The Real Buh

I’m suddenly proud to be Finnish

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

In fairness to BBC, what is shown is beyond their control.

Whether it is shown, however, is and they should have cut the feed as soon as they realised what was going on. 

Yeah sorry, not totally fair on that front but like you say, it was clearly serious after 30 seconds and even after a couple minutes could have easily cut to studio.

Its the fact that the cameramen, and the media in general, still felt the need to film the distraught wife when it was abundantly clear.

That is very encouraging and positive news on Christian's condition....Personally I'd have thought the broadcaster would have put up a blank screen, or with a message that due to an emergency medical situation we are not broadcasting the event or at least immediately returned to the studio.....In this day and age, there must be protocols in place for these live events? 

I just turned over to another channel when the seriousness of the situation was apparent.....

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah sorry, not totally fair on that front but like you say, it was clearly serious after 30 seconds and even after a couple minutes could have easily cut to studio.

Its the fact that the cameramen, and the media in general, still felt the need to film the distraught wife when it was abundantly clear.

Totally agree.

Not sure the BBC can be slated for what was shown, but they should have cut to the studio quicker. 

However, it did show what a brilliant response Kasper Schmeichel especially had to the situation, especially with Christians partner. 

• Like 1

Apparently the fans are still there, with the Finnish fans chanting "Christian" and Danish fans responding "Eriksson". 

• Like 1

It's a shame that fans on this board, who should be eternally grateful of the incredibly positive news now coming through, still have to start ranting about who was wrong in this situation, and who should be blamed.

Unbelievable!!!!!  Can't we all just be grateful for once

Everybody reading this I can’t stress enough LEARN HOW TO DO CPR

I learned how to after a situation with somebody having a heart attack and me feeling helpless, literally didn’t know what to do. I did first aid at work training and it was a really enlightening experience.

defibs are everywhere and the more people that know what to do the better even a little bit of knowledge is a great thing to have.

• Like 3

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I learned how to after a situation with somebody having a heart attack and me feeling helpless, literally didn’t know what to do. I did first aid at work training and it was a really enlightening experience.

defibs are everywhere and the more people that know what to do the better even a little bit of knowledge is a great thing to have.

Agreed.

• Like 3

Difficult one as I guess they thought it was ok as it was still being filmed. Not great by UEFA as they should have pulled the broadcast as soon as it was clear of the severity of it. If you criticise the Beeb then you to criticise UEFA as well.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

It's a shame that fans on this board, who should be eternally grateful of the incredibly positive news now coming through, still have to start ranting about who was wrong in this situation, and who should be blamed.

Don't be so ****ing stupid.

Everyone on here is absolutely delighted and grateful for any positive news about Eriksen.

It doesn't mean a fault with the media should go completely ignored, which could have had damaging effects on the players family etc.

They're not mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Absolutely- many employers will also pay for first aid courses, it’s clearly of benefit to them if their staff knows what to do if the worst happens 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

We all are. I just think if I was Eriksens wife i would not have appreciated those pictures of me being in such distress being broadcast around the world when there was absolutely no need for it

Kaspar Schmeichel is really one top geezer.....He was also one of those first on the scene of that terrible and tragic helicopter crash at the King Power Stadium.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Kaspar Schmeichel is really one top geezer.....He was also one of those first on the scene of that terrible and tragic helicopter crash at the King Power Stadium.....

Geez, poor guy. To have to go through one of those events is tough, but two?

She's also now going to get pestered and harassed by every news outlet in the world asking for her reaction or how did she feel or what she thinks about footballers having such a tough scheduled blah blah etc at such a tough time when she's obviously more concerned about his health

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

She's also now going to get pestered and harassed by every news outlet in the world asking for her reaction or how did she feel or what she thinks about footballers having such a tough scheduled blah blah etc at such a tough time when she's obviously more concerned about his health

I'm sure she'll be well protected by Denmark staff. Horrifying to see she was at the edge of the pitch and probably knew no more than we did watching it at home. Thankful he seems to be conscious, just hope there's no major lasting damage

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think all the players should take huge credit, especially Kaspar.

