He is totally 100% 'bang on the money'. It's a brutal assessment but absolutely correct particularly in his opinion on our style of play and inability / unwillingness to change it!

'Its like they resigned themsleves to relegation'

I mean when you had a manager and director consistently going on about how they never expected promotion, just a free hit, only a one off, little old Norwich we wont survive only one hundred cup finals..

He has a point 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

We seem to have acquired a reputation of the team promoted to the Premier League who put less than all others into retaining that status.

Perhaps that's a credible opinion for the outsider but there's a lot of reading between the lines left undone.

We were also undone by crucial injuries at the wrong time in the wrong positions.

However, there's little doubt that our approach was poor and over protective ... by a mile. Undone by the Naismith effect or just unlucky?

The proof of the pudding now needs to lie in next season's performance. Both in respect of our own ability to re-group and the success of the other two relegated clubs; especially big spenders Aston Villa who will inevitably have a massive wage bill on their accounts, should they succumb.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Well he is a dinosaur, god knows how someone like Teddy Sheringham could play with him.

Yep played over 600 club games and nearly 90 international caps including appearing in 2 World Cups makes his opinion worthless.

Astonishing how we have gone from being the BEST EVER bottom side to this sort of thing.  That ‘accolade’ was of course slightly ridiculous - but equally, as I’ve said before, some people have rather short memories.

As for Cascarino, I couldn’t really care less what he thinks and even less about what he says. He works for talk****e and that alone is enough for me to ignore both.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Astonishing how we have gone from being the BEST EVER bottom side to this sort of thing.  That ‘accolade’ was of course slightly ridiculous - but equally, as I’ve said before, some people have rather short memories.

As for Cascarino, I couldn’t really care less what he thinks and even less about what he says. He works for talk****e and that alone is enough for me.

So are you honestly saying you disagree with what he said? You have actually listened to it I assume??

No, and I won’t.  The quote was enough for me not to need to listen and waste that time when I have better things to do.

Perhaps he's just looking at the League table rather than how much ground we've covered, the fool!

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Til obviously values his opinion 

plod drools over any opinion that slags off the club

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill said:

plod drools over any opinion that slags off the club

Shows how much you really know then doesn't it City1st ?

29 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Well he is a dinosaur, god knows how someone like Teddy Sheringham could play with him.

Bit embarrassing when people say stuff like this just because they don't like what somebody says.

Cascarino was a quality player, played in three major tournaments for Ireland.. two world cups and a euros. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, and I won’t.  The quote was enough for me not to need to listen and waste that time when I have better things to do.

That response is truly breathtaking in it's ignorance. You carry on Branston and conveniently ignore reality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The truth can sting. 

A kick in the balls is worse.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Shows how much you really know then doesn't it City1st ?

yes, restricted only to what you post on here ..... thankfully

25 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Til obviously values his opinion 

We dont have to value any opinion, but he isnt wrong is he?

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

So you think we’ve been pathetic and hopeless in every department too ?

Never listen to Talksport as none of the presenters or so called experts are worth listening.

Talksport like Saturday Special needs a refresh and bring in people who actually played the game as some point when there was a 2 at the start of the years.

Just now, City 2nd said:

as it is only an opinion there is no right and wrong...... that is often the case with opinions

sadly plods views are based on other factors - which saw him ranting and raving Aug 2018 at how bad Farke was

maybe there is some common linkage with those people

or perhaps plod soesn't like our club........... that might be one linkage

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Listening to Talk****e make my ears hurt.

I find a bit of dental drilling makes it more appealing.

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

That response is truly breathtaking in it's ignorance. You carry on Branston and conveniently ignore reality. 

Really?  Which bit of ‘pathetic’, ‘offered nothing’ and ‘hopeless’ needs expanding on to get a better flavour of what he said? I don’t have to listen to something just  because you like/agree with it do I?

For every negative point made there’s an alternative opinion, but there’s some who show too much ignorance, to use your term, to understand that fact.