Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And so Bojo, lacking his mojo, becomes only the 2nd PM to cancel Xmas

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I doubt there has been a more incompetent and shameful comment made at the despatch box made by a PM in living memory

Those sickening words of bravado and bluster amply sum up this charlatans time as PM - if not as an adult as well (1min in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDOdaK5Zqj0

Who thought you could get Worse than Blair at spinning tales eh.

Seems even the Tory press realise that trying to defend this buffoon's lies and incompetence is a lost cause - as they too have finally pointed out what a shtfest he is causing

And they, at last, also grasp the enormity of what lies ahead, even if we miraculously appoint decent leadership

On 20/12/2020 at 11:14, Well b back said:

Let’s try one more time.

Johnson 8 weeks ago wrote into U.K. law what you could and couldn’t do at Christmas.

I assume as we knew about the mutation on the pink un message board and also the effect this would be having at Christmas that the PM must have also known. It was also stressed 8 weeks ago that this mutation was spreading faster.

Why are you telling U.K. citizens they are thick when this decision was made by Johnson not them ? All they did was follow his advice. I called him a clown 8 weeks ago when he announced it, you stuck up for him then and now amazingly you are sticking up for him now. He didn’t make a mistake, he did something reckless so people would vote for him and didn’t give a toss about how many he killed.

Like I said I have voted Tory all my life but this guy is out of his depth, he will tell whatever lies he thinks necessary, just like a child forgetting what he said 2 days ago.

Johnson allowing the easing of restrictions so that people could enjoy Christmas would be equivalent to Churchill telling Londoners in 1940 that they don't need to go down to their air raid shelters for a few days so they could enjoy Christmas at home. It's a totally irresponsible statement to make. Most people you hope would do the sensible thing but there is always a sizeable number who just can't be told how to behave responsibly, whether it is social distancing or mask wearing in public, and seize on utterances of the PM as an excuse to behave badly. A very poor state of affaires.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I doubt there has been a more incompetent and shameful comment made at the despatch box made by a PM in living memory

Those sickening words of bravado and bluster amply sum up this charlatans time as PM - if not as an adult as well (1min in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDOdaK5Zqj0

As someone who is full of bravado and bluster over the issue of (not) wearing face masks, You are not really in a position to chuck stones.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

As someone who is full of bravado and bluster over the issue of (not) wearing face masks, You are not really in a position to chuck stones.

Maybe, maybe not but either way he is by no means the only ones chucking stones nor is he chucking them without significant justification - it has been obvious to most of us for a long while than Johnson is a total incompetent as well as a serial liar but his absolutely outrageous stupidity and duplicity last week appears to be a turning point for his own MPs and his previously friendly and supportive pals in the media.

One thing that we've seen over many years is that the Tory party is pretty good at recognising when their leader has become an electoral liability and entirely ruthless in disposing of them at that point - Johnson seems to have reached that point.

Having said that, I've always believed (and still do) that all the candidates to replace him are determined to wait until Johnson also picks up the blame for the Brexit shambles that is already unfolding - so Johnson won't be replaced until the spring, probably not until the summer, and possibly not even until autumn 2021 but he is effectively toast and very, very unlikely to be PM this time next year.

20 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Talking out of your ars again hand crank

My view on face masks has not changed - in fact, given the past few months it has merely been strengthened

And my thoughts do not carry the weight, or responsibility of a Prime Minster

I suppose it is too much to expect you to address the points made next rime

9 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Maybe, maybe not but either way he is by no means the only ones chucking stones nor is he chucking them without significant justification - it has been obvious to most of us for a long while than Johnson is a total incompetent as well as a serial liar but his absolutely outrageous stupidity and duplicity last week appears to be a turning point for his own MPs and his previously friendly and supportive pals in the media.

One thing that we've seen over many years is that the Tory party is pretty good at recognising when their leader has become an electoral liability and entirely ruthless in disposing of them at that point - Johnson seems to have reached that point.

Having said that, I've always believed (and still do) that all the candidates to replace him are determined to wait until Johnson also picks up the blame for the Brexit shambles that is already unfolding - so Johnson won't be replaced until the spring, probably not until the summer, and possibly not even until autumn 2021 but he is effectively toast and very, very unlikely to be PM this time next year.

Would you see taking on the job of clearing up the mess left by Johnson as a sensible career move - it would need the complete removal of a third rate cabinet

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Would you see taking on the job of clearing up the mess left by Johnson as a sensible career move - it would need the complete removal of a third rate cabinet

No not at all, its the very definition of a poisoned chalice even if the next guy manages to pin all the blame for the Covid and Brexit shambles  onto Johnson (which shouldn't be too difficult) thay still have to address both the social and economic damage inflicted by Johnson's government and I don't see anyone in the Tory party who has any solutions to offer on those issues.

