Winning 25

Placheta and Hernandez

Rashica and Tzolis play similar positions. Are they upgrades on Placheta and Hernandez? Will the new signings be ahead of them in the pecking order? 

7 minutes ago, Winning 25 said:

Rashica and Tzolis play similar positions. Are they upgrades on Placheta and Hernandez? Will the new signings be ahead of them in the pecking order? 

Let’s hope so

• Like 1

Yes. Placheta was a bench warmer last season and may even become a wing back instead. Hernandez did great in the 18/19 season but didn’t cut it in the PL last time, though probably due to having no experience. Last season he didn’t cut it in the Championship despite doing great previously, though was out injured for a long period. To be honest I don’t think we’ll ever see him like he was in the 18/19 season again

26 minutes ago, Winning 25 said:

Rather a pointless post. You already know the answer to your dumb question 

• Like 2

Placheta and Hernandez are lucky we can name 9 subs else there's a chance they wouldn't even make the matchday squad.

• Like 1

Hernandez is still a good backup player and a good option off of the bench and brings something different to our attack but much as I hate having to say it given I do love him and all.. He's not quite cut out for the Prem

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Rather a pointless post. You already know the answer to your dumb question 

Wardy no.3 

Always says it how he sees it! 😆

Yep, this time Webber is planning to slowly downgrade the squad so we are in a good position to get relegated again

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Wardy no.3 

Always says it how he sees it! 😆

No point faffing around 😬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

You wholly make me laugh, buh

At least I make some people laugh. Probably p155 some off too but ah well

1 hour ago, Winning 25 said:

Don't think placheta will be here too much longer. Ok yeah hes young and quick. But he is pretty useless lets be brutally honest.

• Like 1

Doesn't really look like he has a football brain at all, or much passing or shooting ability.  Nice hairdo and shiny legs though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

At least I make some people laugh. Probably p155 some off too but ah well

Nah, this post deserved it. Literally asking if the players we're spending millions of pounds to sign are seen as upgrades.... if the answer is no, why the **** would we be spending millions to sign them? 

Dumb post - deserved the response you gave 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kick it off said:

Nah, this post deserved it. Literally asking if the players we're spending millions of pounds to sign are seen as upgrades.... if the answer is no, why the **** would we be spending millions to sign them? 

Dumb post - deserved the response you gave 👍

We also spend millions to sign Placheta and Hernandez though. You cerebral narcissist. Asking because am interested to see how forum members see their progression at the club. If one holds more value. Think they're fairy similar players and not sure if we will keep both. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Winning 25 said:

We also spend millions to sign Placheta and Hernandez though. You cerebral narcissist. Asking because am interested to see how forum members see their progression at the club. If one holds more value. Think they're fairy similar players and not sure if we will keep both. 

Placheta - 2million last year and was pretty crap last season.

Hernandez - 2 million 3.5 years ago and has barely played for the last 2 years of that.

Rashica and Tzolis - approx 10mill each, this summer.

Are they upgrades? Yes, probably, if Webber didn't think they were significantly better players he wouldn't **** 20mill on them.

Are they ahead of Hernandez and Placheta in the pecking order? Yes. ****ing obviously. Even I'm ahead of placheta in farke's thinking at this point. If you think we're spending 20 million on players who are LOWER in the pecking order than Hernandez and Placheta, who are squad players at best, then I dont know what to tell you.

Both the questions posed in the OP were ****ing dumb. Sorry if that upsets you.

Edited by kick it off

Haha calm down ladies. I would imagine the topic was raised as a conversation starter rather than asking of the two new boys are superior to onel / pp. For what it's worth, I reckon send pp out on loan to champs. When / if we go back down we'd probably not be able to hold on to both the new signings (if they are a success) and so pp would come back in. Onel, who knows? Love that we have a Cuban and on his day can be a handful but would only be a bench warmer and not a lot of point in loaning out.but yeah ..stupid post. Is it school holidays??

14 hours ago, Winning 25 said:

You cerebral narcissist.

On a forum with so many insults to chose from, this is the best one.

I for one really hope Onel stays - it's quite sad seeing all the stalwarts of 18-19 going, feels a little like the 'soul' of the club takes a  knock when so many new signings come in in one window, as necessary as it clearly is.

Hernadez is an unpredictable player. To say that he is "not cut out for the PL" ignores the fact that he can have his moments in any situation, whatever the level. We should have learned that by now.

It also denies the fact that he did rather well (and better than most) towards the end of our last PL season.

Placheta has promise. He works very hard, can be effective, but needs to be more so.

A Polish international at a young age he will go places ... some, it seems, do not see Carrow Road as that place.

I've no particular qualms. 

He is capable of surprising (remember when TC emerged from his pupa state into a fully fledged and splendid and colourful butterfly?)

Ugh! I've just made myself sick. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3

I still think some are mistakenly sleeping on Placheta. Fact is, he's doing OK for his national team so can't be playing at that bad a level - and let's face it, deep-lying and packed defences like we faced pretty much all of last season are something extreme speedsters like him are not going to do well against.

