Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

36 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Clearly this gentleman's agreement has seemingly been interpreted differently by both sides. 

A gentleman's agreement means diddlysquat, unless Levy gets what he wants. He can quite easily say "Yes, I did say that you could leave... at a price. That price wasn't paid, so you have to stay".

A contract, on the other hand, is legally binding. Kane can't go anywhere without Levy accepting an offer.

They signed a legal contract (with lawyers/agents, as you so cleverly mentioned) as H Kane and D Levy.

Which bit do you need help with?

Many thanks for your offer of help. 

I think you have misunderstood what I was saying.

I was agreeing with you that Kane signed a 6 year deal and largely has to live with it .. you have then missed (in spades it would appear) my ironic points, again not aimed at you but at the situation in general . A gentleman's agreement is not a contract (well it can be but only in very specific circumstances) , and the idea that two sophisticated parties would now seek to rely on one is nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

When I have time to find it I'll dig out the bit where you said that a player who leaves one club would still be paid by that club even after being transferred to a new club on a new contract.

Good luck with that

I would suggest you check your posts and how you persistently twisted what I said when you were initially shown to be wrong.

When a player/manager has their contract 'paid up', it does not mean that all due monies are handed over there and then. The usual procedure is they receive what is due over a number of staged payments.

With a manager, this can mean that any payment due in regard to his contract settlement can be reduced by any future earnings, should those earnings occur during the residue of his settled contract.

That I thought was readily understood.

However you choose, and still do, to misrepresent it as a player still being paid, when a contract has ended.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

the idea that two sophisticated parties would now seek to rely on one is nonsense.

then you have little working knowledge of how law is practised

there is little in the way of succour for m'learned friends in people agreeing 😏

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

there is little in the way of succour for m'learned friends in people agreeing 😏

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Sadly Bill, I have a very . very good knowledge of how law is "practiced" - it's hard to sit on the board of a large-ish financial services company  and watch dozens of Liability claims getting settled every day without a working knowledge. Whilst the majority are of course based around common law and tort, the law of Contract plays a part too. 

I say again. Where two parties, both of whom would have the resource to secure legal advice prior to the signing of a a significant contract of employment , for one to rely on a gentleman's agreement, is , as I say, nonsense.  

• Haha 1

Lads let's get this back on track please, I am sure most of us do not have any deirse to read you two bickering about a Spurs player 🤦

If you would like to continue, get a room 😜

Edited by Jsim1986
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Lads let's get this back on track please, I am sure most of us do not have any deirse to read you two bickering about a Spurs player 🤦

If you would like to continue, get a room 😜

It's not bickering Jsim, it's educating the one that knows everything.

Anyway, anyone got any new updates on the Greek lad?

• Haha 1

Jesus fooking christo! Can we stop talking about LAW?

Unless it's Dennis Law, nobody on here really gives two shoites

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Anyway, anyone got any new updates on the Greek lad?

Apparently we have got a gentleman's agreement with him so no need for any formality. I hear its  £40k per week for three years, and all the kebabs he can eat. 

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Apparently we have got a gentleman's agreement with him so no need for any formality. I hear its  £40k per week for three years, and all the kebabs he can eat. 

Excellent, it's a done deal then.

Just need to validate whether we are paying him more or less per week 👍

2 hours ago, king canary said:

In reality though, it won't win you any favours and in all likelihood will just be worse for the club.

Overpricing a player so publicly will send a message to players looking to join your club that they don't care about you and will just hold you to ransom with ridiculous fees.

Do you think Harry Kane will be worth £160m in January or next summer? Do you think they will get much mileage out of him next season? What do you think the impact on the rest of the squad will be? Spurs could be incredibly damaged by this if it's allowed to kick on past the end of August.

Kane isn't worth £160m, Saha isn't worth £100m. It is a very dangerous ground for clubs to go down IMHO. I'm surprised that there hasn't been another Bosman style case yet in this regard. Forcing someone to work for you against their will... surely wouldn't go down well with workers rights etc?

