Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

England v Scotland

When in possession, it looks like the main tactic is to stand around and watch the player on the ball.

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can see this being a game with two teams on the back foot a bit. Scotland can't afford to lose, but realistically a draw is enough for England as well.

In fact, I think it could be one of those that ends up a dull 0-0.

Keeping my fingers crossed....

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hanley MOTM

Quite possibly, and England must be grateful that they're not facing Kenny as well.

Gutted for him, he'd have had a great time playing against this shower.

2 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

When in possession, it looks like the main tactic is to stand around and watch the player on the ball.

Or if you're Kalvin Philips, pass it backwards as soon as you get it. He was so dynamic v Croatia but has been a crap tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

It continues to amaze me at just how much English international talent has been waisted over the last three decades.

Or probably chronically overrated as ever.

• Like 1

Also Jack Grealish, who everyone was talking about as if he was ****ing Leo Messi all game, came on and did jack ****.

• Like 2

Fantastic performance Scotland. Bit of better final touches and we'd have won. 2 points dropped. England as per usual. Congrats on the 4 points

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Also Jack Grealish, who everyone was talking about as if he was ****ing Leo Messi all game, came on and did jack ****.

Clever of Southgate to make sure he got on the pitch so that criticism couldn’t be levelled at him. Taking off one of Phillips or Rice would have been more impactful. 

Absolutely awful from England. Like, “the hotel breakfast gave all the players the 54its” bad. 

woeful. Czechs will run us over if they play like that again. No passion at all.

Please tell me what Declan Rice does?

Southgate fits the FA nice chap role. But he is clueless and wasting so much forward talent.

Scotland played 5/6 at the back and created as many chances as us.

• Like 2

Dreadful quality game really. Final ball and finishing poor from both teams.

Sterling woeful, has ro be dropped.

Scotland survive another game which they deserve.

Just now, WD40 said:

Clever of Southgate to make sure he got on the pitch so that criticism couldn’t be levelled at him. Taking off one of Phillips or Rice would have been more impactful. 

I dont think Grealish deserves criticism but christ the pundit/media obsession with him both before and during the game was nauseating. Based on that if you didn't know anything about him you'd think he was some generational talent with a track record at this level, rather than a good but not great midfielder with no goals at international level.

• Like 4

Just now, king canary said:

I dont think Grealish deserves criticism but christ the pundit/media obsession with him both before and during the game was nauseating. Based on that if you didn't know anything about him you'd think he was some generational talent with a track record at this level, rather than a good but not great midfielder with no goals at international level.

No I mean Southgate would get crucified if the game finishes goalless and Grealish didn’t get on. But Southgate probably knows that Grealish couldn’t influence the game enough to turn it to a win. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Cantwell would have done more than Grealish did tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Southgate is a boring and very limited manager. Imagine how Farke would have this talent playing after 12 months in the job. 

Not sure that's true, fantastic manager though Farke is, or fantastic coach I should really say, and he is fantastic but he (& Webber) have the advantage of being to recruit the players he wants from all over whereas Southgate has only got the seriously overhyped and entitled English 'stars' of the Premier League to choose from.

I know which job I'd rather have.

• Like 1

Arguably 2 points dropped by Scotland as England were there for the taking.

Better teams will punish England where Scotland couldn't.

England played 6 defensive players and 4 attacking players  wtf? We didnt even play a balanced team. Southgate needs to go.