Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Poor performance, even poorer ref

Got a sore throat from shouting at the tv, ref gave us no protection at all, Watford should have been down to ten,  any number of decisions went their way, including two pens

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Got the ball. 

Capoue was almost certainly a deliberate stamp on Buendia, should have gone with a straight red. 

• Like 1

I have also got a sore throat.  I could see why Capoune was not sent off, it looked like he was just too slow, it looked worst when I saw the replay.  To counter that decision, Pukki went down looking for a penalty, and he also got Sarr booked, in my opinion unfairly.  Both incidents were dealt with sympathetic.   I was also worried about Emi in the first half, but he did calm down.

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Got the ball. 

There were several challenges that Watford made today that the referee would have given a direct freekick for if they were not in the penalty box. I thought we should have had at least 2 penalties, possibly more.

That said though we were poor today and didn't create any clear cut chances. Watford created one and scored, that was the difference between the teams.

That guy Brooks is Deeney's b1tch ! Missing fouls in or around the Watford area - Pukki was taken down twice - once in the area.

Deeney prompting Brooks - talking to him all the time, earning freekicks by leaning against our players and falling over..

Neither of the tackles on Pukki were penalties.

People moan about VAR but when we don't have it people moan about the ref.

Personally I thought he was pretty fair.

• Like 3

It still annoys me that a free kick is given for something that occurs outside the penalty area but when the same thing happens inside the box it’s not a foul. Even the commentators said the same thing last night. It’s either a foul or not and where it happens on the pitch is irrelevant.

I didn’t think the ref was that bad last night but Sarr would have seen red with several other refs.

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

My only major moan with him was Sarr should have been off, his 3rd challenge (in 5 mins) should have been a yellow. 

That’s my only gripe too. Thought the ref did a decent job, both “penalties” were great challenges inside the box where the defender got the ball.

• Like 1

Deeney did a good job, being quietly in his ear all the time, noticed that as they walked out together at start of second half.

Part of a player doing a good job, Grant And Gary Holt were always really good at that for us back in their days. 

Actually something that I think we are missing now, McClean is too moany and I think Buendia does the opposite and ends up winding the ref up. Gibson is probably the one I’d say should take up the role in the current team.

If there had have been VAR Capoue would have been sent off for the reckless ankle-breaking lunge at Buendia, and Sarr would definitely been sent off for the arm swung into the face of Pukki. Far too many reckless tackles went unpunished.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

If there had have been VAR Capoue would have been sent off for the reckless ankle-breaking lunge at Buendia, and Sarr would definitely been sent off for the arm swung into the face of Pukki. Far too many reckless tackles went unpunished.

I thought the arm in Pukki's face was a clear red. He wasn't running or jumping, he just swung out at his head for no apparent reason. Sarr seemed to want to be sent off. 

Not a good performance from us though and Watford deserved to win. What is worrying is just like last season we can't cope with teams that are big and strong. 

Ref was absolute crap but because the standard has been so low from them this season it feels like we're ready to see a ref who literally done whatever Deeney asked him to do as 'decent'

Watford had to tread a very fine line to keep us out which kind of proves we played ok. Another day we'd have seen a penalty or sending off but to be fair Watford managed to stay the right side of the line.... just.

I thought ref being better than most this season. Missed on free kick near box when Pukki was fouled and some other ref could have given red to Sarr instead yellow, but nothing that does not happen constantly in almost every game.

I think penalty calls went correctly, as on Pukki's chance the defender got the ball first off from Pukkis feet. If it would have happened in other end of the pitch, we would be praising the world class tackle.

I think the ref did no harm to us this time. We were beaten by a good side that played better and need to learn and improve.

Edited by hepphep

If anyone who has seen the replays of the penalty shout's still believes they were penalties please get to the opticians and ask for a slightly less yellow tinted pair. Other decisions could have gone for us but never the penalties. Please don't take tackles out of the game. 

• Like 1

Agree they weren't penalties but Sarr knew what he was doing with his arm.

Capoue could have had a 2nd yellow perhaps.

And if Kenny's was a foul then so it was at the other end in their box.  But they never get given.

Win some, lose some.

2 hours ago, Canaries north said:

If anyone who has seen the replays of the penalty shout's still believes they were penalties please get to the opticians and ask for a slightly less yellow tinted pair. Other decisions could have gone for us but never the penalties. Please don't take tackles out of the game. 

I absolutely agree, it was a brilliant tackle from the defender. I also think it would have been a little harsh to send Capoue off and I disagree that Sarr did anything to warrant a red his booking was fairly soft in my opinion I don't think there was any intent. 

We got beat fair and square by a team that did a job on us, the excuses are pathetic. 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Agree they weren't penalties but Sarr knew what he was doing with his arm.

Capoue could have had a 2nd yellow perhaps.

And if Kenny's was a foul then so it was at the other end in their box.  But they never get given.

Win some, lose some.

Possibly but how many times do you see a foul given outside the box and then a similar one not given in the box, it happens all of the time that's football. 

We need to stop this continual moaning about refs, we're sounding like spoilt Man Utd fans. NEITHER of the challenges on Pukki were penalties, the ref was spot on to not give either. The stamp by Capoue was not deliberate either. 

Was he a great ref? No, are any in the Championship? Not really, is there a conspiracy against Norwich as some would have you believe? Don't be ridiculous, are having poor refs still better than VAR? Hell yes!!!! 

You want to see a poor ref, should have watched the Burnley game earlier. 

• Like 1