A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

New Chancellor (Hunt), Philp out.

Re-arranging deck-chairs on the Titanic.

I rather hope all the dopey Tory party members that voted for her as opposed to Sunak are down in steerage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So, farewell to the man who delivered the greatest budget in living memory, or not.

Well, that turned like milk. Lasted about as long as milk too.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think the Tories are having a quite splendid case of that .... just about now.

It’s wonderful to watch and long may it continue. 

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

UHT - Usual Hopeless Tories.

UHT = Usually Hapless Truss.
U-turning Hopeless T*sser.

Edited by TheGunnShow

48 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think that is a very partisan view not held generally. Yes he might not be a larger than life character/chancer aka Johnson or as robotic as May or 'limited/inept'  as Truss but he almost certainly the right man in the right place now.

That said, he will have every opportunity it seems to launch a whole raft of centre (left) policies which will be well liked as per Blair - sort the NHS, Social Care and of course the economy. Play his cards right and I can see 3 or 4 election wins ahead.

Oh I dont doubt he is the right man for the job, and as long as no one presses the big red self destruct button like usual I could see myself voting for him

But that doesn't mean he's not largely invisible.   It's like someone brought the spitting image doll of John major to life, gave it a nasally voice and then promptly lost it in an empty room

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sweet or salty popcorn this afternoon? What's your choice? 

Meths!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Oh I dont doubt he is the right man for the job, and as long as no one presses the big red self destruct button like usual I could see myself voting for him

But that doesn't mean he's not largely invisible.   It's like someone brought the spitting image doll of John major to life, gave it a nasally voice and then promptly lost it in an empty room

You lot just voted for Liz Truss so I don't think we should be listening to your judgement on who's fun or not. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kwasi in the Khasi! The most talentless piece of **** ever to be in the Cabinet.

Very close indeed but surely Truss herself is the "most talentless piece of **** ever to be in the Cabinet", and all the senior Ministers she appointed to her Cabinet are strong contenders to be be included in the worst 10 ever.

36 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

We now have a remain PM & a remain C of Ex.

All the prominent Brexiteers have left the big stage.

*Nigel Farage is typing....*

Well, that was a very reassuring speech. Carry on Liz! Any resemblance of that phrase to the series of farcical films based upon self-induced calamities and incompetence is entirely coincidental.

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

You lot just voted for Liz Truss so I don't think we should be listening to your judgement on who's fun or not. 

I wasn't aware I was in some community with members of the Conservative party but I guess if 'you lot' extends to anyone that is not a true purist zealot then I, and 99.9% of the rest of the public, probably do fall within that characterisation.

I'm not asking you to listen to my judgement, and you wouldn't do anyway- the trees you sell sway a hell of a lot more than your opinions. I'm just having a tiny bit of fun on an average  day saying things as I see them (excuse the pun). Im not trying to win hearts and minds on a football forum.

My observation from a pretty disinterested stand point is that right now being  stealth leader is what is required.  The momentum (excuse the pun again) is with Labour and the only way they won't win is if they try too hard.

...Be honest though, you always saw Boris in full colour.  For some it was red, white and blue, to others it was pink polka dot and a big red nose while stuck on a wire.  If you really strain your mind's eye of starmer you might just be able to make out a washed out red tie with his grey suit.

He's invisible,  that's not a bad thing right now.

Edited by Barbe bleu

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Tend to agree although comment not targeted at BB whose generally quite balanced on here.

Many on here, myself included, although not generally 'Tory' argued in good faith for Sunak simply on the basis of competence as opposed to what had gone before and as to what Truss encompassed.  We could all see what the average Tory party member couldn't as to her incompetence, and what what was likely to befall Truss and the Tories (and by extension the country) if they voted for her on the basis of her blind ideology as opposed to the pragmatic Sunak.

We, and Sunak, were right.

They should, as a group, hang their heads in shame and question their sanity.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

What a year. All together now to the tune of On the first day of Xmas.

4 Chancellor's of the Exchequer 🎶🎶

Nearly 3 Prime ministers🎶🎶

2 British Monarchs🎶🎶

and Kwasi in the Khasiii🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

Seems like Truss's little press conference has failed in its primary aim - to quell the mutiny in the Tory party.

Ricardo's tumbril is being cleaned of the still wet blood from it last outing and Madame Guillotine is being readied for Monday.

Tickets anybody?

When Cummings said some time back that Truss was the craziest of the lot (‘mad as a box of snakes’) I thought, well, that is a pretty high bar she has to surmount to justify that assessment, but it seems dear Dom was right. She has soared over that bar…

• Like 1

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

When Cummings said some time back that Truss was the craziest of the lot (‘mad as a box of snakes’) I thought, well, that is a pretty high bar she has to surmount to justify that assessment, but it seems dear Dom was right. She has soared over that bar…

Is that another stupendous world beating record in Johnson speak ? The craziest yet !

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

So KK's reign becomes the second shortest in history and that's only because the previous record holder keeled over after just 30 days.

Truss's press conference was a total car crash.

What a total s*it show of a government 

No more so than than the trend of recent decades which show any party governing more than a decade find it increasingly harder to keep  hold of power in any form of stability. Once Thatcher's time was up the Tories found it increasingly hard to keep that sense of stability. When Blair entered in 97 it was all fine for a time...once Labour had chalked up a decade or so of governing it felt like change was due. The Tories have governed  over a decade now and are just there until the next GE when Labour should sweep in.

But Tories and Labour are no better or worse than each other at any given point in time in my opinion..Labour will sweep in...not because of their huge popularity but because  it is time up for the other lot..and such is how it goes with the two main parties...the failure of any kind of 3rd party to upset this systm is why it continues . Simple but true.

Just now, Essjayess said:

No more so than than the trend of recent decades which show any party governing more than a decade find it increasingly harder to keep  hold of power in any form of stability. Once Thatcher's time was up the Tories found it increasingly hard to keep that sense of stability. When Blair entered in 97 it was all fine for a time...once Labour had chalked up a decade or so of governing it felt like change was due. The Tories have governed  over a decade now and are just there until the next GE when Labour should sweep in.

But Tories and Labour are no better or worse than each other at any given point in time in my opinion..Labour will sweep in...not because of their huge popularity but because  it is time up for the other lot..and such is how it goes with the two main parties...the failure of any kind of 3rd party to upset this systm is why it continues . Simple but true.

A FPTP system practically makes it impossible for a third party to do so, unless it pretty much germinates within one of the major two parties and mutates from within (think the ERG wing of the Tories). Remember, the notion of winning seats rewards force concentration, and there's nothing remotely proportional, fair, or indeed sensible about our model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

That'll be Liz off the invite list for cocktails with the Kwartengs then? 🤔🍹🍸🤣

Apples

Fair dos, Kami said he will drop a few cocktails off at No'10, says he makes a mean Molotov.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

A FPTP system practically makes it impossible for a third party to do so, unless it pretty much germinates within one of the major two parties and mutates from within (think the ERG wing of the Tories). Remember, the notion of winning seats rewards force concentration, and there's nothing remotely proportional, fair, or indeed sensible about our model.

Your reply does have some merit, others im sure will point out that the FPTP system has served the nation well for generation after generation..but perhaps that is a topic all by itself and not one concentrating on the present Government and its leadership.