kirku

Delia calling for fans' return

49 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Sounds like she is in the vino again

It was the cheeky line after the second bottle which pushed her over the edge. 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Experts at keeping kids off streets? 

Average age of a STH must be 55 at Carrow Road and there won't be any casual tickets, she's cuckoo. 

Agree - it seemed very out of place.

Assume she was talking generally, as Norwich doesn't exactly have a huge problem with street crime, nor the knife crime she referenced.

• Like 1

When the time is right we all want to go back. I wonder if she ever puts on the National or Local news to see what is happening another week like this and Norfolk may be tier 2

God help us! Indeed Delia if you really think football keeps kids off the streets and gangs...for 90 minutes every two weeks! 😂👍 bless her, those young scallywags getting into trouble! She must be referring to Nutty & Ricardo!  😉💚💛

Edited by Indy

Definitely been at the gin

wonder she didn’t go into a
“””Let’s be having  yer Boris””””

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Experts at keeping kids off streets? 

Average age of a STH must be 55 at Carrow Road and there won't be any casual tickets, she's cuckoo. 

Agreed. Not the most helpful supporting comments.

On the general principle good to see her make the point though. There should be a plan to facilitate 1,000 to 5,000 fans in the stadium albeit that it may need to be dependent on case rates being lower than at present.

3 hours ago, kirku said:

Agree - it seemed very out of place.

Assume she was talking generally, as Norwich doesn't exactly have a huge problem with street crime, nor the knife crime she referenced.

You obviously have not been anywhere near Mile Cross lately.

I now there will be differing views but football seems to be sending out the wrong messages at the moment. This comes as Germany have just moved back to ‘ behind closed doors ‘.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

But she does have a point regarding how daft it is that Norwich City are allowed to show games inside but it is deemed unsafe for fans to sit out in the fresh air, suggests she is not the only one that has been at the gin, vino, drugs etc........

I agree.

It is bending the rules a bit though note how she says ‘ our restaurants ‘.

I wish I could be back at FCR but I am of an age where you won’t get me in the stadium let alone the restaurant, but it does seem strange you can’t have 1,000 in the stadiums based on 200 in the restaurants, if I was forced to do one it wouldn’t be in the restaurant.

Maybe bend the rules again, start serving food to your seat in the stadium and call it an outside restaurant area.

'Fans' have been attending during government restrictions. Of course if you're not a privileged pensioner who sits in the directors box you haven't been allowed to attend, but those that are the aforementioned haven't missed a game.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Agreed. Not the most helpful supporting comments.

On the general principle good to see her make the point though. There should be a plan to facilitate 1,000 to 5,000 fans in the stadium albeit that it may need to be dependent on case rates being lower than at present.

I think 98% of the country wants to see light at the end of the tunnel and a sense that normality won't be too far away.

But the comments are poorly timed also, what with France and Germany just announcing national lockdowns and the latest daily death figures the highest they have been since May.

Nothing more important than a public health issue, including our club wanting to make a couple of million at a time when we probably can't claim to be in a desperate situation, however frustrating this loss of revenue might be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Maybe bend the rules again, start serving food to your seat in the stadium and call it an outside restaurant area.

I'm sure bending the rules would be excellent PR for the club when one of the punters catches coronavirus and dies. 

8 hours ago, kirku said:

Yeah possibly, although look at ticket prices at Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and it really shows that she's out of touch with the real world if she thinks kids from inner-London council estates will watch Arsenal at 3pm instead of stabbing an op at 3am. 

Right on all counts TvB.

Poorly timed, an intervention last month may have been helpful, not now.

The comment about youngsters watching live football as an escape from gang culture comes from another planet.

Equally why not comment about the potential financial structure review of football?

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Right on all counts TvB.

The comment about youngsters watching live football as an escape from gang culture comes from another planet.

Equally why not comment about the potential financial structure review of football?

She must be going a bit senile.

If she was really looking for an angle, a much more sensible one (at a more appropriate time) would be that its important to get people out of the house for fresh air and to be around other people due to the mental health crisis which is accompanying the pandemic. 

Might get a few more on board with that.

Saw this on the local news. Initial reaction; what planet? Obviously concerned about her purse.

Complete waste of time and as always world events have quickly moved on, even overnight. Poorly timed and out of touch. Says it all really.

In terms of football stadiums the limited crowd inside isn't the issue, getting them in and out and the travelling to and from, sometimes on public transport most definitely is.

