Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

3 points an away win, now shut up.

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It really was a strange game. Could have been 8 all!

Looked so open at times. Midfield didn't offer much of a shield. 

OTBC

Yeah, absolutely this. I still think there's a place for Tettey in this team; although Skipp and Rupp are starting to look decent together, there were too many times there was a yawning chasm where a diligent defensive midfielder should be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

I dont think this discussion forum lark is for you.

Add Jerrykerry to that as he would only have 37 not 370 posts to his name if it wasn't for moaning about people moaning.

• Haha 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Add Jerrykerry to that as he would only have 37 not 370 posts to his name if it wasn't for moaning about people moaning.

If it wasn't for JK and his 100 alias then there would only be about 3 usernames active on here. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I refer you to the title of the thread.

Can i just say it is rather ridiculous of you Lakey to tell posters to shut up in the thread title and then not expect some $hite to come your way.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

their goalkeeper looked too good 

He had a brilliant game, agreed. I think the most concerning thing is that we've gone four entire games without being ahead, until the last minute today.

If we can take chances early in the game, we can dictate the tempo and draw the opposition out, leaving space in behind to exploit. Concede first, and when the scores are level, we generally spend a lot of time playing in front of two deep banks who look to hit us on the counter.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, absolutely this. I still think there's a place for Tettey in this team; although Skipp and Rupp are starting to look decent together, there were too many times there was a yawning chasm where a diligent defensive midfielder should be.

Snap! Was going to say exactly the same thing. 

OTBC

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

I dont think this discussion forum lark is for you.

Meh, I find him quite entertaining and think his hearts in the right place regarding Norwich. 

like Wiz and Bill he seems to be quite the pantomime villain of this forum. There was people literally calling him out when we scored the winner on the match thread so he’s only giving the crowd what they want. 

From my own point of view the pessimists can go a bit ott at times....

play well and lose = moan

play bad and win = moan

play bad and lose = moan

play well and win = satisfied.

I think everyone wants the best for this club but in a competitive league if the above holds true there’s always going to so much opportunity for discontent.

• Like 1

Lakey - agree totally, not pretty, not classy, bit of a struggle not memorable , but three points - didn’t we get just 3 points last time when we put Leeds to the sword, with pure class. At the end of the year the points that matter!!

forget the performance and move on!! It will come

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can i just say it is rather ridiculous of you Lakey to tell posters to shut up in the thread title and then not expect some $hite to come your way.

Some people just feel the need to keep the age old Pinkun forum "I'm a better supporter than you" attitude going 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think Sorensen might be the one but it would be silly of any of us to write off Tettey playing a decent part.

2 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

Meh, I find him quite entertaining and think his hearts in the right place regarding Norwich. 

like Wiz and Bill he seems to be quite the pantomime villain of this forum. There was people literally calling him out when we scored the winner on the match thread so he’s only giving the crowd what they want. 

From my own point of view the pessimists can go a bit ott at times....

play well and lose = moan

play bad and win = moan

play bad and lose = moan

play well and win = satisfied.

I think everyone wants the best for this club but in a competitive league if the above holds true there’s always going to so much opportunity for discontent.

Wiz, Bill and LDC all became unpopular for a reason.

In LDCs case its his obsession with telling everyone else what to do. It takes a special level of entitlement to start a thread telling everyone who disagrees with him to shut up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think Sorensen might be the one but it would be silly of any of us to write off Tettey playing a decent part.

Beyond this season, certainly; but Tettey's on the bench and has tons of experience. In a division such as the Championship, having old hands like Hanley, Gibson, Tettey and Hugill will give us a bit extra. I'm sure Sorensen's time will come, though.

42 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

Doesn't help the toxic atmosphere on this message board by posting something like this. We should be able to discuss things in a more civilised manner and be kind to each other.......

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Doesn't help the toxic atmosphere on this message board by posting something like this. We should be able to discuss things in a more civilised manner and be kind to each other.......

DB540C33-3FDA-41B3-9D25-C99C3355A70F.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He had a brilliant game, agreed. I think the most concerning thing is that we've gone four entire games without being ahead, until the last minute today.

If we can take chances early in the game, we can dictate the tempo and draw the opposition out, leaving space in behind to exploit. Concede first, and when the scores are level, we generally spend a lot of time playing in front of two deep banks who look to hit us on the counter.

I think in some ways, Rotherham may have done us a huge favour by showing that we can be got at and that teams don't have to play like Derby did. Teams may come at us a bit more and that could suit us if the defence can stop throwing goals away. It could allow our better players more space to play

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Totally agree with this. I'm certainly more 'happy clappy' than 'nappy crappy', but I can still see plenty of concerns as well as positives from today's performance. Delighted with three points, but plenty to discuss.

• Like 1

Winning without playing well is always a good sign.

Its points that get you up, the style is an extra which will come in time in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Winning without playing well is always a good sign.

Its points that get you up, the style is an extra which will come in time in my opinion.

I'll take over times last year when we played well and still lost

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wiz, Bill and LDC all became unpopular for a reason.

In LDCs case its his obsession with telling everyone else what to do. It takes a special level of entitlement to start a thread telling everyone who disagrees with him to shut up.

Maybe right but then why not add him To

ignore? I guess my point as someone who mainly observes this forum is that condemning him just seems to feed him more than anything and the cycle continues. The most extreme of which was his feud with the poster Morty.

Not criticising you or anyone for that matter but what I notice is so many people don’t seem to be able to refrain from biting. I don’t know if he is a troll but if he is he’s one of the best... he’s got a few of the posters on here on strings.