Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, percy varco said:

I think he has told the club he is off back to Germany. 

Oh please yes, I hope you're right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

No he should be given a £100 million player budget....

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets just get this bastardised season out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 and a half poor seasons there is absolutely no justification to keep him now

the team have lost interest, discipline and respect for him

time for a traditional approach to next season, Hughton in please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is absolutely not a cat in hells chance that this total shambles would be tolerated at any other club. To give the 'Head Coach' a free pass to simply ..........'carry on for as long as he likes' is insanity from any business management point of view. It smacks of utmost arrogance and dismissal of all criticism. This reminds me eerily of the rubbish that came out  of Roger Mumby's mouth immediately after the Fulham humiliation in 2005. 'He (Nigel) would have a contract for life if I could give it to him'. We all know how that panned out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine what it would have been like with a crowd over the past few games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Not sure I care either way anymore 

Think that kind of sums it up.

I dont want him gone but if he quit or was sacked I also wouldn't be particularly annoyed about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Can you imagine what it would have been like with a crowd over the past few games?

Angry. If crowds are back for the start of next season the results had better be good or it will not be a pleasant atmosphere in Carrow Road whatsoever.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

No.Because his posting was OTT, irrational, ill-informed and knee-jerk. 

Nobody is happy. Nobody is clapping.

However most are capable of seeing the bigger picture and realise that continuity with Daniel Farke is our best bet of success next season.

I don't think it's that irrational given the football we've all watched since the restart.

I agree that continuity is the best chance of success next season, but given where we are in the league and how we're playing, I think it's a bit much to shut down debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

There is absolutely not a cat in hells chance that this total shambles would be tolerated at any other club. To give the 'Head Coach' a free pass to simply ..........'carry on for as long as he likes' is insanity from any business management point of view. It smacks of utmost arrogance and dismissal of all criticism. This reminds me eerily of the rubbish that came out  of Roger Mumby's mouth immediately after the Fulham humiliation in 2005. 'He (Nigel) would have a contract for life if I could give it to him'. We all know how that panned out.

No blame for Webber?  Don’t you think Farke’s hands were somewhat tied with poor signings, even taking into consideration the lack of spending?  We’ve basically shown what playing in the PL would be like for any side in the Champs that thinks it’s good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Most people would after this season.

Yes not up to it terrible team selection and seems unable to make subs early enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

No blame for Webber?  Don’t you think Farke’s hands were somewhat tied with poor signings, even taking into consideration the lack of spending?  We’ve basically shown what playing in the PL would be like for any side in the Champs that thinks it’s good enough.

Farke signed the players, he was talking this week about lots of phone calls with Webber regarding players signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

No blame for Webber?  Don’t you think Farke’s hands were somewhat tied with poor signings, even taking into consideration the lack of spending?  We’ve basically shown what playing in the PL would be like for any side in the Champs that thinks it’s good enough.

What signings would you have made to prepare for a Premier League season with a transfer budget of less than a million quid?

Webber's hands were tied as much as Farke's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Feedthewolf said:

What signings would you have made to prepare for a Premier League season with a transfer budget of less than a million quid?

Webber's hands were tied as much as Farke's.

Who’s doing the tying of hands then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

What signings would you have made to prepare for a Premier League season with a transfer budget of less than a million quid?

Webber's hands were tied as much as Farke's.

Out of the nearly 50 players Farke has signed,  you'd have probably signed a defender or two instead of the national collection of midfielders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bill said:

et tu, Pantus ?

Yes possibly, but that depends on the degree of change within the squad and how we've actually played. I've been massively disappointed with how we've played since the restart tbh and if we start next season with pretty much an unchanged squad I will be expecting the performances of promotion winning season.

For me there are more question marks over Webber this season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Number9 said:

Out of the nearly 50 players Farke has signed,  you'd have probably signed a defender or two instead of the national collection of midfielders. 