I think that she's got a point. Perhaps the timing is not perfect due to the current hastening  in the spread of the thing and when lockdown rather than release seems to be the order of the day, but the idea of a reduced and spread out attendance in the open air is surely something that should have been considered long before now. Of course there will be problems with the use of toilets etc., but we are all now, for the most part, so well-versed in anti-pandemic measures that the sort general behaviour we apply to visiting the supermarket (distancing upon entry, masks etc.) would, imo, be generally conformed to.

Her talk of football clubs giving youngsters a sense of identity that helps them avoid more troublesome pursuits is also valid.  Like any hobby really, and perhaps more relateable than some. Neither did she specifically mention NCFC, nor actually attending a game for a couple of hours as being the panacea of all ills.

I feel that her "speech" was more notable by the points that she failed to make ie. the economic side of it, especially for the smaller clubs, the value of having a better (slightly) atmosphere within the ground and the fact that it will be a welcome release for at least a few in these troublesome times.

Are not Manchester United currently geeing up for some form of return of attendances? Whether they are successful with their scheme might be in doubt.

Also, jibes about drunkeness reminded me of  the way TWTD react to her. You know,  that envious lot down the road. She didn't seem particulary that way to me.

Edited by BroadstairsR

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Saw this on the local news. Initial reaction; what planet? Obviously concerned about her purse.

Complete waste of time and as always world events have quickly moved on, even overnight. Poorly timed and out of touch. Says it all really.

In terms of football stadiums the limited crowd inside isn't the issue, getting them in and out and the travelling to and from, sometimes on public transport most definitely is.

I've just come from London. The tube was quite busy (total mask wearing and more) and I noticed the busses to be the same, as they are where I live.

A few thousand travelling to a football ground is unlikely to make much difference, especiall y as those chosen or choosing will likely travel by car.

The population as a whole is pretty pandemic savvy by now. It's been long enough.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Give her a break. Most of her comments were about football in general. Good to see her talk about the no fans at all outside when they can have them inside.

The 1000 fans outside idea was a good thing and surely that could be safely  established.  The big problem is a psychological one - no fans at all is just dreadful, but even a few fans gives us all the feeling that something is happening and gives us something to latch on to. Safely distanced outside shouldn't be an issue with restricting and spacing of people outside the stadium and under the stands. 

Edited by lake district canary

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Right on all counts TvB.

She might have a point if she was talking about kids playing football. For me going to football of a saturday basically meant (once I was 16+) going to pubs, drinking all day and getting into the odd scrape here and there in some northern dump on an away day! 

Without wanting to Delia bash, I think with that interview she shows  how out of touch she is.

"Football clubs gives youngsters the sense of belonging and takes them away from the streets and all that knife crime."  What planet are you on dear to think that's in any way true?

To me, these sort of statements and jumbled media posts from Delia kind of do reflect her current state of ownership of the club. So what I mean is, that yes it's a nice thought that football on the weekends gets all those young people off the street and brings us all together (well, for starters, we all know that isn't true, look at all the eco-social issues and football isn't the neatly wrapped answer to out prayers) but it's way off the mark. But it's sweet, it's like something your nan says that you don't want to argue with you and you just think "aww bless her" 

I'm bringing this round to say I think it's like her ownership of this club in the way of she's sweet, naive and she's been good to us in the past, and we should cherish her and the memories she has made for norwich city.

But it is now time she steps down and moves on and sells up.  For where we want to be, for us to go to that next level that bless her, she has got us to the edge of, she needs to go. Delia and Micheal cannot take us any further, they haven't deep enough pockets. Fact.

I know I making a leap to it on this thread. I know I'm jumping on and Delia bashing. But I think this just shows again that she is so naive, so out of touch (probably most owners are because of their wealth) but why come on and say this. Look how many comments there are above about put the cork back in. It's just mindless dribble that your dear old nana would come out with. Clueless. 

Thank you Delia for saving us in the mid nineties. Thank you for all the support and footings you have dug for us. Thank you for the various promotions and thank you for making it a true community club. We won't forget you, but you need to go. In the same way grant holt was fantastic and dragged us from L1 to the prem, we won't forget you and we will cherish your memories, but you're not good enough for us anymore sadly.

Much like the youngsters who have known nothing other than one parent families,brought up on welfare and see gang culture as  the only way of making it through, the eco-social climate is not their friend. Much like the premier League and Delia's bank account.

Edit. Really bad mood this morning guys. Delia has just gotten it both barrells.