I've always believed that the next Tory leader will come from the backbenches - the current Cabinet are utterly useless and talentless yes men and women who are fatally tainted by their slavish support for the idiot Johnson.

But even for a backbencher becoming PM isn't really as attractive as it should be - leading the Tories into the 2024 election is a career ending position so one that is only going to appeal to a senior figure who is happy to be PM for a few years before retirement, any of the younger challengers who have a brain (off-hand I can't think of any 😃) will be aiming at becoming PM in 2029.

Bizarre as it seems, even to me, I just can't see past Jeremy Hunt as the next PM  🥴

33 minutes ago, Herman said:

😂 Classic, I have to say that I'm baffled as to why they're baffled - surely this is a just routine case of Johnson telling a pack of lies and trying to convince us that things are as he would like them to be rather as he knows they actually are.

I've completely given up listening to Johnson's briefings and announcements because they are fact free and a complete waste of everybody's time, unless you are of a very gullible persuasion (Jools or Swindo for example) who find re-assurance in the lies of chancers like Johnson - but I get the impression that even their numbers are starting to shrink.

It seems as though the Brexiteer narrative is gradually shifting from the Pied Piper of Hamelin to the Emperor's New Clothes  🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

😂 Classic, I have to say that I'm baffled as to why they're baffled - surely this is a just routine case of Johnson telling a pack of lies and trying to convince us that things are as he would like them to be rather as he knows they actually are.

I've completely given up listening to Johnson's briefings and announcements because they are fact free and a complete waste of everybody's time, unless you are of a very gullible persuasion (Jools or Swindo for example) who find re-assurance in the lies of chancers like Johnson - but I get the impression that even their numbers are starting to shrink.

It seems as though the Brexiteer narrative is gradually shifting from the Pied Piper of Hamelin to the Emperor's New Clothes  🤣

I tuned in last night but won't bother again. There needs to be some mechanism for better holding people like Johnson to account. He got asked last night about why he kept over promising and underdelivering and completely ignored the question in favour of again over promising by talking about a return to normality around Easter.

Our entire political class seems to now be totally shameless without a shred of accountability. I do wonder how well someone who came into politics and actually tried to answer questions properly and truthfully would do- I imagine quite a few people would see it as a breath of fresh air.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, king canary said:

I tuned in last night but won't bother again. There needs to be some mechanism for better holding people like Johnson to account. He got asked last night about why he kept over promising and underdelivering and completely ignored the question in favour of again over promising by talking about a return to normality around Easter.

Our entire political class seems to now be totally shameless without a shred of accountability. I do wonder how well someone who came into politics and actually tried to answer questions properly and truthfully would do- I imagine quite a few people would see it as a breath of fresh air.

Billy Connoly had it right...anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically  be barred from doing so. 

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Latest number has climbing towards 2000.

I never believed the 174 quoted in the first place...you could look at the very latest photos to see that figure was a 'optimistic'. Perhaps they've come up with a new way of counting!! That kind of thing seems in vogue.

Either way, it's quite a shocking sight to see in some ways and perhaps the standstill acts as a simple metaphor for life and this administration. I'm not sure it's going to get better soon.

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I never believed the 174 quoted in the first place...you could look at the very latest photos to see that figure was a 'optimistic'. Perhaps they've come up with a new way of counting!! That kind of thing seems in vogue.

Either way, it's quite a shocking sight to see in some ways and perhaps the standstill acts as a simple metaphor for life and this administration. I'm not sure it's going to get better soon.

Indeed. 
Boris acts like footballers did before there were cameras everywhere. Within two minutes of him saying last night small quees the BBC were showing pictures and giving evidence that he was telling more lies, or at best people were telling him what he wanted to hear, rather than the facts.

Apparently he is now insisting on lateral flow tests, but quite rightly the French are insisting on full PCR tests. He has totally lost control. After hiding the mutations for 3 1/2 months he is still confused as to why the world is spooked. Had he informed WHO this need never of happened, but he knew the world would probably tell the U.K. to lock down to contain this new rampant virus.

14 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Latest number has climbing towards 2000.

There is now footage on the BBC of Manston airport quickly filling up. Which is Ironic as ukip campaigned to get it reopened. 

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

There is now footage on the BBC of Manston airport quickly filling up. Which is Ironic as ukip campaigned to get it reopened. 

Photo here.  "Operation Brock" is alive!

Operation Brock: Aerial footage shows scale of massive lorry park at Manston airport - Kent Live https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/operation-brock-aerial-footage-shows-4822364

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Billy Connoly had it right...anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically  be barred from doing so. 

