Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

England v Scotland

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Watching the Croatia game right now and a draw will suit Scotland.

It will be a closer game then people think as England are not free scoring of late and Scotland will be up for it.

I'd rather Czech Republic win due to it being head to head record when teams are equal on points. 

4 changes for Scotland. Oh Dykes is starting again. Billy Gilmore I and Thierney.

Edited by KiwiScot

5 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I'd rather Czech Republic win due to it being head to head record when teams are equal on points. 

4 changes for Oh. Dykes is starting again. Billy Gilmore I and Thierney.

Gotcha. 

Both teams need their tournament heads. It will be close, possibly a draw.

Scottish people regularly type online in their accents e.g. “disnae” etc

they type…. In their accents….

I, for one, cannot stand that level of stupidity. I hope we smash the barbarians.

5 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿........

This 😁😁

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I, for one, cannot stand that level of stupidity. I hope we smash the barbarians.

Ay aboot that part of r auld culture, hope the weens learn

Seriously I see people type like this and it really is bizzare

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Bawbag......

• Haha 2

I cannot believe the pundit reaction.

scotland looking good etc, I fancy them tonight etc.

They were shoite against the Czechs. Man for man we are better and ought to wipe them off the pitch. That may not happen but the only reason we will not win tonight is if we are carp.

Can see this being a game with two teams on the back foot a bit. Scotland can't afford to lose, but realistically a draw is enough for England as well.

In fact, I think it could be one of those that ends up a dull 0-0.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I cannot believe the pundit reaction.

scotland looking good etc, I fancy them tonight etc.

They were shoite against the Czechs. Man for man we are better and ought to wipe them off the pitch. That may not happen but the only reason we will not win tonight is if we are carp.

Man for Man England are far better ,

i enjoy watching the  Wales Team Excellent Teamwork 

Take Bale and Ramsey out how many of those would get in the Norwich team let alone England team

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can see this being a game with two teams on the back foot a bit. Scotland can't afford to lose, but realistically a draw is enough for England as well.

In fact, I think it could be one of those that ends up a dull 0-0.

i have been told Scotland are going to go out attacking from the off 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

What they say, what they intend to do, and what actually happens aren't always the same thing. Gilmour in the middle tells me they're going to have a go with some raking balls out of deep.

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

They have already said they are 'planning to be aggresive and go for tackles' so uh

Just waiting for it to get spicy, how long we thinking it's gonna take for a scuffle to break out?

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Man for Man England are far better ,

i enjoy watching the  Wales Team Excellent Teamwork 

Take Bale and Ramsey out how many of those would get in the Norwich team let alone England team

Exactly. I am fed up with pundits telling me how good Championship players and EPL reserves are.

oh Billy Gilmour is brulllllliant. He is a Chelsea reserve!

If scaredy cat Southgate cannot convince England to play at their best then he shouldn't be in the job.

Stop worrying about a bottom of the table EPL team and them hoofing the ball. Just play your football with attacking in mind.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They have already said they are 'planning to be aggresive and go for tackles' so uh

Just waiting for it to get spicy, how long we thinking it's gonna take for a scuffle to break out?

i think that is the only chance i would put a Mcburnie on Stones to rough him up or Mings as he loves a scrap so might get sent off 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Exactly. I am fed up with pundits telling me how good Championship players and EPL reserves are.

oh Billy Gilmour is brulllllliant. He is a Chelsea reserve!

If scaredy cat Southgate cannot convince England to play at their best then he shouldn't be in the job.

Stop worrying about a bottom of the table EPL team and them hoofing the ball. Just play your football with attacking in mind.

Exactly if the England players all played their Natural Game they would win easy but Negative southgate Resticts them from Flair side of the Game 

Scotland will win this off a PK dykes. 1-0. Lots of rough yellows that play in favor of the bigger and stronger scotsmen. 😉

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Foden AND Mount with Sterling too is all out attack, nevermind shaw and James being more wingbacks.

Shame we have gone for defensive midfielders again or i might have got excited that we were going for all out attack 

To be fair to Southgate, we dont play with two DMs actually playing as DMs. One will always look to push forward with just one sitting deep to cover the defence. Philips will have the freedom to push on with Rice sitting behind him (helping the hapless Mings).

Ive been critical of Southgates setup, especially when I see Italy of this tournament, Belgium of last, who I don’t think are ahead of us in terms of talent, passing quicker and generally being more adventurous when in possession. But his approach is pragmatic and does allow our creative talent the space and time to…well, create. Is not all defend as some would like to believe.

Vs Croatia was decent and job done but hopefully we’ll grow into the tournament and really focus on our strengths, because we’ve got some of the best attacking talent in the world.

3 minutes ago, Haus said:

Booing anthems is a bit of a bad look 

Booing the taking of the knee is worse

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Booing the taking of the knee is worse

Agree