Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Watford*****

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Steady guys, irony obviously doesn't translate too well in the written form

No irony for me.  I think if you asked Farke for his best side Xavi would be at left back, but he also backs a winning team.  That said I would expect Krul in as soon as he is fit enough.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I’ve heard he’s doing the commentary....

Hope I’m not standing in front of him.

Off for another beer😉

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

No irony for me.  I think if you asked Farke for his best side Xavi would be at left back, but he also backs a winning team.  That said I would expect Krul in as soon as he is fit enough.

I know 👍

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just watching Sky, have Watford won already ?

We are 2/1 with some bookmakers Watford mainly 6/4 but some have them at 5/4.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Just watching Sky, have Watford won already ?

In fairness you look at their starting line-up, that is a very strong team, will probably be our toughest game of the season, its just as well we have some of our players back tonight. Just got to hope we play to the level we saw 2nd half of Reading and for most of the Cardiff game.. do that and we'l have a good chance.. anything less and we wont

• Like 1

So, Foster in goal for Watford, Capoue in midfield,  Sarr also starting for them and Deeny in a two up top.

Pretty much a midtable prem team. Gonna be a tough one.

EqLjZ8kXEAMLADO.jpeg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Sorensen has done brilliantly but is up against the biggest challenge he will face today if Sarr plays wide right for them. That will be a key area/battle.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Sorensen has done brilliantly but is up against the biggest challenge he will face today if Sarr plays wide right for them. That will be a key area/battle.

But with Cantwell Buendia and Dowell they’ll be defending too much to be a threat!😉

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Everyone knows Hanley has more pace than Sarr 😉

Two really good line ups so should be a difficult but good game.... although that means will end up a dull 0-0 (something I'd probably take if offered now!)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Steady guys, irony obviously doesn't translate too well in the written form

Okay, my bad - you were being ironic. Not sure the McLean haters are though...

24 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yeah, Farke hasn't got a clue has he?!

He doesn’t drop players who are in form and who don’t need a rest so obvious that those two players would keep their places. 

Will be delighted with a point, we are going to lose sooner or later and Watford are a very good side.

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Two really good line ups so should be a difficult but good game.... although that means will end up a dull 0-0 (something I'd probably take if offered now!)

Happily take a draw away to Watford anyday!

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Really like this line up , will be nice to see what dowell is about , 2_1 city.😂

Pre season Farke was very praising of Dowell. That is normally a good sign. We haven't see much of him yet but hopefully his time comes. One thing he does bring is that he has a very good shot on him, often from the edge of the area. It's one area where we might do better from. Looking forward to seeing him grab the number 10 role alongside Emi.

22 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Hope I’m not standing in front of him.

Off for another beer😉

If you've had one of those turkey balti pies I think he will be glad too.😷

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Pre season Farke was very praising of Dowell. That is normally a good sign. We haven't see much of him yet but hopefully his time comes. One thing he does bring is that he has a very good shot on him, often from the edge of the area. It's one area where we might do better from. Looking forward to seeing him grab the number 10 role alongside Emi.

I mean during his short little cameo when he got subbed on near the end before despite not being at full fitness he still almost scored straight away

Can't wait to see him tonight at full fitness, big big game for him to impress and make a stake for our number 10 spot in Farke eyes

Suspect Watford will start fast but could be got at on the counter. Shame neither of our out-and-out pace merchants are fit. This Xisco chap managed a Dynamo Tbilisi side that got butt-f-u-c-k-e-d 6-1 by KI Klaksvik, from the footballing powerhouse of the Faroe Islands.

Granted, a couple of the goals were goalie errors, but most were due to getting carted on the counter.

Our strongest team is our fittest team. And we know these guys are in form. Why change it? There is no need prior to kick off.

Should any be off form then we will soon see and changes can be made knowing the bench is much stronger than amonth ago.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Suspect Watford will start fast but could be got at on the counter. Shame neither of our out-and-out pace merchants are fit. This Xisco chap managed a Dynamo Tbilisi side that got butt-f-u-c-k-e-d 6-1 by KI Klaksvik, from the footballing powerhouse of the Faroe Islands.

Granted, a couple of the goals were goalie errors, but most were due to getting carted on the counter.

I mean yes we don't have much pace.. But a through ball to Pukki on the counter is always juciy

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

If you've had one of those turkey balti pies I think he will be glad too.😷

Where are you sitting Hermy

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean yes we don't have much pace.. But a through ball to Pukki on the counter is always juciy

Here you go. One set of highlights....

35 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Krul ?

Well yeah obviously him too! But obviously he’ll come straight back into the team with McGovern replacing Barden on the bench. I was more pointing out the sheer amount of good outfield players we have to choose from when they’re all fit.

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

They just said Deeney is turning out for his 14 (Fourteen)th Manager at Watford. Is that a record for a player at one Club? 

Got me thinking, to play under 14 different Norwich managers you'd have had to have been signed by Worthington, or Mike Walker if we're not including caretakers. 

• Like 1