They take a lot of stick for being overpaid and underworked but they were all visibly distraught and the ring around Eriksen was very moving.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No. It was absolutely disgusting from the BBC.

Even had the audacity to get a shot of his distraught wife.

Absolutely not disgusting from the BBC at all. They were televising this game and were probably as shocked as the rest of us at ehat was unfolding before their eyes. This then moved from being coverage of a football match to being breaking news. Do you really think any broadcaster in similar circumstances would act differently?

The players of both sides have now saud they are comfortable with restarting the game shortly. I guess in your ‘outraged wokie of Norwich’ view they too are disgusting for doing so including our own Teemu Pukki.

They're going to play the rest of the match tonight at the request of the players. Fitting if the players themselves said so. Probably also means they're aware that Eriksen's out of the woods.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Probably also means they're aware that Eriksen's out of the woods.

I'm sure they are GS, and I for one support what they are doing, had they not wanted to carry on, I would have also supported them.

• Like 1

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

I'm sure they are GS, and I for one support what they are doing, had they not wanted to carry on, I would have also supported them.

Totally agree. You have to go with the players on that one. Reminds me of a junior game I refereed where a young lad (11 years old) broke his leg. Ambulance came quickly and he was taken away, and a few wanted to carry on, but most didn't, so I called it off. Then I had one a few years later at under-14s and another lad tore his hip flexor and was screaming in pain (it's a bad injury, having had hip flexor / IT band trouble of my own) but both teams were absolutely in the "show must go on" camp.

7 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Absolutely not disgusting from the BBC at all. They were televising this game and were probably as shocked as the rest of us at ehat was unfolding before their eyes. This then moved from being coverage of a football match to being breaking news. Do you really think any broadcaster in similar circumstances would act differently?

The players of both sides have now saud they are comfortable with restarting the game shortly. I guess in your ‘outraged wokie of Norwich’ view they too are disgusting for doing so including our own Teemu Pukki.

**** me, you don't broadcast someone's possible death on international television in the name of "breaking news", you heartless ****.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So is the game going to be back on the BBC? I’m shocked this is going ahead

I think it'll be on the live feed, I'm following the live reporting but don't know if they'll be showing it.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So is the game going to be back on the BBC? I’m shocked this is going ahead

Can’t see it in the schedule ?

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me, you don't broadcast someone's possible death on international television in the name of "breaking news", you heartless ****.

Normally, I think you are way over the top with your responses to people, but I agree 100% with this.

I realise how important my endorsement of your message is, so no need to thank me 😉

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m shocked this is going ahead

I am not, it's the conclusion of a football match that was suspended due to the potentially very serious nature of Eriksen's medical emergency, a medical emergency where disaster was averted and it now seems with the best possible outcome for him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Eriksen himself condoned the match carrying on.

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't be so ****ing stupid.

Everyone on here is absolutely delighted and grateful for any positive news about Eriksen.

It doesn't mean a fault with the media should go completely ignored, which could have had damaging effects on the players family etc.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Hogy you are and those who watched until the broadcast was cut are hypocrites. You can't watch it until the end and then criticise why did they show that, and why didn't they cut. If you didn't like it, turn off, watch something else.

So it's you who's f*cking stupid. Every opinion is valid, whether its right or wrong. People aren't saying they're grateful, they're just moaning about something new. F*cking hell no one is ever entitled to an opinion. I'm sticking with mine rightly or wrongly. If you don't like mine f*cking ignore it, and move onto the next post for goodness sake 

I was involved in a dangerous motor accident yesterday. I'm grateful I came out unscratched, but I'm not on a witch hunt to the other driver that's written off my new car! I'm just grateful. But others who witnessed it, may feel different and need disclosure that someone was to blame. I'm just grateful both drivers are fine.

Best thing here is he's ok, awake, has talked with his father. All the commentators said football doesn't matter right now, but clearly some feel blame is still necessary. They were broadcasting a live event. AT THE TIME NO ONE, AND I SAY NO ONE, KNEW THE OUTCOME. Can you really say someone can be blamed. They didn't know he might be revived and the game could carry on.

When the ref started taking the players off, and the medics carried Christian off, then the feed was cut. Hindsight is a wonderful thing