Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Sam McCallum's Got an Impressively Long One....

Recommended Posts

Throw in that is! 

Set up Coventry's goal against Middlesbrough earlier this week. A 'Plan B' for next season perhaps? 🙂 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Coventry fans aren’t really rating him this season. Obviously that opinion could be tainted now he’s no longer their player. 

Would Norwich sell him if they could get near enough the transfer fee back? 
 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of long ones, Brentford fans used to have a song about Marcus Gayle, though that one wasn’t about his throw-ins....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sad really, he is young and clearly has so much talent but Farke seems to not rate him.

 

Nevermind how when he comes back we have both Giannoulis and Quintillà who are no doubt both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sad really, he is young and clearly has so much talent but Farke seems to not rate him.

 

Nevermind how when he comes back we have both Giannoulis and Quintillà who are no doubt both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Don't think Quintilla's going to be bought to be honest. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if we just bought Giannoulis and kept McCallum as back-up, knowing Sorensen can do a job there if we really need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

St Andrews is now the Trillion Trophy Stadium? 😁

careful FF, Tilly will read that as (St) Trinian's and you'll set him off again!  not sure that's a good thing, given the thread title!  

Its full title is St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium and has been since 2018.   

Edited by Greavsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sad really, he is young and clearly has so much talent but Farke seems to not rate him.

 

Nevermind how when he comes back we have both Giannoulis and Quintillà who are no doubt both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Quintilla isn't happening, is the word on the street. Apparently the purchase option relied on several criteria being fulfilled and Norwich are miles away from reaching those targets, so it isn't going to happen. Dimi was bought in to be the no1 RB. Norwich also have the potential of Byram returning who can cover if required. McCallum is young, only 20/21, so plenty of time for him to develop yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an extensive interview with McCallum in The Athletic recently. He admitted to feeling out of his depth here. I very much doubt we'll be bringing him back for the Premier League 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are being a tad harsh on McCallum here. He's only played a few seasons of pro football and they sent him out on loan for him to gain a bit more experience. He's been pretty much an ever present at left-wing back for Coventry this season, keeping Wolves' Ryan Giles out of his preferred position.

3.5 million is one of our more expensive signings (pre Gibson and Giannoulis) and they wouldn't have spent so much on someone they didn't rate him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ said:

Quintilla isn't happening, is the word on the street. Apparently the purchase option relied on several criteria being fulfilled and Norwich are miles away from reaching those targets, so it isn't going to happen. Dimi was bought in to be the no1 RB. Norwich also have the potential of Byram returning who can cover if required. McCallum is young, only 20/21, so plenty of time for him to develop yet

Hope you meant LB not RB as I'm fairly sure Aarons is our No.1 RB 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I think people are being a tad harsh on McCallum here. He's only played a few seasons of pro football and they sent him out on loan for him to gain a bit more experience. He's been pretty much an ever present at left-wing back for Coventry this season, keeping Wolves' Ryan Giles out of his preferred position.

3.5 million is one of our more expensive signings (pre Gibson and Giannoulis) and they wouldn't have spent so much on someone they didn't rate him.

I agree, I watched all championship highlights on the sky app and he's been involved in a lot of the good stuff that Cov have done.

Clearly it's highlights but I haven't seen that many goals that they have conceded being down to him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Hope you meant LB not RB as I'm fairly sure Aarons is our No.1 RB 😬

Yes I do, brain want rogue there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he is better than that Brentford player on Wednesday all throws fell short of goal area and were of little concern to our defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pete said:

Hope he is better than that Brentford player on Wednesday all throws fell short of goal area and were of little concern to our defence. 

I disagree. They were dangerous and, although we defended them well, were probably Brentford's best chance of causing us problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Hope you meant LB not RB as I'm fairly sure Aarons is our No.1 RB 😬

Aarons is our number one rightback until he leaves (which he will as Delia has confirmed) at which point I'm sure Mumba will be his replacement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Panti Bliss-Cabrera on Twitter: "Good Dolly but those outfits don't  leave much to the imagination. http://t.co/RjGAXwr6vk"

These lads will give anyone a run for their money based on the thread title.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petriix said:

I disagree. They were dangerous and, although we defended them well, were probably Brentford's best chance of causing us problems.

Yep, all it would have taken was for one of them to get a flick on and the ball is dropping in the danger zone, fortunately  we have learnt to defend ......at this level  anyway  .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dr Panti Bliss-Cabrera on Twitter: "Good Dolly but those outfits don't  leave much to the imagination. http://t.co/RjGAXwr6vk"

These lads will give anyone a run for their money based on the thread title.

You never fail to disappoint. Although sometimes I wish you did! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon another season out on loan. We don’t need to rush him. That said given his age he could be back up LB and not need to be part of our 25 next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2021 at 15:16, TIL 1010 said:

Dr Panti Bliss-Cabrera on Twitter: "Good Dolly but those outfits don't  leave much to the imagination. http://t.co/RjGAXwr6vk"

These lads will give anyone a run for their money based on the thread title.

What do you mean Til? I don't get it 🤷‍♂️ Looks like a very successful GB relay team to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

What do you mean Til? I don't get it 🤷‍♂️ Looks like a very successful GB relay team to me.

It's all about the baton. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Er, getting back on track, as it were, I was wondering about this, because many teams nowadays seem to have a long-thrower, and the only one I can remember for us was the sadly departed Graham Paddon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...