neither of those excuses are relevant or valid. After Sunday we will be over a quarter of the way through the season yet the terrifying run in at the end of the 19/20 season seemingly continues apace. 

You have to admire the mans thick skin for having such a poor PL record and still expecting more time. It seems to be a trait of managers football or otherwise that they carry on regardless even when they are doing a sh1t job, they don't care about opinion because they are power hungry, getting paid well and that's what matters most. They feel above being accountable.

He's a dead man walking, way past last chance saloon. He is only still here because of his championship record and the love in with Delia and Webber. 

What sort of football manager before a match publicly says even if we play our best we will still likely lose. Last time in the PL it was about needing miracles and he is still giving out the wrong message to players and fans. I can't imagine the likes of Bielsa or Thomas Frank being defeatist, why is DF still here? regardless of the result on Sunday I think he should have gone after Watford.

I'm not even looking at points anymore...just looking at goals..we scored 1 goal in the last 10 games in the premier league two seasons ago after the restart and we've scored 2 goals in 9 so far this season (1 from open play)

3 goals in 19 games is reprehensible and I'm afraid displays that Farke isnt able to mould us into any kind of attacking force at this level

No..we cant judge him after 38 games.

The board left it too late with Alex Neil and with Chris Hughton and if unchecked will do exactly the same again

9 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Hang on, are you saying you think Farke should go? Not sure anyone has brought that up…🙄

First ive heard of it.

• Like 1

Farke and Webber can say what they like it is Performances on the pitch that count 

The Fans at Carrow road are no fools they Know and have seen enough football 

Some fans have been going 50 / 60 years plus they do not need telling about supporting the team 

Results continue as the have been last the last 9 games they will find out Exactly what the fans are thinking 

i Believe after the interviews this week a loss against Leeds the crowd will turn 

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not even looking at points anymore...just looking at goals..we scored 1 goal in the last 10 games in the premier league two seasons ago after the restart and we've scored 2 goals in 9 so far this season (1 from open play)

3 goals in 19 games is reprehensible and I'm afraid displays that Farke isnt able to mould us into any kind of attacking force at this level

No..we cant judge him after 38 games.

The board left it too late with Alex Neil and with Chris Hughton and if unchecked will do exactly the same again

Yes it's a joke. I can't see why we haven't brought in someone else. It's an impossible job to save this season now so lets try get some new manager bounce try and get more than 11 points and let the new man get to know his players ahead of next season. 

This week has been all talk and a lot of meaningless talk at that - me included - but the only thing that matters is that the team turns up and puts in a good performance and we pick up either a point or three and we all can start to look at things a bit more optimistically. This week has not been about making decisions - it's about getting the mentality right for Sunday and that applies to fans as well as players and management.

It's like a cup final, win and the season is reborn, draw and it gives everyone another chance, lose and it gets very difficult. A huge amount of pressure for the players and manager, but we may see the depth of character in this squad and see that it is up to the challenge.

I would ask the question, how many people that are going think they will treat the match as if it is a cup final or will they go with a mindset of this is the end of the road for Farke.  The players are clearly going to treat this like a cup final and it's going to be a humdinger of a match, but surely it's time to stop the negativity of this kind of thread and start thinking about Sunday being a huge match for us all and a possible kick start to the season?  Win and we start to redress the balance of what has happened up to now and it sheds a whole new light on the weeks to come. In that way it's not really about Farke any more - it's about whether the club progresses on the pitch - and Sunday is a great opportunity to kick start that process.

OTBC

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This week has been all talk and a lot of meaningless talk at that - me included - but the only thing that matters is that the team turns up and puts in a good performance and we pick up either a point or three and we all can start to look at things a bit more optimistically. This week has not been about making decisions - it's about getting the mentality right for Sunday and that applies to fans as well as players and management.

It's like a cup final, win and the season is reborn, draw and it gives everyone another chance, lose and it gets very difficult. A huge amount of pressure for the players and manager, but we may see the depth of character in this squad and see that it is up to the challenge.

