7 minutes ago, Bill said:

yes, restricted only to what you post on here ..... thankfully

i suggest you look further than just what suits your plod agenda.

Have a nice evening.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

as it is only an opinion there is no right and wrong...... that is often the case with opinions

sadly plods views are based on other factors - which saw him ranting and raving Aug 2018 at how bad Farke was

maybe there is some common linkage with those people

or perhaps plod soesn't like our club........... that might be one linkage

Oh dear i think you will find City2nd was talking about the opinion of Cascarino. I expect the usual twist and squirm so carry on and be my guest.

Anymore of this i will have to think that you are following me around on here.

Edited by TIL 1010

Cascarino didn't study English Language for a degree. So his choices of phrase are limited.

But the point he is making is valid. We have all seen it.

• Like 1

If you look at the three big soundbites here ('pathetic', 'hopeless', 'offered nothing') then I think he has a point on two of them.

'Pathetic' is a bit harsh as there is clearly a longer term view here, but in terms of performance, a team who has the lowest goals for, highest goals against and by far the lowest points total hasn't really offered anything to the league and has been pretty hopeless in terms of performance, aside from the Man City win.

I'm sure if a team next season ends up with a record like this, we'd be agreeing with these types of comments. We're only taking exception because it's us.

• Thanks 1

If our entire season only consisted of the games since lockdown he might have a point, but ‘pathetic’ and ‘offered nothing’ is  unfair over the season as a whole.  

20 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So you think we’ve been pathetic and hopeless in every department too ?

Errr, we have, the league table states we are bottom that should tell you something!

Just now, City 2nd said:

Errr, we have, the league table states we are bottom that should tell you something!

So beating Man City was pathetic and hopeless? Buendia has been pathetic and hopeless?

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

So beating Man City was pathetic and hopeless? Buendia has been pathetic and hopeless?

I think you will find cascarino and many are taking it over a season,not a five minute wonder game   and who is pulling out players for a mention,  only you. Collectively the side has been very very poor.

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

I think you will find cascarino and many are taking it over a season,not a five minute wonder game   and who is pulling out players for a mention,  only you. Collectively the side has been very very poor.

But you agreed that we’ve been pathetic and hopeless, that has to include Emi and the other players individually doesn’t it ? 

Other than very few short spells, he’s right. Look at the points, look at the goals for, look at the goals against. It is pathetic. Other than one or two games, what have we offered - we haven’t offered goals, we haven’t offered defensive masterclasses and battling defensive backs against the wall spirit. We haven’t offered breathtaking scintillating football for the most part (our best performances are when we’ve played on the counter rather than the more turgid possession game).

Branston mentioned “best side ever to be bottom” - a quote from Chris Sutton originally wasn’t it? The same Chris Sutton who multiple posters on here told me talked nonsense and shouldn’t be listened to ever.

It seems if a pundit says we’re amazing, then they’re a great pundit. If they say it how it is, then they’re clueless.

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

Branston mentioned “best side ever to be bottom” - a quote from Chris Sutton originally wasn’t it?

Not that it really matters but it was Danny Murphy

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

Other than very few short spells, he’s right. Look at the points, look at the goals for, look at the goals against. It is pathetic. Other than one or two games, what have we offered - we haven’t offered goals, we haven’t offered defensive masterclasses and battling defensive backs against the wall spirit. We haven’t offered breathtaking scintillating football for the most part (our best performances are when we’ve played on the counter rather than the more turgid possession game).

Branston mentioned “best side ever to be bottom” - a quote from Chris Sutton originally wasn’t it? The same Chris Sutton who multiple posters on here told me talked nonsense and shouldn’t be listened to ever.

It seems if a pundit says we’re amazing, then they’re a great pundit. If they say it how it is, then they’re clueless.

.....and some on this forum, wouldn't have it any other way.......

3 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I think you’ll find that during lockdown it was voted on on the bbc.

My issue is that people are rather rewriting the entire season based on post-lockdown performance and forgetting all else.  Had we finished the season as it stood in late March and been relegated finishing bottom at that point, I defy people to honestly state they’d be saying the same things as now.

7 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Which of his comments is wrong? 

None of them are particularly fair for the season as a whole.  I don’t recall people saying how “pathetic” we were when 9000 of us saw us beat Spurs in the cup, for example.

Hes probably only seen our games since the restart and based his opinion on that. He won't have watched us much thats for sure. Did he say the same after we beat Man City and Newcastle? Or wasn't he prepared to use his fantastic insight at that stage?

