The Real Buh

I’m suddenly proud to be Finnish

Lots of unknowns everyone need to remain optimistic but what’s happened is horrendous. The photo gives me hope though.

• Like 1

Just now, Herman said:

Looks like better news. That photo is genuine.👍

Indeed, having trained first responders attending so quickly contributed to this outcome, he will be surrounded by some of the best medical people and equipment available. I am relieved for him and his family. That really was extraordinary. 

• Like 2

Other thread appears to have been removed. Pleased to see images on Talksport suggesting he is conscious. Wonderful if this is now confirmed

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good to see him apparently conscious.  awful to see something like that any time, let alone on a football pitch, was it really necessary that the BBC had to show it all?

No. It was absolutely disgusting from the BBC.

Even had the audacity to get a shot of his distraught wife.

• Like 1

Looks as if the protocols have worked. Amazing job by all the medical professionals at the ground 👍 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good to see him apparently conscious.  awful to see something like that any time, let alone on a football pitch, was it really necessary that the BBC had to show it all?

There will need to be a discussion at some level of the proper behaviour of cameramen. Why did they feel the need to zoom in on his face on the ground or zoom in on his wife? 

Not BBC responsibility I know, although they could have cut the feed sooner.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

That was so rough they’ve gone well overboard and will be rightly slated for it

In the first instance no one knew. The media did nothing wrong IMHO. 

The Danish players surrounding him deserve every credit and Schmeichel is an incredible person. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agree. I had turned it off. It as wrong to watch but much, much worse to broadcast.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In fairness to BBC, what is shown is beyond their control.

Whether it is shown, however, is and they should have cut the feed as soon as they realised what was going on. 

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

In the first instance no one knew. The media did nothing wrong IMHO. 

The Danish players surrounding him deserve every credit and Schmeichel is an incredible person. 

In the first instance, I agree. However, after a few minutes, it was obvious what was happening and they should have stopped broadcasting it there.

To be fair no one knew what was going on. I don't think you can really blame the media on this occasion.

This isn't the time to start blaming anyone or a witch hunt on BBC, or camera men. Lets just be gracious he's alive

He's awake and awaiting further tests. Let's just hope there's no relapse.

image.thumb.png.917dffafb20ba868228696e2dbec7eee.png

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Difficult to know how serious things are/when to show and when to cut - presumably the bbc was using the official feed so it’s not the BBC to blame

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I can kind of understand holding onto the scene of the players surrounding him when you couldn't see him behind the flags and players. But that shot of his wife grieving was absolutely despicable. There was no need for it at all, what the hell were they playing at there? That went into absolute scum territory and it needs a full investigation 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

To be fair no one knew what was going on. I don't think you can really blame the media on this occasion.

This isn't the time to start blaming anyone or a witch hunt on BBC, or camera men. Lets just be gracious he's alive

5 minutes in and they film the distraught wife. At that point there really is NO excuse.

Even the earlier bits, it was clear from me on my sofa it was serious after 30 seconds.

Very difficult circumstances for the BBC to get right and easy in hindsight to criticise - I'm sure they meant no disrespect. Just be thankful he's been stabilised. That was really upsetting to see.

• Like 1

I think the question for the BBC was how long they continued to carry the feed. The Danish Broadcaster DR would have been televising the game so they controlled the pictures. Once it was clear how serious it was then they should have gone to the studio which from memory had about 5 mins discussion before changing schedule.

• Like 1

Once the Denmark players surrounded him and CPR starts that’s it, cut the feed, there’s no doubt what’s going on at that point.