Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And so Bojo, lacking his mojo, becomes only the 2nd PM to cancel Xmas

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Let's be frank, if BoJo had any honour, he'd have offed himself by now.

Rumour has it the OED is to introduce a new verb to the English lexicon:

"JOHNSON" - To fu*ck, and fu*ck-up everything with which one comes into contact. 

Edited by horsefly

The clowns are the people still travelling to spread covid all over the country.  Just spotted one of my neighbours hopping in his car to deliver presents in a Tier 4 area.

Edited by paul moy

17 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The clowns are the people still travelling to spread covid all over the country.  Just spotted one of my neighbours hopping in his car to deliver presents in a Tier 4 area.

Let’s try one more time.

Johnson 8 weeks ago wrote into U.K. law what you could and couldn’t do at Christmas.

I assume as we knew about the mutation on the pink un message board and also the effect this would be having at Christmas that the PM must have also known. It was also stressed 8 weeks ago that this mutation was spreading faster.

Why are you telling U.K. citizens they are thick when this decision was made by Johnson not them ? All they did was follow his advice. I called him a clown 8 weeks ago when he announced it, you stuck up for him then and now amazingly you are sticking up for him now. He didn’t make a mistake, he did something reckless so people would vote for him and didn’t give a toss about how many he killed.

Like I said I have voted Tory all my life but this guy is out of his depth, he will tell whatever lies he thinks necessary, just like a child forgetting what he said 2 days ago.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Let’s try one more time.

Johnson 8 weeks ago wrote into U.K. law what you could and couldn’t do at Christmas.

I assume as we knew about the mutation on the pink un message board and also the effect this would be having at Christmas that the PM must have also known. It was also stressed 8 weeks ago that this mutation was spreading faster.

Why are you telling U.K. citizens they are thick when this decision was made by Johnson not them ? All they did was follow his advice. I called him a clown 8 weeks ago when he announced it, you stuck up for him then and now amazingly you are sticking up for him now. He didn’t make a mistake, he did something reckless so people would vote for him and didn’t give a toss about how many he killed.

Like I said I have voted Tory all my life but this guy is out of his depth, he will tell whatever lies he thinks necessary, just like a child forgetting what he said 2 days ago.

Yes, it was reckless in my mind and I agree and said it at the time,  but not all would agree, as you well know, but unfortunately Johnson has to take this and many things into account, and one is to not be seen to be a dictator, and to be acting on balance with  the science, mental health, economy etc all being taken into account. The science has changed over the past week. 

Even if Johnson had banned xmas people would still ignore the rules and this was what he was taking into account and trying to rule by consent which is basically how the UK system works. That is why he is still allowing one day for xmas gatherings, which again I have already said I don't agree with.

Very many people don't agree at all with lockdowns and he is trying to strike a balance.  Leadership is not easy with so many stupid people to govern.

I will add that I have never used the word 'thick' ever in my posts and never intend to as I regard that as abuse which is not appropriate in debate, so you do lose some credibility there.  

Edited by paul moy

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Paul "It's always someone else's fault" Moy.

Well, I've been obeying the rules since day one.  People are ignoring rules and are not self-isolating when testing positive or picked up through track and trace, not wearing masks when close up to other people, drinking to excess, and even partaking in demonstrations, and today travelling out of Tier four areas when told explicitly not to do so.  That is hardly Boris's fault so it REALLY IS actually someone else's fault.... IE: the perpetrators of this stupidity.   It is sadly typical of you Herman not to reason logically and to  make a really stupid comment. 😎

Edited by paul moy

The lack of trust, eroded over ten years of cuts and sell offs in the NHS, now a mere skeleton devoid of vital staff needed, was generated by the Conservatives, those who are now stripping the money tree of its last leaves, having enriched their pals, without wanting to be accountable for the billions they spaffed against a wall, to quote Johnson, have GOVERNED BY DECREE, not acted in balance, dictatorial flip flopping of the worst kind, so much so that his own supporters are cringing.