In either case, Kane will be sold for much less than that. Whether that be now or January or next summer, and if he remains at Spurs, I very much doubt he will be at his best and no doubt there will be some unrest in the squad.

35 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sadly Bill, I have a very . very good knowledge of how law is "practiced" - it's hard to sit on the board of a large-ish financial services company  and watch dozens of Liability claims getting settled every day without a working knowledge. Whilst the majority are of course based around common law and tort, the law of Contract plays a part too. 

I say again. Where two parties, both of whom would have the resource to secure legal advice prior to the signing of a a significant contract of employment , for one to rely on a gentleman's agreement, is , as I say, nonsense.  

You do know the 'Bank' in Monopoly isn't a real bank, right?🤓

This website really can be utterly tiresome, if you planks want to bang on about Harry Kane having a strop or contract law take it to it's own off topic thread, most of us couldn't give two ****s about it 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

In either case, Kane will be sold for much less than that. Whether that be now or January or next summer, and if he remains at Spurs, I very much doubt he will be at his best and no doubt there will be some unrest in the squad.

This is a case of who cracks first.

Put yourself in Spurs situation, he's on a long term contract and why would they want to sell your best player, clearly the contract has no get out clause and Kane was happy to sign it.

Player valuations have no logic, it's what a club either thinks they can get for them or based on previous sales or are there to deter other clubs, which one of these Spurs are using is anyone's guess.

If you're Kane and you want to win stuff or earn more money then why sign the new contract, well he did that because he wanted the stability of a long term contract, which was his choice.

Put yourself in Man City's position and they clearly think he's a player they want but surely £160m on a player who is 28 is madness and they will know that even though money is no object, but it's not just £160m, it's £160m plus god only knows what in terms of wages for the next 4/5 years.

One of these is going to eventually crack and I suspect it will be Spurs, but not for £160m.

40 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Your boss doesn't happen to be called Bill does he 😂😂😂

Harry Kane is lucky Farke is not his coach otherwise he'd get the Drmic, Trybull, Leitner treatment.

Couldn’t give to hoots about Harry Kane!

I just want to find out and discuss Norwich news/transfers on this forum.

By the way, if I was Man City I’d go and get Lukaku for £100m rather than Kane for £160m🤪

2 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Couldn’t give to hoots about Harry Kane!

I just want to find out and discuss Norwich news/transfers on this forum.

By the way, if I was Man City I’d go and get Lukaku for £100m rather than Kane for £160m🤪

Thought you didn't give a hoot, you soon changed your tune 😂

Common practice on here but at least you did it before making a good of yourself 😬

I'm with you through, funny how it gets really annoying with no news 🤬

I'm pretty sure I just saw Harry Kane coming out of Wensum Point Carpets on Whiffler Road carrying a large oriental-style rug emblazoned with the canary crest on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm pretty sure I just saw Harry Kane coming out of Wensum Point Carpets on Whiffler Road carrying a large oriental-style rug emblazoned with the canary crest on it.

I saw him carrying it into a property on Duke Street.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Liar 😉

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I saw him carrying it into a property on Duke Street.

Haha, touché sir 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hopefully, he's got Skipp rolled up in it. 

16 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Liar 😉

Arses! He was muttering something about "putting right some wrongs from a loan spell"...

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

No! I think that was Harry Hill that you saw not Kane....FIGHT!!!

Edited by horsefly

16 minutes ago, Discobolus said:

Could somebody direct me to the thread about Norwich possible transfers I seem to have got on the wrong one.

I'm totally lost, seems I have logged onto the Spurs forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Arses! He was muttering something about "putting right some wrongs from a loan spell"...

Still don't believe you so unless you can provide me with photo evidence of either him or his car parked at a jaunty angle at Carrow Road I'm still calling you sir a liar 😆

Although he blooming well ought to get his arris back here and put some effort in as he owes us 👍

22 minutes ago, Discobolus said:

Could somebody direct me to the thread about Norwich possible transfers I seem to have got on the wrong one.

Could somebody direct me to Wensum point carpets? I hear they are doing canary rugs.