Indeed and Plato said the same thing in The Republic (circa 375 BC)

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Indeed and Plato said the same thing in The Republic (circa 375 BC)

Actually, IThink Billy Connolly  said it first in circa 376 BC.😉 

I bow to your superior  education and knowledge.  I am but a book less serf.  

18 hours ago, Herman said:

UK facing 'very serious' supply chain disruption

Duncan Buchanan, director of policy at the Road Haulage Association, said he was "very disappointed" with how the government presented the levels of freight disruption on Monday evening, saying they were "seeking to minimise the nature of the problem". 

Prime Minister Boris Johnson told a briefing on Monday that the number of lorries waiting on the M20 had been reduced from 500 to 170, although Highways England later said there were 900 lorries parked on the M20 as of 18:00 GMT. 

Mr Buchanan said the UK was facing "a very serious problem". 

"This is a very different level of supply chain disruption, of the like we have probably never experienced," he told MPs on the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy committee. 

"Many of the retailers are saying... we will be fine until Christmas at least, but we must recover very fast to keep the shops fully stocked after Christmas. It's a big worry."

I just hope Brexit and this pandemic changes our ways and we go back to producing as much seasonal food as we can rather than having Sprouts in July and Strawberries at Christmas.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I just hope Brexit and this pandemic changes our ways and we go back to producing as much seasonal food as we can rather than having Sprouts in July and Strawberries at Christmas.

This is a good point, and one I think the brexiteers@Rock The Boat @Jools and @paul moy have either advocated or would agree with. I would hope the UK could supply more of its own food, too

But I don't think the UK can currently produce enough food to feed itself without imports? Also, there is the issue of cost. Some foreign produced foods are just...cheaper. Which is important to those on low incomes 

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Actually, IThink Billy Connolly  said it first in circa 376 BC.😉 

I bow to your superior  education and knowledge.  I am but a book less serf.  

Ha ha! Plato's point was basically the same as many of us would think now; people who want to be politicians are by definition the sort of people we really don't want to be politicians. Hence he advocated the (undemocratic) view that we needed to be led by "philosopher kings" motivated by wisdom and benevolence rather than by a group of individuals motivated by the pursuit of power. It's also interesting to note that Plato was very critical of the Sophists whose only interest was cultivating the skills to win arguments and achieve power, rather than pursue the truth. Spin doctors have obviously been around for a very long time.

For sure!  I am sceptical by nature and the bullshoite  shennanagins that surround politics  and defending  of 'positions'... even on here, make me despair.  

And despite the usual shte from the buffoon, and the toadying guff on here, the reality is

"NHS leaders have raised concerns about the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine, with more than half of hospital trusts and two-thirds of GPs yet to receive supplies amid growing alarm over the new fast-spreading variant.

Dr Richard Vautrey, the chair of the British Medical Association’s GP committee, urged the government to speed up delivery of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in order to save lives. Experts also demanded greater transparency from ministers on how many doses are available."

it's yet another failure to deliver

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/22/nhs-leaders-raise-concerns-pace-covid-vaccine-rollout

Edited by Bill

20 minutes ago, JF said:

It’s not all bad news for Boris!! He’s well on his way to being the inspiration behind a potential Christmas number 1!! 

** bad language alert on link**

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-kunts-boris-johnson-is-a-****ing-ct-is-in-the-running-to-be-uk-christmas-number-one-2844307

Ah sorry I didn’t know this had already been put on here, I just put it on another thread.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

And despite the usual shte from the buffoon, and the toadying guff on here, the reality is

"NHS leaders have raised concerns about the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine, with more than half of hospital trusts and two-thirds of GPs yet to receive supplies amid growing alarm over the new fast-spreading variant.

Dr Richard Vautrey, the chair of the British Medical Association’s GP committee, urged the government to speed up delivery of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in order to save lives. Experts also demanded greater transparency from ministers on how many doses are available."

it's yet another failure to deliver

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/22/nhs-leaders-raise-concerns-pace-covid-vaccine-rollout

Thanks for that Bill, they left themselves wide open when ‘ they decided to do it themselves ‘ rather than leave it to the NHS and / or the military. So wide open that I don’t think this report is 100 % correct. Personally as I understand it they are correct in saying we were expecting 5 million doses by the end of the year, however 1 million of those were Pfizer, the other 4 million Oxford AstraZeneca, which of course has not been authorised yet.

If the government figures are correct however at 500,000 vaccinated, then we have a problem because the other 500,000 will be needed for dose 2 starting in a couple of weeks, in which case till we get some more or Oxford is approved we have run out. There are stories in the Midlands of course of the usual suspects jumping the queue, but that is hear say at the moment.