Where are the army navy and air force medics? If this vaccine roll out is not hellishly important now with a second strain hitting us full square, so who is rolling out vaccination over christmas, non stop?

What happened to our Nightingale hospitals, a massive expense, standing empty as many EU medics left feeling uncomfortable with the anti migrant slogans and the windrush scandal?

A little help here for those who genuinely looking for staff and not just bargain basement, just staff. 11 pages of job seekers, highly qualified and trained.

https://www.medi-jobs.de/stellengesuche.php?plzort=&land=&berufsfeld=&beruf=&einsatzgebiet=&jobart=&was=&seite=1

Mind, if you are too stagnantly proud, not looking balanced and or could not be seen to ask for help at a time when your people are suffering from your bad leadership and aloof ignorance of facts, then you rather let the victims or your actions die than to be seen grovelling.

35 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Well, I've been obeying the rules since day one.  People are ignoring rules and are not self-isolating when testing positive or picked up through track and trace, not wearing masks when close up to other people, drinking to excess, and even partaking in demonstrations, and today travelling out of Tier four areas when told explicitly not to do so.  That is hardly Boris's fault so it REALLY IS actually someone else's fault.... IE: the perpetrators of this stupidity.   It is sadly typical of you Herman not to reason logically and to  make a really stupid comment. 😎

He knew exactly what was coming down the road, with pages of evidence, he even had the gall to mock the opposition leader merely 3 days before, and he let people make plans, buy food etc to have as good a Christmas as possible. Then on the 11th hour he pulled the plug. 

His lack of leadership and your blind obedience, North Korean style, is why this country is knackered. Sort yourself out and start questioning some of these dreadful decisions. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

The lack of trust, eroded over ten years of cuts and sell offs in the NHS, now a mere skeleton devoid of vital staff needed, was generated by the Conservatives, those who are now stripping the money tree of its last leaves, having enriched their pals, without wanting to be accountable for the billions they spaffed against a wall, to quote Johnson, have GOVERNED BY DECREE, not acted in balance, dictatorial flip flopping of the worst kind, so much so that his own supporters are cringing.

Where are the army navy and air force medics? If this vaccine roll out is not hellishly important now with a second strain hitting us full square, so who is rolling out vaccination over christmas, non stop?

What happened to our Nightingale hospitals, a massive expense, standing empty as many EU medics left feeling uncomfortable with the anti migrant slogans and the windrush scandal?

A little help here for those who genuinely looking for staff and not just bargain basement, just staff. 11 pages of job seekers, highly qualified and trained.

https://www.medi-jobs.de/stellengesuche.php?plzort=&land=&berufsfeld=&beruf=&einsatzgebiet=&jobart=&was=&seite=1

Mind, if you are too stagnantly proud, not looking balanced and or could not be seen to ask for help at a time when your people are suffering from your bad leadership and aloof ignorance of facts, then you rather let the victims or your actions die than to be seen grovelling.

10 years of cuts thanks to a 160 Billion annual deficit bequeathed by Brown and his cronies who stated 'we have abolished recessions'.  Not to mention of course the devastation to pensions since 1997 thanks to Brown's removal of dividend tax credits.   

Amazing indeed that Labour lost the last election by a landslide majority of 80 seats for the Tories when they are supposed to be so perfect , according to their indoctrinated acolytes.

Perhaps there was a reason for that ... LOL

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Let’s try one more time.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/20/sudden-u-turn-over-christmas-boris-johnson-caps-year-of-debacles?

Rawnsley is one of the more moderate reporters yet this piece makes for a critical analysis of decisions made and cabinet performances generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

He knew exactly what was coming down the road, with pages of evidence, he even had the gall to mock the opposition leader merely 3 days before, and he let people make plans, buy food etc to have as good a Christmas as possible. Then on the 11th hour he pulled the plug. 

