Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Boothroyd sacked

There was an alleged rumour at the time Boothroyd was allegedly appointed by Dan Ashworth at the FA that allegedly Boothroyd had been the best man at Ashworth's wedding allegedly. Pure coincidence obviously if that was the case.

He did have a point about better players being ‘nicked’ by the full team (something u23 managers could all moan about - but ‘success’ at that level is measured differently) but there’s still a lot of talent at his disposal and he got nothing like what he should out of them at the recent tournament.

Good, absolutely scandalous that he's been in charge of nurturing our young talent for so long. 

I seem to recall that he was on a few 'wishlists' for the Carrow Road hotseat a few years back. Perhaps he will be again should Farke depart...🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry Brockes said:

There was an alleged rumour at the time Boothroyd was allegedly appointed by Dan Ashworth at the FA that allegedly Boothroyd had been the best man at Ashworth's wedding allegedly. Pure coincidence obviously if that was the case.

How unusual is it for someone to give a job to somebody he has previously worked with?

2 hours ago, Barry Brockes said:

Apparently 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I seem to recall that he was on a few 'wishlists' for the Carrow Road hotseat a few years back. Perhaps he will be again should Farke depart...🙄

Will be a perfect fit for the binners when Paul Cook gets sacked if they don't have a flying start next season.

13 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Will be a perfect fit for the binners when Paul Cook gets sacked if they don't have a flying start next season.

They always have a flying start. It's all part of the fun😂

He has been woeful for a while, this was more a formality than a surprise, hopefully they pick someone who is decent with youth in his place

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Wasn't that around the time when the Worthy Out campaign had their moment in the sun ?

Edited by TIL 1010

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wasn't that around the time when the Worthy Out campaign had their moment in the sun ?

I believe so. Wasn't Steve Tilson another of the names around that time?

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If you are talking about my brother Stephen he is a chef so there was a chance to have two cooks in charge.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Worthy himself said that losing young thrusting talent as Boothroyd was a sign of the clubs lack of ambition. Or something similar . 

Got the job for his "no baggage, squeaky clean" image rather than football managerial ability.

Same as Southgate.

They all get found out in the end..

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I wanted Worthington out at that point, because he had shot his bolt as a Norwich City manager, but also because Phil Parkinson, who'd done a fantastic job getting Colchester promoted, was available. We held onto Worthington and he was sacked that October, while Parkinson went to Hull, and was sacked that December. There is a moral or a lesson there but exactly what it is eludes me...😕

• Like 1