Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

It will be touch and go for Saturday then. Hope Cantwell is fit.

Feel we need some good news on transfers soon especially areas we are weak.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be touch and go for Saturday then. Hope Cantwell is fit.

Feel we need some good news on transfers soon especially areas we are weak.

On the plus side for us Robertson and van Dijk might be out for Liverpool

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

On the plus side for us Robertson and van Dijk might be out for Liverpool

Alexander Arnold has only played 90 mins as well. Mind you that's more than some of our players!

We'd better hope PAOK lose then. The prospect of ECL football might be a better lure than Norwich! Hopefully this transfer is set in stone.

In relation to PAOK,  ECL is the Europa Conference League. This is the new competition which Spurs are in and is way less lucrative than the European Champions League, let alone the Europa League. The main prize for the winner of the Europa Conference League is automatic qualification for the Europa League - so not a huge draw for leading clubs who are aiming to qualify for these tournaments by right of their domestic league position. 

I would be surprised if this is the real reason for the hold up of Tzolis.

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

The Pinkun boys said Tzolis is expected towards the back end of this week in the chat today. Still on. Hopefully we hear some more good news soon! 

I really hope we get tzolis. Very excited by this transfer. Be gutted if he doesn't arrive

Also, Thursday's tie for PAOK only potentially gets them through to the next round of qualifying and not the main competition. If they beat Bohemians they then have to play the winner of Hibs or Rijeka (featuring a certain Josip Drmic).

6 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

In relation to PAOK,  ECL is the Europa Conference League. This is the new competition which Spurs are in and is way less lucrative than the European Champions League, let alone the Europa League. The main prize for the winner of the Europa Conference League is automatic qualification for the Europa League - so not a huge draw for leading clubs who are aiming to qualify for these tournaments by right of their domestic league position. 

I would be surprised if this is the real reason for the hold up of Tzolis.

Getting to the group stage could still be worth £5m - £6m for PAOK in additional TV revenue and potential win bonuses. 

That’s a big amount of money for a Greek Super League team. 

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Also, Thursday's tie for PAOK only potentially gets them through to the next round of qualifying and not the main competition. If they beat Bohemians they then have to play the winner of Hibs or Rijeka (featuring a certain Josip Drmic).

Cheers for the clarification 👍

Sounds as though they are stringing us along a bit.

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yes really. Spurs opinion doesn’t end with that forum

True of course and I very much hope your optimism on landing said player (again) is justified. I somehow doubt it. Even if Spurs do sanction another loan I feel we will have much more competition than last time. Newcastle are said to have enquired and there will be others. Skipp liked it here and that may help us if such a scenario arose but I think the chances are close to zero as I said before.

Bethnal,

Oh dear - final qualifying game not until 26th August. Perhaps that explains the line being fed to MFW by the club about Tzolis taking time, although Sexy Bennett appeared to dispute this.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Bethnal,

Oh dear - final qualifying game not until 26th August. Perhaps that explains the line being fed to MFW by the club about Tzolis taking time, although Sexy Bennett appeared to dispute this.

I know, but with a 2-1 deficit from the first leg I can see why they wouldn’t want to sell what most of their fans regard as their best player before the 2nd leg. 

Werder Bremen’s head coach told the press that even though a fee had been agreed for Sargent, Norwich allowed him to play in their cup game at the weekend. Sargent himself then said that he didn’t feel capable of giving his all in the game so wasn’t played. 

I’m sure if Norwich came to such an agreement with Bremen they might do the same with PAOK over a game much more important. All the details of the deal haven’t been finalised yet, but the game on Thursday does seem to be a consideration on the PAOK side. 

4 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

True of course and I very much hope your optimism on landing said player (again) is justified. I somehow doubt it. Even if Spurs do sanction another loan I feel we will have much more competition than last time. Newcastle are said to have enquired and there will be others. Skipp liked it here and that may help us if such a scenario arose but I think the chances are close to zero as I said before.

Yes and I’m not saying we will get Skipp, just being optimistic about the fact we haven’t got a second loan in or a DM and so there’s a possibility we’re waiting for Spurs signings and a decision on Skipp from Nuno.

