Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Away kit revealed- Annnnd it's blue

I really do not like it and the club needs to be clearer on how this "is for the heroes" other than the colour being the same as an NHS tunic. I really liked the fan created shirt with the rainbow and hoped ours would be similar. The kit that has been launched is drab and horrible at the same time, the club needs to have a long hard look at itself for agreeing to it............

Should only use blue if its in the original half an half.  Boycott this ****!  Bad move by the club and Errea.  Why the **** do we want to look like the Poormen?

• Like 1

I don't hate it but I'm not particularly impressed either. I honestly think the white rainbow kit design floating around was far better. I wonder if we can get someone to produce that and it can become the unofficial 3rd kit?

I don’t understand why it bothers people quite so much - I can well imagine the comments of disgust had we all been sat here in 1992 when we launched the egg and cress that’s now regarded as classic.  As usual I like both kits - and don’t really see the issue even if it was blue, we’ve had several come close over the years.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A Sunday league team would be disappointed with that kit. 

Yeah but you must be so relieved!

Something to be miserable about again 😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Don't forget this classic. 

image.png.a1709c3141db1cb62dd41bdf94a6ae45.png

1994/5 Relegated

1995/6 lost 11 away games - finished 16th 

Yeah, memorable......still a decent League Cup run until we lost to 'The Blues'

Blue is just wrong

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah but you must be so relieved!

Something to be miserable about again 😉

I did breathe a sigh of relief when I saw it as there’s been zero to moan about this transfer window. 

• Haha 4

I think he’ll will freeze over before I wear a blue and white kit. 

As others said, the rainbow mock up was so much better than this.

46 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is because the mock up kits then don't ever have to be manufactured.

How much a kit will cost to be made is primary concern when designing it. Having standard patterns and colours is obviously a lot cheaper than something completely original. This is why Adidas and Nike will just use a template and change the colours - cheaper production means they can offer clubs more money to secure the rights.

Yeah I get that, but at 50 quid a pop for a shirt made for pence in an Indian sweat shop a bit more creativity could be applied, as opposed to rehashing and old awful top but in a dreadful colour. 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Yeah I get that, but at 50 quid a pop for a shirt made for pence in an Indian sweat shop a bit more creativity could be applied, as opposed to rehashing and old awf top but in a dreadful colour. 

All the shirts are made in Italy at Errea's factory there. 

Awful, bland, boring and a massive anti climax. 

Maybe they should consult the fans when it comes to the away kit as the rainbow mock ups were way better.

• Like 1

We’ve had blueIsh away kits at least 3 times before in my lifetime - I don’t recall any whinging about it at the time.  It really is a first world  problem.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

For me it is not the colour of the kit, that is not the issue, for me the kit looks drab/horrible at the same time. I am far from a miserablist but I think this is a PR own goal by the club, unless there is more detail around how the kit is "for the heroes" other than it being the same colour as an NHS tunic. As others have said the mocked up white kit with a rainbow was really good, had the official kit looked similar to that I would have bought a shirt, no way would I purchase this shirt, in fact I would go as far as to say if I got given this shirt for free I would give it away..........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Isn't really blue is it.   Think this might grow on people.   Have seen much worse.  Some of the hysteria on here is a tad OTT.

I don't think we're making a quarter of the fuss that Cardiff made when they changed to red. Nonetheless away kit is the thin end of the wedge ....

Don't really like it, but it's not like we haven't had blue kits before - so some of the fuss surrounding the colour is a bit stupid but people get so angry about things nowadays it's no surprise.

I do think the club have scored a bit of an own goal with the rainbow/'for heroes' tweet the other day, I doubt anyone expected the kit that was revealed this morning.

I think we've also got to remember that Errea will have been affected by the pandemic, so I wasn't expecting any sort of groundbreaking kits this season.

"Blue and green should never be seen.". 

A blue kit with a largely green logo? Seriously? 

The fake Rainbow strip was much better. 

Hopefully it will grow on us (like a fungal toenail infection). 

I don't mind the kit at all. I think the blue is very obviously different to Ipswich. 

I'm a little confused by the dedication to key workers. There's no donation per shirt to a charity that supports them or discount to say thank you, is there?

It's a lovely gesture to dedicate it to them and involve them in the kit launch, but doesn't it seem like a half finished gesture? 

It's an away kit, not liking it is not worth sh*tting the bed over. I don't actually mind it, but I stopped buying shirts when they started to be released every season as opposed to every two.

1 hour ago, Foxy2600 said:

I don't think we're making a quarter of the fuss that Cardiff made when they changed to red. Nonetheless away kit is the thin end of the wedge ....

To be fair that was a completely different scenario. Complete seemingly permanent home kit colour change and badge change.

Our away kit being teal is a hell of a lot different than our bage being changed to blue along with our home kit