His lack of leadership and your blind obedience, North Korean style, is why this country is knackered. Sort yourself out and start questioning some of these dreadful decisions. 

The dreadful decisions were by people to go along with the nonsensical idea that a wonderful xmas could be had.  Boris offered advice as he was under pressure from media, Labour etc to allow xmas to go ahead , he didn't force people to do silly things.  

It does now leave a huge number who were expecting to be eating Xmas lunch with family, or even staying a few days now having to sort out 'festive' food for the day(s).

And a cynic might suggest that fatboy was given his instructions not shut down until the last possible moment.

Never mind the death bell rolling - it's the tills ringing that are more important.

After all, what's a few thousands more dead - the election has been won, and they can be seen merely as a bit more minor collateral damage.

As was the case in March

14 hours ago, kick it off said:

Are you really this thick or just trolling?

In Paul's case I would say both, certainly that's tbeen true for the last four years and now even with Brexit out of the way (in the way that he hoped for) doesn't seemed to have pleased him or brought him even vaguely within touching distance of reality............🙄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paul moy said:

Boris offered advice as he was under pressure from media, Labour etc to allow xmas to go ahead , he didn't force people to do silly things.  

No. But if the prime minister repeatedly does and say silly things there's a good chance people will follow his example. He shouldve led by example. His leadership is worse than Norwich in the Hamilton and Roeder years

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul moy said:

The dreadful decisions were by people to go along with the nonsensical idea that a wonderful xmas could be had.  Boris offered advice as he was under pressure from media, Labour etc to allow xmas to go ahead , he didn't force people to do silly things.  

No !

Only 12 % of people were following his instructions to mix over Christmas ( there were more thinking ). The rest 77% at the time and increasing were ignoring him as his plan to mix over Christmas was considered idiotic by the British Public, they chose to listen to the science rather than Johnson ( alias CoCo ). You are saying only idiots would mix, but the cabinet led by Johnson were in a small minority saying it was ok to mix. He lied because he thought he was making everybody happy, but in reality they were thinking of him as an idiot.

So please explain if you can, who were the stupid ones, Johnson for telling people 3 households could mix for 5 days, despite knowing of a major mutation, or the majority of the British public that felt he was talking complete rubbish and to scared to face upto reality.

Yet again just saw him on the news mixing with no mask on ? Do you support this ?

This is the sort of reason people say they don’t have to wear a mask.

7 hours ago, paul moy said:

Absolute complete and delusional tripe!!

Johnson did not offer advice, he defined a set of rules in total contradiction to the scientific advice he had received, he mocked Starmer and others who queried the wisdom of his decisions, and then three days later he came out with a pack of lies about the science changing in a truly pathetic attempt to cover up the fact that for the umpteenth time he had totally screwed up - after dithering and dithering he had finally made a decision, the wrong decsion, and also for the umpteenth time done a complete u-turn but even a complete u-turn doesn't undo the effect of the announcements he'd already made and which people had acted upon.

Nothing had changed in those three days, Sage and other scientists have been warning for weeks and weeks that the proposed lifting of restrictions for Christmas would be disastrous. As others have already pointed out we've also known about a new variant of the virus for weeks. The only recent development was that the idiot chancer Johnson had finally realised that yet another of his high risk gambles had blown up in his face.

The really hilarious part of your post is when you say the 'dreadful decisions were by people to go along with the nonsensical idea that a wonderful xmas could be had' - in other words you blame people for following the rules that the Government laid down whilst in other posts you blame the total shambles unfolding around us on people not following the Government rules.

Frankly you appear to be as stupid and confused as Johnson himself but still you have the delusional belief that it is all other peoples' fault for following the government rules, or for not following the government rules as the case may be, and indeed assuming they are keeping up to date with the almost daily changes in the rules and able to untangle the frequently contradictory messages coming from the government.

As I've said already, you have got what you voted for and your pathetic attempts to rewrite history, and now it seems the present as well, simply aren't going to wash because this a a crisis that we all have direct practical experience of.

