Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

3 points an away win, now shut up.

No chance, this forum is infested with negative nancies who are literally hoping we lose so they can continue their whining. 

• Like 6

It's a fair point though. For us at this stage of the season it's about making sure we're relatively close to the mixer so we can get on a push later on when all the newer players are more settled in. Very hard match against a very motivated side who are still very fresh and up for coming up, and they turned it into their kind of game for long periods.

They could have fallen apart after conceding so early. They could have thought "not our day" when Stiepermann's goal was chalked off. They could have decided "let's not be too attacking and just get this point home" when Rotherham came on hard despite being reduced to ten, but they kept going and got a priceless win.

Of course, they can play far better. But this game showed that sometimes you earn your own luck. This was a classic example.

• Like 3

Three points all that matters. Unless we lose and then the performance is all that matters. 

• Like 1

I don't agree with the people who constantly moan, but it's a fcking discussion forum. 

Get off your high horse. You are genuinely worse than the people you're always having a go at.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

While I agree that 3 points was much needed, I can't say that's all that matters but it is very important.  The reaction after Derby was over the top as we certainly didn't deserve to lose that game.  I didn't get carried after that loss and I'm not going to get carried away after one win where the opposition had a penalty saved, missed 2 sitters and still looked capable of beating us when down to 10 men. With confidence as low as it is, a win is a win but they need to play much better than that in every area of the pitch.

Edited by seanthecanary
  • Like 1

Just think Lakey, this time last year you were 'I told you soing' after beating Man City

Now its;

Rotherham,

Who missed a pen to lead 2-0

Where we needed a OG

They had 10 men

And we needed a penalty.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

I dont think this discussion forum lark is for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, seanthecanary said:

While I agree that 3 points was much needed, I can't say that's all that matters.  The reaction after Derby was over the top as we certainly didn't deserve to lose that game.  I didn't get carried after that loss and I'm not going to get carried away after one win where the opposition had a penalty saved, missed 2 sitters and still looked capable of beating us when down to 10 men. With confidence as low as it is, a win is a win but they need to play much better than that in every area of the pitch.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Rotherham are a very average team, but we gifted them a goal, conceded a ridiculous penalty and they missed an open goal; we could have been buried before half time. Yes, we missed chances, but that's part of the problem.

There were positives in there, but there's still an awful lot to work on. We need to build on this now and win the two home games next week; tough trips to Brentford and Bristol City after that.

Not a great performance from NCFC - as Farke must have known what Rotherham would try & do

3 points is great to gain - regardless if we were never in control of a poor team

4 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

You really are an odious wankspangle aren't you lake chap? 

I'm going to see if this works. I wonder if the term mongfuttock will work?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I refer you to the title of the thread.

If you really wanted people to shut up you wouldn't have posted this.  Troll.

• Like 4

We weren’t good but we did win. I’ll reserve judgement on whether this is turning point or not, until after the next few matches. Although it does feel rather nice to win in such circumstances! 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Out muscled by a BIG team and never looked like scoring , lucky we got an own goal a penalty but I'll take it.  🙂

Never looked like scoring?! We could have had about eight!

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Never looked like scoring?! We could have had about eight!

It really was a strange game. Could have been 8 all!

Looked so open at times. Midfield didn't offer much of a shield. 

OTBC

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

FFS it was 10 man Rotherham.

Why are we not a real team? Retained most of the crown jewels, there are no excuses this season for playoffs at worst.

But agree results are everything.