cambridgeshire canary

Injury updates- Cantwell and Hugill out until late December/early january (Although Hugill may need surgery), Mclean out 4 months and Xavi still out for an unknown peroid

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All from the offical Twitter page. When it rains etc etc

January transfer window looking very interesting now.

Ten games to go till January 

With the number of games coming up and the number of missing first teamers January may be too late.  On loan players are on season long loans except for Famewo but he is currently injured.  Possible academy players who may have been called are injured.  This is a crisis down to 15 available some of who were doubtful but not mentioned in press conference.

Jesus. So for the next six games, we will definitely be without:

Quintilla, Byram, Dowell, Hernandez, Mumba, Idah, McLean, Cantwell, Hugill.

The likelihood of going through those six games without accruing any further injuries are virtually nil. We can't rotate the squad if we haven't got enough fit players to rotate it with!

Krul's nailed on in goal (god help us if he gets injured), but as far as outfielders go we have the following:

Defenders: Aarons, Gibson, Hanley, Zimmermann, Sorensen
Midfielders: Tettey, Skipp, Rupp, Placheta, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Martin, Buendia
Strikers: Pukki

Does anybody know definitively the situation with our loanees  ie can any of them be recalled at any point before the end of the season? 

Edited by Gordon Bennett

So who is available?

Looks like:

Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Sorenson, Vrancic, Skipp, Emi, Stiepermann, PP, Pukki

as the 11 which is actually decent but past that, whos on the bench with McGovern and Zimmermann?

Every cloud has a silver lining only half are regular starters and with some their absence will actually improve the squad 

6 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Does anybody know definitively the situation with our loanees  ie can any of them be recalled at any point before the end of the season? 

Webber apparently was at Coventry on Friday, presumably to watch McCallum, so maybe we can recall him in January?

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

So who is available?

Looks like:

Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Sorenson, Vrancic, Skipp, Emi, Stiepermann, PP, Pukki

as the 11 which is actually decent but past that, whos on the bench with McGovern and Zimmermann?

Well there's Rupp, who has been one of our best players so far this season, but the only other one you've missed is Josh Martin. Beyond that, we're looking at untried kids.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well there's Rupp, who has been one of our best players so far this season, but the only other one you've missed is Josh Martin. Beyond that, we're looking at untried kids.

isn't Rupp injured?

I missed Tettey as well ironically! 😆

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

isn't Rupp injured?

Is he?! He played the whole match on Saturday...?

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

isn't Rupp injured?

Think we all do, best smile on earth. Much as he is getting on a bit, I have no doubt he will make a step up tommorow should it be needed

ttt.jpg

50 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All from the offical Twitter page. When it rains etc etc

January transfer window looking very interesting now.

Whaaaaaaaaat?!

This is definitely one Cambridgeshire thread that deserves life.

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Is he?! He played the whole match on Saturday...?

he's a doubt apparently. Tettey as the back up defensive mid so at least we are covered there

Time for Tettey to come into the midfield for a couple of games. thats no bad thing especially at somewhere like Stoke.

The left back situation is infuriating because you did not need hindsight to see this situation arising. Its a c**k up.

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen

Tettey Skipp

Buendia Stipermann Placheta

Pukki

We are one injury to Pukki, Aarons or Sorensen away from a bit of a disaster. I can;t see us getting through all these games unscathed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

he's a doubt apparently. Tettey as the back up defensive mid so at least we are covered there

Yes, you're right. Just found it on the official report from the club: he's 'a doubt' with a hamstring problem. Aggravate it and you might end up with two months on the sidelines.

The trouble we have now is that the players that are still fit will be put under increased load, thus increasing their risk of getting injured... it's a vicious circle.

PS its 3 weeks for Cantwell and Hugill and 6 weeks for McClean (estimate) so the thread title is a little (possibly deliberately) misleading but even so its not a good situation. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

My understanding is that all of the loanees can be recalled in the January transfer window if we so wish. 

• Thanks 1

Which comes back to a point I made yesterday;

Are players being 'pushed too hard' in training, to get to a level of fitness that puts too much strain on the leg muscles  - as the number of short term muscle injuries is now beyond what I have previously known

And that, if correct, doesn't bode well for the upcoming period of two games a week

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

My understanding is that all of the loanees can be recalled in the January transfer window if we so wish. 

Unfortunately we have another 10 games (11 if you count Jan 2nd) before then

At the rate we are currently injuring players we will be lucky to have a full eleven to field by then

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Sorry to be a pain in the ****, but how reliable do you believe your understanding to be? 🙂

Just now, Bill said:

Unfortunately we have another 10 games (11 if you count Jan 2nd) before then

At the rate we are currently injuring players we will be lucky to have a full eleven to field by then

This is the problem I outlined above, Bill. The more players injured, the less possibility for rotation and thus the more opportunity for further injuries due to excessive load.

In the next four weeks we play eight matches; we don't go more than three days without a competitive fixture. Even if Hugill and Cantwell are back for the last couple of those, that's one hell of a long time for us to be relying on 15 players.

With 5 subs now allowed it would have provided for players to play far less than 90 mins - being 'rest' substitutions' rather than tactical.

And it looks like Farke's willingness to play the youth may become a necessity rather than an option

I think we just need to consolidate until January now, hopefully Cantwell and Hugill come back earlier than expected.

Get some of the youngsters in the mix, keep the players we do have wrapped in cotton wool and hopefully we will still be there or thereabouts in January where we can reconcile and mount a final push for the top 2 with a deeper squad with some players back from their loans or new signings made.