TIL 1010

Please Sort It Out Yet Again Peter The Deleter Part 4.

32 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

SOS SOS SOS

this is way beyond a joke now 

Swallow our sausages? More BK8 references? 

Surely if everyone agreed to move over to one of the other forums…

I know I’m not exactly a massive contributor to this forum but have lurked and dipped in and out for nearly a decade and am seriously contemplating moving on. 

57 minutes ago, Vazzza said:

I know I’m not exactly a massive contributor to this forum but have lurked and dipped in and out for nearly a decade and am seriously contemplating moving on. 

Just had a look at not 606, quite a few ads on there, vital Norwich doesn’t seem too bad. Down to individual  choice obviously 

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/

16 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Didn't even know it existed.

Looks ok.

Very civil.

Bookmarked.

Thanks.

See ya! 😊 

56 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

According to some lurking isn’t allowed on here 😜

Hilariously hypocritical! 

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

What's gone wrong .............. it's working!

No it’s not...........Yes it is...........No it’s not...........Yes it is.  etc etc etc

36 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"See ya?"

How typically crass.

I'm sure when you use the quote feature that you dont need to add quotation marks. Quite ironic really. 

Let me know if you need a reference for the new forum. 

Good to see chief lurker liked your post - can you take him with you. 

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'm sure when you use the quote feature that you dont need to add quotation marks. Quite ironic really. 

Let me know if you need a reference for the new forum. 

Good to see chief lurker liked your post - can you take him with you. 

Have another look Dumbo.

(Clue = ?) 

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Have another look Dumbo.

(Clue = ?) 

You still don't need the quotes, doofus. 

Edited by Greavsy

On 27/07/2021 at 15:20, Vazzza said:

If half a dozen move over to NorwichTalk it will double the numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If half a dozen move over to NorwichTalk it will double the numbers. 

Extrapoints if anyone sets up a userid there as "C0ckwomble"! 

This is still a great place to discuss NCFC stuff.  Very little real abuse, just the usual spats and arguments which are sometimes irritating, sometimes entertaining too - and a forum that has people in it from all over the world.

So it is still the main forum and better and more inclusive than the rest. With Facebook and twitter, it is difficult to sift through the rubbish to find something sensible, WOTB is not a great format to use imo, NorwichTalk could have been good, but stifles emotion and argument too much. 

Difficult to get the right balance for any forum, but this one has a real community spirit at it's heart, which compliments the community aspect of the club.  A good place to talk about the club, make new friends and as we have seen with dear old Lapps, comes together in adversity and shows what a real community is all about.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is still a great place to discuss NCFC stuff.  Very little real abuse, just the usual spats and arguments which are sometimes irritating, sometimes entertaining too - and a forum that has people in it from all over the world.

So it is still the main forum and better and more inclusive than the rest. With Facebook and twitter, it is difficult to sift through the rubbish to find something sensible, WOTB is not a great format to use imo, NorwichTalk could have been good, but stifles emotion and argument too much. 

Difficult to get the right balance for any forum, but this one has a real community spirit at it's heart, which compliments the community aspect of the club.  A good place to talk about the club, make new friends and as we have seen with dear old Lapps, comes together in adversity and shows what a real community is all about.  

Absolutely, well said LDC. 

All forums have their characters, good and bad, but we all have one common interest, our club. 

The comments for Lapps are just a small example of the togetherness this board brings, and long may that continue. No need to go anywhere else for your fix,  the fact that so many people have been impacted by the forums issues recently shows how many visit here, and miss being able to post when they wish.   

Hopefully the dudes at Archant will see how valuable this forum is, not just the clicks / adverts and do the necessary to improve its stability moving forward. 

• Like 1

I'm not normally one to moan about a free to use forum, but how hard is it to sort this out???? 

• Like 1

I don't believe any explanation or solution was offered last time it went down? It'd certainly be appreciated if Archant could at least tell us whether or not they intend to fix it. If they have no intention of fixing it, we may have to find a new forum. 

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't believe any explanation or solution was offered last time it went down? It'd certainly be appreciated if Archant could at least tell us whether or not they intend to fix it. If they have no intention of fixing it, we may have to find a new forum. 

I'm assuming with so much traffic on here they need new software which costs money, doubt a messageboard is a priority for them with the pressures they are under, plus Pete looks after this in his spare time & is reliant on his tech guys.  

1 minute ago, Diane said:

I'm assuming with so much traffic on here they need new software which costs money, doubt a messageboard is a priority for them with the pressures they are under, plus Pete looks after this in his spare time & is reliant on his tech guys.  

Seems it needs to have someone in the office who keeps it maintained every day, then it gets to the weekend and that person isn't in the office to do it.  It's getting very frustrating now as weekends is when we need it most!  Needs sorting.

1 minute ago, Diane said:

I would have thought this forum generates more clicks (and thus more ad revenue) than the majority of Archant's sites. If I were them I'd be looking to consolidate any existing sources of revenue rather than letting them suffer.

Given the parlous state of Archant after its takeover by a private equity firm, it'd probably be worth considering a contingency plan in case this community does one day disappear overnight.

Archant has built and invested in this community for nearly 20 years, so I think we could at least expect a bit of honesty about where we're at. It'd be awful if the plug got pulled without us having any chance to come up with a contingency.