I would ask the question, how many people that are going think they will treat the match as if it is a cup final or will they go with a mindset of this is the end of the road for Farke.  The players are clearly going to treat this like a cup final and it's going to be a humdinger of a match, but surely it's time to stop the negativity of this kind of thread and start thinking about Sunday being a huge match for us all and a possible kick start to the season?  Win and we start to redress the balance of what has happened up to now and it sheds a whole new light on the weeks to come. In that way it's not really about Farke any more - it's about whether the club progresses on the pitch - and Sunday is a great opportunity to kick start that process.

OTBC

You say the players are 'clearly going to treat this like a cup final'....or they may see it as an opportunuty , live on sky sports to demonstate that they have lost faith in the manager and arent playing for him any longer, as Joe Cole identified last week at Chelsea

Amyone recall Worthington's last game in charge and the 1-4 home defeat vs Burnley?

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

First ive heard of it.

It's a novel plan Ricardo(o).....it may just  work you know.... but keep it under wraps for now. Mum's  the word.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You say the players are 'clearly going to treat this like a cup final'....or they may see it as an opportunuty , live on sky sports to demonstate that they have lost faith in the manager and arent playing for him any longer, as Joe Cole identified last week at Chelsea.

If any of our players thinks like that, then they have no place in any Norwich team - and Joe Cole knows nothing, all he saw was one match. Did he watch the previous two matches where the players were so full of passion and fight? 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Hang on, are you saying you think Farke should go? Not sure anyone has brought that up…🙄

No, I read it as the OP saying Farke needed to get more in touch with his feelings. Let it all hang out emotionally.

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

OTBC

Carrow Rd will be packed out as usual, the fans will be as supportive as usual, I think you have this idea in your head that we aren't supporting the team and creating a bad atmosphere which is simply not true. Norwich fans are some of the best in the country but we can't do anything about performances on the pitch. SW suggested in his interview that certain songs aren't helpful, he has resorted to finding any excuse he can to deflect away from him DF and players. The fans or the song's aren't the problem

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Carrow Rd will be packed out as usual, the fans will be as supportive as usual, I think you have this idea in your head that we aren't supporting the team and creating a bad atmosphere which is simply not true. Norwich fans are some of the best in the country but we can't do anything about performances on the pitch. SW suggested in his interview that certain songs aren't helpful, he has resorted to finding any excuse he can to deflect away from him DF and players. The fans or the song's aren't the problem

The fans are part of the solution though!

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The fans are part of the solution though!

We are doing our bit I promise you. 25,000 + sell out every game, masses of yellow and green and the same amazing atmosphere.

If you want us to clap when it's crap you are asking too much 

The problem I’m afraid is that while Daniel Farke may still ‘believe’ it’s clear now that his players don’t. He’s lost the faith and the confidence of the players - anyone watching the Chelsea game could see that the confidence issues are very deep rooted.

If we concede the first goal on Sunday then I can see heads dropping again and the outcome from there is predicable.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If any of our players thinks like that, then they have no place in any Norwich team - and Joe Cole knows nothing, all he saw was one match. Did he watch the previous two matches where the players were so full of passion and fight? 

"You knur nothing, Jur Curle". 

• Haha 1

I actually forgot how much of a lickspittle Farke is with other PL teams and managers. 

He reminds me of Hughton in that manner. Both managers bare their botties to other teams at this level, lay out the red carpet and meekly roll-over long before a ball is even kicked. 

This alone should be reason enough for the old heave-ho. 

9 hours ago, Mullet said:

Yes it's a joke. I can't see why we haven't brought in someone else. It's an impossible job to save this season now so lets try get some new manager bounce try and get more than 11 points and let the new man get to know his players ahead of next season. 

Impossible? 5 points from safety with 29 games to go?

And people talk about the players' heads going down.

8 hours ago, Mullet said:

Spot on

He wouldnt know that though , he just preaches from afar.  

I have no idea why he posts such drivel.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah he's out of touch, he's out of time, and were out of our heads when he's not around..

Underrated comment this one

• Like 1

When I said “out of touch”, I meant delusional. NOW he is saying the players need to show some pride. What about the previous 9 games? NOW they are going to treat each game as a cup final. What about the previous 9 games? 

2 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

When I said “out of touch”, I meant delusional. NOW he is saying the players need to show some pride. What about the previous 9 games? NOW they are going to treat each game as a cup final. What about the previous 9 games? 

But what do you want him to say? We are going to treat the next games the same? I like Farke and if it turns out well for him it turns out well for us.