Even that forum isn’t particularly informative or conclusive as it’s mainly people saying “we don’t have anyone better” without any real knowledge of him as a player or how he played for us last season. It seems very much loyalty to a Spurs youngster and the fact they have other rubbish as central midfielders that make Skipp the best option they’ve got.

Articles I’ve read and podcasts listened to seem to think Skipp is great at pressing but has been played in the wrong position in pre season and with little chance to play in his correct place (Hojbjerg will be their DM), he would be better off going on loan again to play regularly on the PL.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Takes me back to the entire afternoon I spent tracking Ibrahim Amadou's flight from Seville.

Bet that was a bit of a spain in the neck.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is he walking to the ground from Rackheath ?

Running on the NDR mate. If he can have a run on the NDR he'll pass his medical 😂

18 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Takes me back to the entire afternoon I spent tracking Ibrahim Amadou's flight from Seville.

I didn't track it but saw it on the not 606 board. According to Google, PadAviation is located in Buren, south of Bremen, so it looks legit. It arrived at around 16.45.

6 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Running on the NDR mate. If he can have a run on the NDR he'll pass his medical 😂

He’s going to have an accident on one of those roundabouts !

• Haha 1

Assuming Tzolis and Sargent materialize AND that Cantwell stays ... I'm feeling increasingly optimistic about our chances of staying up BUT am surprised by the general negativity? Obviously, the 3-0 thumping against Newcastle was not ideal but it seems clear to me there have been several incremental improvements overall that should results in a better points turnaround compared with 19-20? At a minimum, I think we can agree that

Pukki, Cantwell, Rashica, Tzolis, Sargent, Dowell, Hernández, Idah, Płacheta

Pukki, Cantwell, Buendia, Drmić, Vrančić, Hernández, Stiepermann, Idah, Roberts, Srbeny

offensively?? Not massively, of course, but better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Assuming Tzolis and Sargent materialize AND that Cantwell stays ... I'm feeling increasingly optimistic about our chances of staying up BUT am surprised by the general negativity? Obviously, the 3-0 thumping against Newcastle was not ideal but it seems clear to me there have been several incremental improvements overall that should results in a better points turnaround compared with 19-20? At a minimum, I think we can agree that

Pukki, Cantwell, Buendia, Drmić, Vrančić, Hernández, Stiepermann, Idah, Roberts, Srbeny

Maybe on paper but blooding in 3 new players to a new team with next to no pre-season is a recipe for disaster. The fact most of those players in 19/20 season had chemistry of working together before was a massive plus, and it worked well the first 5-10 games of the season. Then we got injuries and teams found us out and it was incredibly dire.

We all hope that we’ll be finding new and multiple ways of scoring goals and winning matches (instead of just Emi through ball to Pukki), but it’s speculation that we’ll get there.

Defensively we’re better with Gibson but do need another body.

Consider my pants not wet, but damp. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Consider my pants not wet, but damp. 

@NorthCarolinaYellow And being from America as you are I should clarify “pant wetting” is an English expression of ‘a state of nervousness/fear’. It doesn’t mean what perhaps your average American will think it means…

Edited by WD40

8 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Struggling to see three teams weaker than us though! I think the Prem is getting stronger and stronger. Even the 'weaker' sides are awash with experienced internationals and funding. 

Ultimately, we just don't know how good PLM, Rashica, Tzolis and Sargent will be do we?

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

@NorthCarolinaYellow And being from America as you are I should clarify “pant wetting” is an English expression of ‘a state of nervousness/fear’. It doesn’t mean what perhaps your average American will think it means…

🤣

I was getting excited that you were getting so excited!!

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

Struggling to see three teams weaker than us though! I think the Prem is getting stronger and stronger. Even the 'weaker' sides are awash with experienced internationals and funding. 

Ultimately, we just don't know how good PLM, Rashica, Tzolis and Sargent will be do we?

Oh, I totally agree with this. Taking in marginal improvements and taking out horrific luck ... I think we're optimistically 6-10 points better? Problem is that in 19-20 we needed 14 to touch 17th! 🙃

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

It is not necessarily the supposed strength of the squad, it is how they perform

So i would not judge any potential on that alone.