We’re sitting rock bottom on 21 points and haven’t really looked  like we were ever capable of staying up. Kind of hard to make an argument against his points really. 

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

But you agreed that we’ve been pathetic and hopeless, that has to include Emi and the other players individually doesn’t it ? 

Answer me this, your integrity beggars belief, isnt ANY league season taken over the results of an entire season, so yes I do agree with cascarino. As for your point on buendia exactly how many goals and assists has he had  over the entire season? The fact he hasnt been a regular starter might just be your starterf for ten! And now you are calling other players into it. I recall Farke only two weeks ago stating how disappointed he was with the returns from Buendia! You my friend are flogging a dead horse. The league does not lie and norwich have been just awful all round. So yes I do agree with cascarino.

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

My issue is that people are rather rewriting the entire season based on post-lockdown performance and forgetting all else.  Had we finished the season as it stood in late March and been relegated finishing bottom at that point, I defy people to honestly state they’d be saying the same things as now.

But Norwich city were bottom of the league pre lockdown! How can you suggest supporters or otherwise have based their opinions on only post lockdown?

Just now, City 2nd said:

But Norwich city were bottom of the league pre lockdown! How can you suggest supporters or otherwise have based their opinions on only post lockdown?

Just how obtuse do you want to be?  

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Fine, but you don’t have to get all touchy about it 😉

Me getting touchy? And as for buendia, absolutely cracking, literally today. You simply cannot defend that.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Just how obtuse do you want to be?  

It's not obtuse. Its fact. You are openly stating people are forming their opinions on ncfc post lockdown performances. I'm suggesting that is not the case.

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes and the BBC article where the vote took place refers back to Sutton’s earlier comments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52328974

We were hardly brilliant before lockdown. Certainly we were better than we have been since restart, but let’s also not think we were amazing. The “best bottom side ever” tag was because we pass it round etc. We don’t just lump it up to a big man. We weren’t scoring for fun before lockdown, we weren’t picking up points. We haven’t got the worst goals for, worst goals against and fewest points because we’ve been bad in the past four or five games but amazing all season before lockdown. I’d argue the “best bottom side ever” tag was more of an overreaction than anyone now saying we’ve shown nothing all season.

Just now, City 2nd said:

It's not obtuse. Its fact. You are openly stating people are forming their opinions on ncfc post lockdown performances. I'm suggesting that is not the case.

Ok - so during lockdown you were stating how pathetic we’ve been all season?  I don’t recall any such threads/comments but given the stuff people are coming out with I must have missed many of them.

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Yes and the BBC article where the vote took place refers back to Sutton’s earlier comments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52328974

We were hardly brilliant before lockdown. Certainly we were better than we have been since restart, but let’s also not think we were amazing. The “best bottom side ever” tag was because we pass it round etc. We don’t just lump it up to a big man. We weren’t scoring for fun before lockdown, we weren’t picking up points. We haven’t got the worst goals for, worst goals against and fewest points because we’ve been bad in the past four or five games but amazing all season before lockdown. I’d argue the “best bottom side ever” tag was more of an overreaction than anyone now saying we’ve shown nothing all season.

You’re kind of missing the point, clearly we are bottom and will finish there, but at no time during lockdown did I see anyone deriding the club’s efforts as “pathetic” - unless I missed them all.  Not one supporter I know said anything close at that time.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’re kind of missing the point, clearly we are bottom and will finish there, but at no time during lockdown did I see anyone deriding the club’s efforts as “pathetic” - unless I missed them all.  Not one supporter I know said anything close at that time.

I think there was still some optimism we might pull out of it. We haven’t been pathetic all season, as I said above, but the times we haven’t been pathetic are few and far between. Before the lockdown what had we offered? Man City win. Newcastle win we looked decent. What else? Hardly anything. Is Cascarino blowing it over the top a bit - yes. But he’s not a million miles off really is he. 

Just now, Aggy said:

I think there was still some optimism we might pull out of it. We haven’t been pathetic all season, as I said above, but the times we haven’t been pathetic are few and far between. Before the lockdown what had we offered? Man City win. Newcastle win we looked decent. What else? Hardly anything. Is Cascarino blowing it over the top a bit - yes. But he’s not a million miles off really is he. 

I just don’t agree it is fair.  A bit like this c*** of a ref, seems he can’t get his cards out quick enough for our players.

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I just don’t agree it is fair.  A bit like this c*** of a ref, seems he can’t get his cards out quick enough for our players.

Oh come on Branston.  They were both red cards, cant blame the ref.