Sign in to follow this  

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hmm, wonder what the sauce on this one is

Some random guy on Twitter by the looks of things 😂

• Like 1

Interestingly he's played with Stuttgart and Hoffenheim. As has Lukas Rupp. Looks like they were together at Hoffenheim for four years.

Might be something in this...

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hmm, wonder what the sauce on this one is

Probably the best lager in the world.🍺

People writing off signings due to age is wrong. We will clearly need experienced players with a mix of younger players in order to survive this season. Albeit, this has come from a turkish journalist who reports mainly Italian Seria A rumours, so im not sure how reliable he would be for solid information. I just wonder whether Norwich are looking at some (1 or 2) signings who featured in the Euros which has prompted the pinkun to do their articles on prospective targets Norwich could look at signing? I wonder whether they are sitting on some information they are yet to disclose...

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I expect Paddy to tell us that this is wide of the mark at some point today.

Most likely. They do seem to be on the ball with players we have identified and ones which are just media talk. I think we can all say Billing & Ajer look like the priority signings currently.

It would seem Cantwell is being looked at by Spurs scouts now as well. Im sure people have identified him as a potential due to his current contract expiring in the not so distant future.

Edited by jaberry2

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Most likely. They do seem to be on the ball with players we have identified and ones which are just media talk. I think we can all day Billing & Ajer look like the priority signings currently.

It would seem Cantwell is being looked at by Spurs scouts now as well. Im sure people have identified him as a potential due to his current contract expiring in the not so distant future.

Oh good. That should resurrect the Skipp coming here as part of the deal nonsense.

Zuber has been class this tournament but his last few seasons leaves a lot to be desired. Strikes me as one of them "tournament trap" signings like when Dennis Rommedahl went to Charlton or Thomas Brolin to Leeds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Zuber has been class this tournament but his last few seasons leaves a lot to be desired. Strikes me as one of them "tournament trap" signings like when Dennis Rommedahl went to Charlton or Thomas Brolin to Leeds

Or Thomas Helveg 😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Tomas Brolin! absolutely shocking return for £4.5m - 4 goals... 

I also remember after Euro 96, a bunch of english clubs bought players based on their tournament performance - Nikola Jerkan springs to mind.. 

Not to mention the bizarre Robert Jarni "transfer"..

9 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Brolin wasn't that kind of mistaken tournament signing. He had a standout World Cup in 1994 but later had a bad injury, I think to his ankle, and was never the same player again, so Parma wanted to get rid of him. And Leeds decided to buy him...

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Or Thomas Helveg 😁

Lost us the Man City game featuring Delia’s infamous half time pep talk, by getting himself sent off. Shame as Delia’s peptalk did actually do the trick up until that point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Brolin wasn't that kind of mistaken tournament signing. He had a standout World Cup in 1994 but later had a bad injury, I think to his ankle, and was never the same player again, so Parma wanted to get rid of him. And Leeds decided to buy him...

fair enough... lazy comparison... take Maxi Rodriguez for your sins instead 😉

15 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Lost us the Man City game featuring Delia’s infamous half time pep talk, by getting himself sent off. Shame as Delia’s peptalk did actually do the trick up until that point.

that's the annoying thing about that... we were 2 nil down and actually nearly got it back!

Edit: oops 😆 I knew I was annoyed about the order of goals for some reason... just wrong way around!

Edited by Tetteys Jig
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

that's the annoying thing about that... we were 2 nil down and actually nearly got it back!

14 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Think you'll find that was Mattias Jonson that got sent off against Man City that game 

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

we were 2-0 up in that game but don't let facts get in the way lol. 

24 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

we were 2-0 up in that game but don't let facts get in the way lol. 

I was about to say there seems to be some foggy memories on here!

2-0 up, a brilliant goal from Ashton and one from McKenzie I think? Then we lost it and conceded twice before half time, killing the atmosphere and causing Delia to come out to try and get us going again. I seem to remember it was Robbie Fowler who grabbed the winner?

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I was about to say there seems to be some foggy memories on here!

2-0 up, a brilliant goal from Ashton and one from McKenzie I think? Then we lost it and conceded twice before half time, killing the atmosphere and causing Delia to come out to try and get us going again. I seem to remember it was Robbie Fowler who grabbed the winner?

Blame the fuzzy heads from last night!

That lob from Ashton was superb wasn't it! Sibierski scored the first one for Man City of all people Yer Robbie Fowler scored a brace, that season had some drama didn't it! 

Edited by lincsy88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Blame the fuzzy heads from last night!

That lob from Ashton was superb wasn't it! Sibierski scored the first one for Man City of all people Yer Robbie Fowler scored a brace, that season had some drama didn't it! 

I remember we had a habit of playing well and conceding soft goals which is what happened in that game. I always remember when Kluivert scored what looked like a late equaliser v Newcastle (the game with Safri's screamer) which felt like it summed up our season, until we went up the other end and grabbed a last minute winner.

It was a fun season with the worst ending in Norwich history. I still remember leaving one of the last games on the final whistle to go catch a train, walking along the Riverside and hearing a huge roar from those still in the stadium as it was announced two of our relegation rivals had played out a draw meaning we had control of our own destiny. 

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

I remember we had a habit of playing well and conceding soft goals which is what happened in that game. I always remember when Kluivert scored what looked like a late equaliser v Newcastle (the game with Safri's screamer) which felt like it summed up our season, until we went up the other end and grabbed a last minute winner.

It was a fun season with the worst ending in Norwich history. I still remember leaving one of the last games on the final whistle to go catch a train, walking along the Riverside and hearing a huge roar from those still in the stadium as it was announced two of our relegation rivals had played out a draw meaning we had control of our own destiny. 

I was about 16 so it was my first real season of premier league football that I full appreciated and was just incredible. The 4-4 against Boro will never be forgotten, I remember we beat I think it was Charlton 1-0 right towards the end of the season Mathiaus Svenson scored and it really looked like we might do it only for that sunny day at Fulham. Still remember to this day watching that game in Lloyds down riverside, the 3-2 win over West Brom stands out from that season as well for the banter with Kieran Richardson and a late winner, just great. Soft underbelly like you say, should never have let Malky go for me. 

5 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

I was about 16 so it was my first real season of premier league football that I full appreciated and was just incredible. The 4-4 against Boro will never be forgotten, I remember we beat I think it was Charlton 1-0 right towards the end of the season Mathiaus Svenson scored and it really looked like we might do it only for that sunny day at Fulham. Still remember to this day watching that game in Lloyds down riverside, the 3-2 win over West Brom stands out from that season as well for the banter with Kieran Richardson and a late winner, just great. Soft underbelly like you say, should never have let Malky go for me. 

We must be basically the same age (I'm assuming your username means you were born in 1988?). 

The win against Man U felt incredible, it was my first time seeing us beat a massive team like that. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

We must be basically the same age (I'm assuming your username means you were born in 1988?). 

The win against Man U felt incredible, it was my first time seeing us beat a massive team like that. 

Indeed it does mate, 33 on the 21st of this month. 

I broke my leg that year and it was my first game back in my seat in the Barclay having done the previous few in the disabled section, what an evening and what an atmosphere, to beat that Fergie team with Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Scholes etc. special. 

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

That was the first home game I'd missed in years!

I was in South California to be fair, but still. I called home from a payphone on a street in San Diego and scared some passers-by with my reaction when I was told we'd won 2-0.