Jump to content
pete

Soto work permit not done deal

Recommended Posts

Can’t see anything to be unduly worried about there, Pete?

Work permits aren’t generally issued overnight so obviously he won’t be involved in training, or any form of activity that constitutes ‘work’, until he is cleared to do so. Not to mention, Webber and Farke wouldn’t bring him back unless they were 100% confident he now qualifies for one. Have a little faith sometimes 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Mark my words, we will NEVER get a work permit for Soto. It will be Wynton Rufer all over again.😡

Now that is a blast from the the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Mark my words, we will NEVER get a work permit for Soto. It will be Wynton Rufer all over again.😡

Ah yes - Wynton Rufer - considered not good enough to get a work permit from the British authorities. Went to Switzerland then Germany - won four major titles with Werder Bremen and was the top scorer in the 1993/94 Champions League. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Ah yes - Wynton Rufer - considered not good enough to get a work permit from the British authorities. Went to Switzerland then Germany - won four major titles with Werder Bremen and was the top scorer in the 1993/94 Champions League. 😡

Played against his brother Shane a few times when I lived in Wellington. He was the proverbial woopsie off the shovel.

I think Shane got trials at City as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Played against his brother Shane a few times when I lived in Wellington. He was the proverbial woopsie off the shovel.

I think Shane got trials at City as well.

The only City player I ever played with was Paul Clayton (Clanger) when I was at school with him. He played about 25 times for City if memory serves, the highlight of his career being a shock appearance in the away leg of the Milk Cup Semi Final at Ipswich in 1985. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Played against his brother Shane a few times when I lived in Wellington. He was the proverbial woopsie off the shovel.

I think Shane got trials at City as well.

I worked with a roofer called Shane years ago. 

Hard work but fantastic views from up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I worked with a roofer called Shane years ago. 

Hard work but fantastic views from up there.

His brother Wynt on to bigger things

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Mark my words, we will NEVER get a work permit for Soto. It will be Wynton Rufer all over again.😡

You are a positive fella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the injuries to our two main strikers we should be looking to strengthen before the transfer window closes. A lack of goals worries me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

According to Radio Norfolk the permit is expected next week 

That's good coz at this rate he's starting up front on Saturday!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That's good coz at this rate he's starting up front on Saturday!

I bet he wasn't expecting that!

To be fair Omotoye doesn't look as though he is ready yet and with Pukki, Hugill and Idah sharing this season's injuries he might well be involved as Farke likes to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Basel_NCFC said:

You are a positive fella

I think you’ll find Purple was taking the p155, Basel 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I bet he wasn't expecting that!

To be fair Omotoye doesn't look as though he is ready yet and with Pukki, Hugill and Idah sharing this season's injuries he might well be involved as Farke likes to say.

Two occasions omotoye was on the move to go one on one with the keeper and both times the ball git passed sideways. 
Don’t think the kid can be judged on today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Mark my words, we will NEVER get a work permit for Soto. It will be Wynton Rufer all over again.😡

SHOOT jumping the gun...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think you’ll find Purple was taking the p155, Basel 😉

I feel so misunderstood and battered. I still haven't recovered from kingcanary the other day absolutely damning me with the faintest of praise by saying I was someone who came across 'as quite smart most of the time.' Only 'quite' smart and only 'most of the time'!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I feel so misunderstood and battered. I still haven't recovered from kingcanary the other day absolutely damning me with the faintest of praise by saying I was someone who came across 'as quite smart most of the time.' Only 'quite' smart and only 'most of the time'!!!

If it boosts your confidence I would like to say that your p*ss taking is quite funny most of the time too. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I feel so misunderstood and battered. I still haven't recovered from kingcanary the other day absolutely damning me with the faintest of praise by saying I was someone who came across 'as quite smart most of the time.' Only 'quite' smart and only 'most of the time'!!!

Binner

 

 

 

Most of the time 

 

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Two occasions omotoye was on the move to go one on one with the keeper and both times the ball git passed sideways. 
Don’t think the kid can be judged on today.

His movement was good , as were  a couple of layoffs. He did ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to say how much impact a player one Soto can have as he's still relatively unknown. That said if he's here to help behind Pukki and Hugill with Idah on his way back it should be enough to see us through, all 4 can score a goal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see him play.  On the face of it, we have an embarrassment of riches up front, we have the choice of a Finnish,  Irish, and US international striker, plus Hugill.  It is hard to see them all being kept happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ouch! Especially sad this bit

 

8EB9CF1C-0CFF-4A76-946C-8B24DDEA8BF4.jpeg

Nickname: Winnie.

And all it took was three team meetings, a board level discussion and a small debate in New Zealand's parliament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long interview with Farke about Soto yesterday. He will be training with the U23's initially to assess if he needs a UK loan. Farke stressed that we shouldn't get over excited as he's never seen Soto play. 

Farke sounded a bit baffled about the fuss. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I feel so misunderstood and battered. I still haven't recovered from kingcanary the other day absolutely damning me with the faintest of praise by saying I was someone who came across 'as quite smart most of the time.' Only 'quite' smart and only 'most of the time'!!!

Snowflake 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herman said:

Nickname: Winnie.

And all it took was three team meetings, a board level discussion and a small debate in New Zealand's parliament

... to be able to play in Switzerland! Where his father was from (wiki say)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...