The Real Buh

I’m suddenly proud to be Finnish

Suomi just dropped this banger and I’m hoping they do well with Pukki in the team. I hope he absolutely mauls Wales as well they have huge delusions of grandeur.

• Like 1

Losing to Estonia at home in the last friendly before the Euros is not a good sign. Estonia had a spell in the early 2010s where they were looking like they might do a Latvia and get into the Euros but the Irish beat them in the play-off, but they've regressed a fair bit since then.

Although it would have been fun playing the national anthems at that friendly. They've got the exact same tune - just a different set of song lyrics. (Same as when England play Liechtenstein, incidentally).

It's a great moment for them, and obviously all our eyes will be on Pukki, but they won't get out of that group.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Losing to Estonia at home in the last friendly before the Euros is not a good sign. Estonia had a spell in the early 2010s where they were looking like they might do a Latvia and get into the Euros but the Irish beat them in the play-off, but they've regressed a fair bit since then.

Although it would have been fun playing the national anthems at that friendly. They've got the exact same tune - just a different set of song lyrics. (Same as when England play Liechtenstein, incidentally).

It's a great moment for them, and obviously all our eyes will be on Pukki, but they won't get out of that group.

I can see them going through as a 3rd placed team, perhaps by beating Russia.

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I can see them going through as a 3rd placed team, perhaps by beating Russia.

That is their derby match to be fair, and you can never tell which Russian team turns up, but isn't that game being played in Russia?

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That is their derby match to be fair, and you can never tell which Russian team turns up, but isn't that game being played in Russia?

Oh yes, you're right-can't see them doing anything against Belgium-not sure about Denmark, I see they're 10 in the FIFA rankings but their squad doesn't seem outstanding. Fingers crossed 🤞

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Oh yes, you're right-can't see them doing anything against Belgium-not sure about Denmark, I see they're 10 in the FIFA rankings but their squad doesn't seem outstanding. Fingers crossed 🤞

All of Denmark's group games are in Copenhagen.

Support the underdogs in Euro's and get used to it for next season.  Little chance of victory in either.  Enjoy the ride

3 hours ago, pete said:

Support the underdogs in Euro's and get used to it for next season.  Little chance of victory in either.  Enjoy the ride

Wow Pete, bet you’re fun at parties 

3 hours ago, pete said:

I’m from Norfolk and therefore English. The choice is natural.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Right, enough of the Wales love-in

time for the Teemu Pukki love in!

I'm getting all puckered up.

Well I think the Finnish lads won the all important sing off.

Bleedin Robot Wars Pearce to spoil everything.

Got to go against Pukki today, put Denmark in my treble bet today, and Wales/Swiss draw is already in the bag. 

4-3 Denmark with a Pukki hat trick will do. 

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

All of Denmark's group games are in Copenhagen.

And Denmark’s recent form is much better than Finland’s ☹️

As a side note, with Lakeys thread on the euros and one of the responses on this thread, it never shocks me that English people who don't really support England in tournaments feel the need to tell everyone they're not.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Pukki feeding off scraps.

With Belgium and Russia to come I think he will be well shattered by the end. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As a side note, with Lakeys thread on the euros and one of the responses on this thread, it never shocks me that English people who don't really support England in tournaments feel the need to tell everyone they're not.

They are like vegans. They have to tell everyone all about it.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

With Belgium and Russia to come I think he will be well shattered by the end. 

At least he'll get a good break after the three games.

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Well this is a dreadful game 

Edited by Capt. Pants