Peddle as hard as you like but I don't think you're going to find any takers for your ridiculous delusional twaddle.

Oh, and whilst we're on the subject of your delusiona the idea that Johnson, or almost certainly his successor, has any chance of retaining the seats in the north that they won for the first time at the last GE is one for the birds, as you would know very well if you lived here or ever received any reliable info from up here.

But it seems that you and the Daily Express are very well matched, and if you can live through this crisis in your own delusional bubble then I can't imagine you ever regaining contact with reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being a Southerner living up North since July I can vouch for that CM. 
It now looks as though he decided the rest of the world didn’t need to know about our variant until the last few days, maybe he thought the same as he did in March that it would go away after 12 weeks. It now seems that whilst a full investigation is carried out most of the World are cutting off the U.K. from any way in to their Countries.

Another fine mess you got us into, or whoever he chooses to blame this time.

21 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The Russian violinist was quite happy with his flip. Allegedly. 

20201214_141044.thumb.jpg.d03c0dfdf806cc2a6c93ceaa5b2ef1cf.jpg

Now I see, combining the Oxford with Sputnik was nothing to do with the vaccines! 😂

Edited by Indy

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

It now looks as though he decided the rest of the world didn’t need to know about our variant until the last few days, maybe he thought the same as he did in March that it would go away after 12 weeks.

On the basis of that single word I must disgree wbb 😉

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Now I see, combining the Oxford with Sputnik was nothing to do with the vaccines! 😂

Anyone else noticed Sputnik is an anagram of   S p u n k    it?   Seems apt.  😇

• Haha 1

The man wants the  kudos of being PM but is so gutless when things go wrong. He runs back to his bunker and sends out other ministers to take the flak.

Completely gutless, clueless and a disgrace. Getting close to 70000 deaths and he still hasn't got a plan.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The man wants the  kudos of being PM but is so gutless when things go wrong. He runs back to his bunker and sends out other ministers to take the flak.

Completely gutless, clueless and a disgrace. Getting close to 70000 deaths and he still hasn't got a plan.

Agree with everything you say Grandadio, except that I believe that he does have a plan, it just doesnt benefit anyone but him and his chums, so there's no way he'd make it public. 

Congratulations Turkeys, you may not have actually voted for Christmas, but thats exactly what you're getting...... well done, for convincing yourselves that this man is a fit and proper person to lead the country. I'll repeat that....... FIT and PROPER.

Edited by wcorkcanary

What a ****ty end to a ****ty year.

Boris and co have made an utter hash of this all- the idea that Johnson was pressured by Labour and the media to allow Christmas loosening is just fundamentally absurd but what else can you exppect from Moy. As KG says, there is no doubt Boris wanted to be the hero who saved Christmas and is still far too concerned with how things look 'politically' than actually doing the right thing.

However, I do have some sympathy for Moy in that there is still a large element of personal responsibility that some people seem to reject. It isn't all on the Government and I do see some people talking as if none of the issues can be pinned on people refusing to follow even the most basic rules.

• Like 1

This is how big a mess we are in. Pfizer have also confirmed there will be no more vaccine deliveries until this is sorted out. On the one hand I don’t want these rumours proved correct that he refused to tell WHO in September as our Country could be locked down and our borders closed for weeks, on the other hand surely he would have to resign.

Boris Johnson is holding emergency talks to avert Christmas food shortages after France banned freight and travel from the UK.

The prime minister is chairing a crisis Cobra meeting of senior ministers and officials amid fears in Whitehall that some imported foodstuffs could run out in as little as two weeks.

Mr Johnson was forced into action after France and several other European countries responded to his Tier 4 COVID lockdown in southeast England by announcing a two-day travel ban from the UK.

I doubt there has been a more incompetent and shameful comment made at the despatch box made by a PM in living memory

Those sickening words of bravado and bluster amply sum up this charlatans time as PM - if not as an adult as well (1min in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDOdaK5Zqj0