Can definitely see him causing some real trouble off the bench this season when other teams try to push on against us.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I still think some are mistakenly sleeping on Placheta. Fact is, he's doing OK for his national team so can't be playing at that bad a level - and let's face it, deep-lying and packed defences like we faced pretty much all of last season are something extreme speedsters like him are not going to do well against.

Can definitely see him causing some real trouble off the bench this season when other teams try to push on against us.

I think 'doing ok' for his national team might be questionable. He has played for Poland 5 times, 3 of those off the bench. In his last performance he was blamed for not tracking back and allowing Sweden to score the winning goal in the 3-2 defeat in the Euros. 

He may still make it for Norwich, but there has been little evidence so far - whether that is player or system based is hard to tell, but it isn't like other quick players do absolutely nothing against deep defences.

He needs a loan at least, but it may just be time for Norwich to cut their losses with him. It was always a gamble of a signing.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm Polish and watch every national team game. He's had one good 20 min sub performance for poland, and all the others have been pretty similar to his norwich performances - totally anonymous. You're welcome to your opinion, but trying to use his limited and largely poor national team performances to support that is odd to say the least. Have you actually watched him for poland?

Edited by kick it off

14 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I'm Polish and watch every national team game. He's had one good 20 min sub performance for poland, and all the others have been pretty similar to his norwich performances - totally anonymous. You're welcome to your opinion, but trying to use his largely poor national team performances to support that is odd to say the least. Have you actually watched him for poland?

With respect I think you're missing the point slightly. Surely the fact that the people who pick the Polish national team see enough to pick him (even as a sub here and there) implies that there's a decent player in there trying to get out. There were plenty at the time who were perfectly prepared to get rid of Iwan Roberts on the back of a poor first season for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

With respect I think you're missing the point slightly. Surely the fact that the people who pick the Polish national team see enough to pick him (even as a sub here and there) implies that there's a decent player in there trying to get out. There were plenty at the time who were perfectly prepared to get rid of Iwan Roberts on the back of a poor first season for us. 

Exactly this. Considering Placheta only made one appearance at the Euros and was on the right-hand side against Sweden, at best we're catching snippets of friendlies. He keeps getting back in Poland's squad though - if he was really that hapless, you'd think they'd have said "no" soon enough.

They're not in the class of those teams of '74 and '78, but Poland can usually turn a decent team out.

I doubt we will see much of either of them this season, barring any injury problems.

Placheta may become the back up to Giannoulis if we go with a 3 regularly, and that's a role I think could suit him but bringing him up to PL level quickly will be a challenge. I always thought he looked uncomfortable last season when asked to drift inside and combine quickly with others like Todd and Emi would. When he is out on the left and his game is simplified down to maintaining the width, taking his man on and getting the ball into the box he looks much better for me.

Hernandez is an even trickier problem, excellent in our previous promotion season, then never really got a proper chance last time out in the prem. I remember him having some good performances but Farke didn't seem to want to start him regularly (plus Todd's form was superb). Then last season I thought he looked pretty rubbish every time he played, I know injuries may have disrupted it, but it felt like a really good opportunity to assert himself again. I found it telling that it was often Placheta coming on late in games instead of him. 

Hernandez hasn’t learnt a lot since being here. He’s still pretty raw and he really shouldn’t be at this age with this amount of coaching. I know he is generally heralded by fans but it’s true.

little variety in his play. Drift inside, not looking for a pass but always looking for a shot that is usually straight at the keeper. Placheta is also raw and unpredictable but is young enough for that to be acceptable. 

neither will get many starts if any at this level.

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

Hernandez hasn’t learnt a lot since being here. He’s still pretty raw and he really shouldn’t be at this age with this amount of coaching. I know he is generally heralded by fans but it’s true.

You can't train match experience though can you.  He's so eager every time he comes on the field that his rawness is evident, but if he had a good run in the team he'd find his position and exploit that explosiveness I think.

Whereas Placheta doesn't seem to know what or who he is.  And he has had a decent run of games to at least find an identity I feel. 

Clearly a talented player, but football IQ is hovering around naïve primary school age.   Makes you question the coaching, or more specifically what we see as his primary assets.

If I were in charge, PP would be primed ready to tear down that wing and I'd be asking my creative players to hit that ball way in front of him to run on.

But that doesn't appear to be the instruction when he comes on... So where does it fall down? Or if I have completely mis-read what his core ability is? 😕

Edited by Google Bot

My only qualm about the Platcheta argument is that the club is generally not afraid of jettisoning players that they believe have no future. Farke hasn't done anything to suggest that yet, in fact, the continued involvement of PP in the friendlies does imply he has some space for him.

Sure this may change with two new signings, but I think there is or (at least was until very recently) a plan for Placheta that perhaps we are missing. 

Maybe it is the previously mentioned conversion to a wing back, as an option out wide in a back 5, but that then goes into the whole speculation about whether the club are seriously considering playing with 3 players at centre back fairly regularly. You wouldn't keep a player exclusively for a position you would only need once in a blue moon. 

With Onel, he is an impact sub of limited ability. If Rashica proves to be effective as a strong direct, premier League winger who cuts inside and runs hard at defences, then I could see OH having fun against already cautious and tired defences. 

I suppose this week, we will see where the future lies.