Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

The Guardian think we're going down...

Very fair summary of the club and its recent history. Lighthearted journalism, but objective. 

He reads this forum.😀

"Bizarrely there is still an element of the Norwich fanbase which likes to take shots at Delia Smith, the sort who would rather have money than values."

• Like 4

Many a girlfriend has reminded me that there's much fun to be had in the process of going down. Cheer up!

Any team who finished bottom last time around and have sold their best player will likely be predicted for relegation. They may be wrong but no point getting offended about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Many a girlfriend has reminded me that there's much fun to be had in the process of going down. Cheer up!

Hope you returned the compliment. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hope you returned the compliment. 

Egalitarian in all aspects of my life.

Edited by horsefly

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

In your dreams....A total phallicy.....

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Excellent news, it’s not called the breakfast of champions for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Excellent news, it’s not called the breakfast of champions for nothing. 

Smell of kippers puts me off.....

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/11/premier-league-2021-22-preview-no-15-norwich-city

Let's let them know our thoughts in the comments.

Apparently written by a Norwich fan, but it's full of lazy tropes; overemphasising our last relegation and glossing over our transformation and progress from two years ago.

Let’s not embarrass ourselves by getting overly defensive. I hope we don’t go down and think the attacking signings we are making give us half a chance but unless we can find a way to improve significantly defensively then we probably are favourites for the drop, I’m not yet convinced we have found that way. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Quick rinse and away you go. 

Would that be a purple rinse for the mature lady?.....

City have a much better chance of staying up than last time, not only is the squad stronger but the two other promoted teams just aren't good enough for the PL. Add in the fact that several teams are in re-build mode and you have perhaps six or seven who could face a relegation fight. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I've never heard of that position. Please send details in a private message. Would my back cope with it? 

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've never heard of that position. Please send details in a private message. Would my back cope with it? 

Yes it would, the trick is to make sure everything is evenly distributed.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yes it would, the trick is to make sure everything is evenly distributed.

Get yourself one of these, Edward V11 swore by it. 
image.jpeg.d50c470b80762a3fb9b6a37c9d253ddf.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Get yourself one of these, Edward V11 swore by it. 
image.jpeg.d50c470b80762a3fb9b6a37c9d253ddf.jpeg

Splendid suggestion, most kind of you! I shall send this photo to my bespoke furniture maker forthwith.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

I saw an advert for the start up of MOTD this weekend. All the goals were the " Big Clubs " Absolute To$$ers

How is that a shock? The sky sports opening sequence has Norwich depicted as a tiny canary on Watford’s massive moose’s antlers. It’s a blink and you’ll miss moment. 

No matter how many decent write ups there are in any independent press / fanzines about Norwich, the national media will always pour scorn on us. It’s boring, lazy and tedious but that’s ‘the noise’ for you. 

Until Norwich ‘do a Leicester’ or win a cup we’ll always be ignored or regarded as something humorous owing to our ownership and ‘let’s be ‘avin you’. 

Admittedly things have changed a little since the academy has come into its own recently but on the whole mainstream media couldn’t give a rat’s a$$ about us. 

McNulty on the BBC has us finishing 17th, ahead of Burnley, Brentford and Watford in that order. 

The below the line comments, most of which read like neutrals, are surprisingly positive. Most of those predicting the bottom three don’t pick us, and there’s a lot of appreciation for our business model. 

• Like 2