cambridgeshire canary

Injury updates- Cantwell and Hugill out until late December/early january (Although Hugill may need surgery), Mclean out 4 months and Xavi still out for an unknown peroid

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Time for Tettey to come into the midfield for a couple of games. thats no bad thing especially at somewhere like Stoke.

The left back situation is infuriating because you did not need hindsight to see this situation arising. Its a c**k up.

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen

Tettey Skipp

Buendia Stipermann Placheta

Pukki

We are one injury to Pukki, Aarons or Sorensen away from a bit of a disaster. I can;t see us getting through all these games unscathed.

More Tetty is always a good thing. Is getting on a bit and can't quite see him lasting a whole match, but I have no doubt that he has both the experence and attitude that is needed in these kind of sitations.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Points lost cannot simply be recouped.

There is no 'consolidation'. We have to battle for every point over the coming 10 games - whilst taking a long hard look at what is causing these injuries, There are too many similar for it to be coincidence

3 minutes ago, Big O said:

Drmic and Leitner have to come in don’t they? 

Still don't have squad numbers and I'm pretty sure neither of them want anything to do with us. If they were to be called back into the team I highly doubt their hearts would be in it regardless.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still don't have squad numbers and I'm pretty sure neither of them want anything to do with us. If they were to be called back into the team I highly doubt their hearts would be in it regardless.

No better way of putting yourself in the shop window though surely?

I agree far from ideal but needs must, these are two potentially quality players that we are paying, we might as well use them. Drmic would be invaluable right now and Leitner could play midfield or wide if he had too to give Buendia a breather.

we are a Pukki, Buendia injury away from being in the sh*t. 

18 minutes ago, Big O said:

Are then any frees floating about on short term contracts? 

Bassong?

Reduced training, free transfers or youth players are the only options. Leitner and Drmic should be brought back even if used as subs when we are winning games.

Oh and maybe make McGovern an outfield player.

Edited by KiwiScot

15 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Oh and maybe make McGovern an outfield player.

rush goalie

• Haha 1

People are forgetting we have Ricardo, Lakey, Nutty & Til on stand by all fit Covid free and ready to step in tomorrow night! 👍😉

Edited by Indy

On the plus side we'll have a whole host of rested up and fit to play players at the very time other clubs have piled up injuries due to the strenuous pre-Christmas run in.

The only bright spots are that it would seem that only Hugill is unavailable from last Saturday's line-up, that we have a spare central defender and have, dare I say it, two players on the payroll that in theory could be utilised to good effect.

My biggest fears are injuries to Pukki and Krul. That apart we can, as things stand at the moment, just manage to scrape through with the hope that one of the youngsters at least can step up.

I am, of course, ignoring the fatigue factor, the possibility of further injureds and the fact that it seems that Farke will not be able to make full use of the new substitute allowance that he favoured so much. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Why is every injury these days 4 to 10 weeks recovery?

Because the players need to finish the box set that they embarked upon when first injured.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Why is every injury these days 4 to 10 weeks recovery?

I think it's a reflection on the nature and cause of the injuries. A lot of them are muscular rather than skeletal, which is indicative of excessive load. Sadly, the more players we have injured, the more likely the remaining ones are to succumb to similar injuries. We simply have to rotate some youth players between now and January, or we risk picking up more serious injuries to key players.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What we thinking game of thrones? 🤔

'The Crown' is a light strain.

'Breaking Bad' more serious.

'Better Call Saul' is tendon, whilst 'Game of Thrones' is a leg-break.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think it's a reflection on the nature and cause of the injuries. A lot of them are muscular rather than skeletal, which is indicative of excessive load. Sadly, the more players we have injured, the more likely the remaining ones are to succumb to similar injuries. We simply have to rotate some youth players between now and January, or we risk picking up more serious injuries to key players.

It would seem that many are due to excessive strain during training.

Farke has repeatedly said players are selected through commitment in training.

Being super fit might allow for late goals but that 'over work' is now being seen in the injury list

I can remember turning up at QPR one Boxing Day to find that Alan Taylor had come out of retirement. I'm sure Hucks6 could give us 20 minutes if needed 

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

'The Crown' is a light strain.

'Breaking Bad' more serious.

'Better Call Saul' is tendon, whilst 'Game of Thrones' is a leg-break.

I actually did pull a week long sickie from work when I got really into Breaking Bad 😅

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Just wonder how  other Champs teams with smaller squads are coping right now and looking ahead to the amount of games to play in the coming weeks...cant believe City are the only club in this league without such injury woes.

Anyone notice that Liverpool have lots of injuries? I think it is a mixture of too many games,, no preseason, bad luck. I can't believe ncfc are stupid enough to flog the players. Many managers are complaining that the various football authorities are not putting players welfare first........what a surprise!

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

It would seem that many are due to excessive strain during training.

Farke has repeatedly said players are selected through commitment in training.

Being super fit might allow for late goals but that 'over work' is now being seen in the injury list

Well at least we're top of the league, eh? Means something must be working. The irony is that the only position where we look relatively well-stocked is centre back! 😉

Our starting line up is still pretty awesome and our manager has experience of making the most of the resources he has available.

We can get through this. No need for the doom mongering. 

• Like 1

Doom mongering? I thought that was the whole point😀. Top of the league, unprecedented times with pandemic yet still people pick holes, makes me smile so let them keep it up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think it's a problem because Daniel Farke likes a very fit team that is capable of pressing for most of a match. To accomplish this we do double training. It obviously works because we do well, both at first team level and at u23s. But...the downside is the load as you've suggested.