Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

New kit manufacturer

48 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have a feeling that this was a tweet (tw4t?) from someone called Zimbabwe Canaries - I got sent it yesterday afternoon...

Very proud and pleased to take part in my very first Global Canaries fan group consultation. Lots of interesting ideas and feedback but the two standout for me being, new kit supplier from next season and this will be the last season the club use IFollow. #NCFC

Is iFollow going because they expect to be in Premier League?

Wasnt intending to get you started -  especially now im aware of your age too! 

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Naughty boy.

Don't get me started about sales.

Whatever kit supplier is chosen too much green in the kit has been the norm for new kits for PL and have ended in relegation.  Hope green kept to a minimum in new kit and predominantly yellow to give best chance of staying up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Thanks GPB but no mention in there that we are ending our contract with Errea early and switching to Joma so still interested where that has come from.

if you read the tweet and the responses it gets a mention there, but nothing concrete. Got a whiff of 2+2 =5 

Is there such a thing as a Global Canaries fan group consultation? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 hour ago, pete said:

Whatever kit supplier is chosen too much green in the kit has been the norm for new kits for PL and have ended in relegation.  Hope green kept to a minimum in new kit and predominantly yellow to give best chance of staying up.

Absolutely! You would think that Stuart Webber and his "slim margins" analysis would have uncovered this correlation. As we are proving this year, mirroring what happened under Paul Lambert, plain yellow shirts = promotion / staying in the Premier League.

While we are at it - no away kit is needed except for Wolves / Watford, so a nice plain white shirt is fine, no need for a black or blue or red one, white & green clashes with precisely - nobody. Leave any other colors for training wear. 

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Our current contract with Errea runs until 2024 having just checked.

Ended early, it's Joma.

Edited by Browno

4 hours ago, pete said:

Agree with that Pete.  We should dazzle them with kit as well as skill.  No green on the body of the shirt campaign starts here.

It can't just be down to costs alone surely... Kings Lynn have Kappa and there are other conference teams with Adidas and Nike etc. 

Joma look like they manufacture football kits for cub scouts. 

They must realise if we had a decent kit we'd sell more, that includes the brand and the fit.

Hoping this turns out to be fake news.

Edited by crab man

I think the rumours about a switch are true (different sources that attended the same global canaries thing have mentioned) but I cant imagine dropping Errea for a categorically worse brand.

I wonder if it's a case someone said 'haha bet it's someone rubbish like Joma' and it then raced into reality. I'd not think we would lock into a Nike or Adidas, but if price is important enough to pick Joma we may as well see if we can borrow some Stanno off a local Sunday side.

7 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I think the rumours about a switch are true (different sources that attended the same global canaries thing have mentioned) but I cant imagine dropping Errea for a categorically worse brand.

I wonder if it's a case someone said 'haha bet it's someone rubbish like Joma' and it then raced into reality. I'd not think we would lock into a Nike or Adidas, but if price is important enough to pick Joma we may as well see if we can borrow some Stanno off a local Sunday side.

I love Stanno kit.

What's wrong with Umbro ? 

They already do Jamaica - yellow green and black.... 

Umbro.jpg

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

That is so bloody Sloughbottom Park. Wonder if we can get a couple of the lads to wear the wrong coloured shorts, and someone to forget to tape his earring up, for the full Sunday League effect.

• Like 2

A yellow and green equivalent of the Joma Spain national team shirt would look fantastic.

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-short-sleeve-home-t-shirt-spain-red-man-ffe101011.20?ret=%2Fen%2Fteamwear#&gid=1&pid=1

I don't get the Nike/Adidas etc desires. I doubt we would get any say in  their designs, with Joma we probably will.. 

Edited by duke63

If you get something from Nike/Adidas/Puma/Umbro etc. the majority are going to be templated designs, very rare you get anything not 'off the shelf'. The smaller brands allow a much further level of customisation in my experience.

On a grassroots level, my club have used Joma for a number of years, with no issues at all, thousands of kits and other teamwear.

Swansea's kits are Joma at present, and I think are a good design - and price.

I’m not a fan of Joma historically and would prefer a more retro style manufacturer but to be fair to them, all of Swansea’s kits this season are decent.

1 hour ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Here's hoping whoever it is does realistic sizing. Errea 5XL was more like a 2XL.

Jeez, post lockdown sizes are going to be a struggle!

• Haha 1

I haven't minded the Errea kits, but they're no Pony...

Edited by AJ