Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Poland vs England

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Southgate? Attacking?

Pretty sure MY was jesting there Cambo

Comfortable away win.

Shame Placheta's not playing - could have put himself in the sklep window for January. 

• Haha 1

I'm very much in the Poland camp but I'm astonished at people's attitude to Southgate. Do you really think there is anyone better out there? I know the draws have been favourable in the last two big tournaments but surely you couldn't ask more than a semi final and final out of this group of players. And winning 4-0 in that atmosphere in Budapest was very impressive 

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I predict they will boo our national anthem, boo us taking the knee and racist taunts at our non white players.

Whereas England has no problem with racism whatsoever 😂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm very much in the Poland camp but I'm astonished at people's attitude to Southgate. Do you really think there is anyone better out there? I know the draws have been favourable in the last two big tournaments but surely you couldn't ask more than a semi final and final out of this group of players. And winning 4-0 in that atmosphere in Budapest was very impressive 

Everyone knows had we kept Sam Allardyce we would have won the last world cup with this team 😉

11.png

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Aye but the English are equal opportunity  racists , you just have to not be English, colour of skin is irrelevant.👍😉😇

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Of course we have racism. Racism is everywhere, everywhere in the world.

What's more unique here is class. 'classism' has always been a bigger thing than racism here. What kind of a family background you are born into in this country tends to mean a lot more for what your life will be like than what kind of of skin you were born with

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What's more unique here is class. 'classism' has always been a bigger thing than racism here. What kind of a family background you are born into in this country tends to mean a lot more for what your life will be like than what kind of of skin you were born with

This 'Classism' you define works in many directions. 

I know people from well-to-do backgrounds and they struggle to get modest jobs because employers believe they will move onto something 'better' so aren't willing to take them on and invest into them.

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't think we're ever going to win anything with Southgate. Same thing happened in the Euro final as the World Cup semi. Went ahead early and sat back, he really messed up the penalties. 

There are better managers but perhaps not English. 

19 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

This 'Classism' you define works in many directions. 

I know people from well-to-do backgrounds and they struggle to get modest jobs because employers believe they will move onto something 'better' so aren't willing to take them on and invest into them.

I would suggest that what you speak of is a minute percentage. The classes still exist but there are more of them now.

40 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would suggest that what you speak of is a minute percentage. The classes still exist but there are more of them now.

I used to employ for a manufacturing company and it was common place to bring in people who would warrant the 12 month training investment.  There's a huge amount of people who walk in and believe they're above everyone else, explain how they too good to be there, flounder the rules and become a bad taste.

So I can only speak from that experience really.  Point is, being in the higher class brackets is not a golden ticket to success.  In fact, it all just boils down to money.. If you're in that upper bracket and the road exists, your good. 

But then the same is true of lower classes, you are what you are - I know many people who have zero ambition but they're so much happier and have more in their lives than the stress heads in high-end jobs that I know.

I can't even remember what this topic is even about now, or what point I was making. haha. 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

I don't think we're ever going to win anything with Southgate. Same thing happened in the Euro final as the World Cup semi. Went ahead early and sat back, he really messed up the penalties. 

There are better managers but perhaps not English. 

*I don't think we/England are ever going to win anything in our lifetimes

Fixed it for you 😉

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think International football does show that we are significantly further ahead in the fight against racism in comparison to some of these other countries,  however.

Wow - what a dreadful ref, in the first 9 mins gives two goal kicks that should be England corners, an obvious throw the wrong way to them, let’s a nasty Polish foul go unpunished within a minute of booking an England player.  Great. 

International football has no appeal for me anymore  made even worse by an England manager who uses the Hughton tactics handbook