Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

It's S-A-R-G-E-N-T

Minor irritation (yes, I know I am) but there have been so many misspellings of our new player on here since Josh arrived, needs to be put out there - it's not Seargeant, Sergeant, Sargeant, Sergant.............it's -  S A R G E N T

Thanks GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Minor irritation (yes, I know I am) but there have been so many mispellings of our new player on here since Josh arrived, needs to be put out there - it's not Seargeant, Sergeant, Sargeant, Sergant.............it's -  S A R G E N T

Oh the irony 🤣🤣🤣 It’s misspellings 

• Haha 1

Woop, woop, its da grammar police

Woop woop...

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Minor irritation (yes, I know I am) but there have been so many mispellings of our new player on here since Josh arrived, needs to be put out there - it's not Seargeant, Sergeant, Sargeant, Sergant.............it's -  S A R G E N T

Shouldn't you be Lake District canary?

Feels like the time and place to remind people there is no apostrophe in Aarons. Not now, not ever.

McCallum is the one that annoys me. I have no idea why people spell it McCullum which is a far lesser known name and the 'u' isn't even anywhere near the 'a' on a keyboard. No commentators or pundits have ever mistakenly called him McCullum so why does our fanbase keep doing it? So weird. 

I thought it was an endearing aspect of our fanbase that we managed have about 38 spelling variations for most of our players?

Arrons, Airons, Aaron's....

People often use the excuse of dyslexia for their misspelling.

Is it really that hard to Google a name you aren't sure of?

Laziness and disability are not the same thing.

While we are at it

it is MILOT RASHICA (not Raschica, Rachica, Rashisa...etc)

and it is pronounced 'MEE-LOT RASH-EATS-AH'

It isn't difficult, think of it like 'pizza'

If Jack Reeve would stop saying 'Ra-sheeka' that would help as well. FFS.

See also Kenny McLean, one C.

(And yes, I had a bath this morning, for those of a certain vintage).

Just now, Yellow Wal said:

And Aarons is not Aaron's!

That’s an autocorrect thing though, poor proof reading rather than anything else.

Darren Hucklebury....as pronounced by Paul Merson.....Gary Linelicker.....as pronounced by Mick Channon....

Anyone got anymore?.....

People used to always spell Steve Morrison incorrectly too.  Probably because they're so used to Morison supermarket.

(Well, if other people are out fishing, I'll have a go).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Oh the irony 🤣🤣🤣 It’s misspellings 

Misspellings is just a word, Sargent is the name of a person, so a little more important to get that right, but fair play, you got me.

While we're at it can we clear up the pronounciation of Tzolis's name?  I've heard Zoeliss, Tollis, Sollis, Soeliss, Toeliss, Zollis and a few mangled attempts that are not easily written down.  Any clues anyone?

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

While we're at it can we clear up the pronounciation of Tzolis's name?  I've heard Zoeliss, Tollis, Sollis, Soeliss, Toeliss, Zollis and a few mangled attempts that are not easily written down.  Any clues anyone?

I think as his name means Jolly, and Tz in Greek is pronounced like a J, i think it is pronounced Jollis but with a 'shhhh' style J.....so....Sholis, i guess, kinda like how youd pronounce Giuliano in Italian

Always Used to spell Kevin Muscat ****ing ****

Edited by Van wink
Can’t say f.u.c.k.I.n.g. C.u.nt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

I think as his name means Jolly, and Tz in Greek is pronounced like a J, i think it is pronounced Jollis but with a 'shhhh' style J.....so....Sholis, i guess, kinda like how youd pronounce Giuliano in Italian

anyone tell that I have very little understanding of how to classify phonetics?

17 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Also the Club spelt Omobamidele's name OMABAMIDELE on the BIG SCREEN last night.

My lad was trying to explain the pronunciation to his grandad (My father-in-law) late last season, and he sounded out what sounded like "i'm-a-bummer-daily".

His Grandad then pointed at me and said "Well, I know he is" and laughed.  At which point i said "Just call him big Andy", trying to prevent confusing - his Grandad then pouted his lips and said to my boy "Ohhhh.. big Andy was it?".

At that point, you kinda give up!  If we talk football he's just called the 'young irish lad' haha. 🙂

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Jollis according to radio Norfolk last night. Took me longer than it should to realise it wasn't Bournemouth who had scored.