I thought we’d been told plenty of tunes that Webber dies the signings....or does that not fit the current whinge?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

More importantly what funds would have been available to meet the contracts and transfer fee instalments the numpties think we should have committed to

Stuck with the Naismith type signings that would have to be funded by the sale of Cantwell, Aarons, Godfrey etc

Edited by Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who’s doing the tying of hands then? 

The majority shareholders, obviously, because they don't have sufficient money to inject into the club to make it competitive at the highest level. I don't think anybody is denying that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I thought we’d been told plenty of tunes that Webber dies the signings....or does that not fit the current whinge?!

Incorrect, listen to what Farke and Webber say, it's even been made public knowledge by the scouting dept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Out of the nearly 50 players Farke has signed,  you'd have probably signed a defender or two instead of the national collection of midfielders. 

I'm not saying that Farke and Webber have made no mistakes and are totally blameless. But both have been asked to make a silk purse from a sow's ear, let's face it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, City fan said:

Makes me laugh how you are accused of being a binner when you don't agree with the happy clappers. 

Makes me laugh how you are accused of being a happy clapper if you do not agree with a negative nelly.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I don’t know (not least since the one game I have watched was our one half-decent performance, in the Cup), except I think the only reaction that is not valid is the ‘don’t care’ one. I do think the restart has been a bit of a perfect  storm, starting with the news that our best two Centre backs would not be available.

I do also Farke lacks experience as a coach at this level, and that, with elements of the perfect storm, make him look as if he has lost whatever the plot might be. But if I had to bet I would say he will stay, and that various imminent signings will lift the mood.

Apart from that of Making Plans, but then they can console themselves with Mylene Farmer, who represents the very best of French pop music - and yes,that is damning with the faintest of praise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The majority shareholders, obviously, because they don't have sufficient money to inject into the club to make it competitive at the highest level. I don't think anybody is denying that.

Sounds like the frustration is growing for you too with the majority shareholders even if we do have a project ongoing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No blame for Webber?  Don’t you think Farke’s hands were somewhat tied with poor signings, even taking into consideration the lack of spending?  We’ve basically shown what playing in the PL would be like for any side in the Champs that thinks it’s good enough.

Actually... the more I reflect he should go first.

the manager should sign the players to be successful... and if it goes wrong it is his fault.

This system doesn’t work, and who would agree to work under it?

”I will pick the players, that I want. You will coach them and be a top 26 team, but will have no say in who we will sign.”

 

We are in mess. Can we sack both? Nepotism Tom to be the manager?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

except I think the only reaction that is not valid is the ‘don’t care’ one. 

 

How can you say what someone feels is valid or not? I don't care if Farke's here or not next season, if he stays we go again, if he goes thanks for last season, absolutely not bothered either way. And as a few have quoted me saying "same" I'm not the only one. 

Pretty arrogant to say someone's opinion is invalid, especially when by your own admission you're not even bothering to watch the games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't think it's that irrational given the football we've all watched since the restart.

I agree that continuity is the best chance of success next season, but given where we are in the league and how we're playing, I think it's a bit much to shut down debate.

It's irrational because DF brought some of the best football to the club that it has seen for ages and, imo. his talents are proven.

Whilst his execution has been far, far from perfect this season he was surely dealt a poor hand from the outset.

There's a lot more to take into account when evaluating our failed season that makes just clumsily honing in  on the manager,  who has just experienced his first taste of the demands of the English Premier League, in such a hackneyed and ill-informed manner.

Debate is not just a one liner asking an abrasive question, but more a posting that follows this up with sound reasoning and viable alternatives, whilst not handily discounting the progress that the club has made over the last two years, youthwise and squad wise  and to say nothing of plans for the immediate future, which seem to me to be progressing well. 

IE, the bigger picture.

 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Surfer said:

No.

Forget this restart nonsense and just move on to next year. 

Exactly this, the restart has been a total charade and utterly meaningless as far as real football is concerned.

Next season will be real football again (assuming we are allowed back into the grounds) instead of the lightweight TV reality show that is the EPL, and best of all - no VAR!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...