Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Club announce refunds

Club update on ticket and membership rebates

Norwich City Football Club have made the decision to begin the rebate process for those supporters that have committed to a matchday ticket or experience, or who have a seasonal product (season tickets, memberships), for our remaining Premier League games or FA Cup tie in the 2019-20 season.

The decision has been made following a recent government announcement, in which it was confirmed that no professional sport, even behind closed doors, will take place in England until June 1 at the earliest.

All supporters impacted will be entitled to a refund, with the club committed to ensuring that those affected do not miss out financially.

The club estimates that approximately 36,000 supporters will be impacted.

Refund details for each of the club products affected are listed below.

Season ticket holders and members (2019-20)

Season ticket holders and members will be entitled to a full pro rata refund for all games that they are no longer able to attend. The club will confirm full details on the refund options available and how to claim these in due course. Work is ongoing to ensure this process is as seamless as possible. 

Casual match tickets (2019-20)

Fans who have purchased a casual match ticket for an upcoming home or away league fixture, and or the home FA Cup quarter final tie against Manchester United, will have their match ticket automatically refunded by the end of May. The refund will be automatically issued onto the payment card that was used during the purchasing process.

Those who purchased tickets via any other method will be contacted by the club’s ticket office.

Matchday experiences (2019-20)

Any fan who has purchased a matchday experience, including mascot packages, for the 2019-20 season  which they will now be unable to attend will be automatically refunded. The club’s Experiences Manager will be in touch with these customers directly to confirm the refund process.

Match-by-match hospitality (2019-20)

Any fan who has purchased match-by-match hospitality for any of the club’s remaining fixtures will be automatically refunded. The club’s hospitality team will be in touch with all those supporters affected.

All at Norwich City would like to thank supporters for their patience during what remains an uncertain and ever-changing situation. We continue to ask that supporters stay safe and follow the government guidelines surrounding COVID-19.
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I appreciate it was probably inevitable, but I do wonder if this has anything to do with the purported EPL meeting today?

I am normally one to criticise the club, but cant say fairer than that.  I wonder how many other premier league clubs are doing the same? 

Edited by Ren

'The club will confirm full details on the refund options available and how to claim these in due course' 

Yep. They're gonna say they're poor and ask us not to claim. While that at it they can freeze next year's payments too as that's not going to happen either! 

5 games and the FA Cup tie will be a tidy sum of money. As kc has said nice and clear so all we have to do now is wait for the refund options to be issued which i assume will include giving you the ability to not take it.

• Like 2

Nice to see them acting early, before waiting for the inevitable announcement about the season not being finished in front of fans, or at all. Fair play.

It also reads as though members will also receive a pro-rata refund based on matches remaining too, as well as the refund on their casual ticket purchase. Also a good move by the club if that is the case, after the initial debacle members faced and continued throughout the season.

Well played!

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

5 games and the FA Cup tie will be a tidy sum of money. As kc has said nice and clear so all we have to do now is wait for the refund options to be issued which i assume will include giving you the ability to not take it.

Must say in the league 1 season I was happy to let them keep the rebate. I am afraid as we Furloughed staff and our players ( as far as I am aware ) have not taken a pay cuts then I shall be taking mine without hesitation.

• Like 1

Just got the e-mail from the club word for word as outlined in the OP.

Edited by TIL 1010

This doesn't say anything about the payments made for next season that seemed to cause a lot of discontent on here..

Damn.

Was hoping for a begging bowl and a message "please don't take your refund" with pictures of crying puppies or something, with an animated GIF below of Webber burning £20 notes.

Turns out all that speculative complaining about the club was apparently a waste of time. Until the next time, of course.

• Haha 2

No refund for next season as obviously there could be some form of in stadium matches as the season  progresses (or not).

I will wait until I see the options available before I decide but unlikely I will waive my right to a refund unless players/exec reciprocate by forgoing some of their salaries.

This is going to cost the club a pretty penny!

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Damn.

Was hoping for a begging bowl and a message "please don't take your refund" with pictures of crying puppies or something, with an animated GIF below of Webber burning £20 notes.

Turns out all that speculative complaining about the club was apparently a waste of time. Until the next time, of course.

I'd imagine any request to not take it will come when the process for claiming is announced.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Damn.

Agree with king canary. Don't get too excited about the absence of the begging bowl.

The wording is that ticket holders are entitled to a refund for matches that don't take place - no s*it Sherlock - but omits to say that there may well be a plucking of the heart strings to come.

To that end instead of Mr Webber torching £20 notes I reckon a mock-up of a sad-faced Sporting Director complete with said begging bowl Oliver Twist-style could well hit the spot 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I'd imagine any request to not take it will come when the process for claiming is announced.

So we still have half a chance of proper kicking off on here? Woohoo!

Cessna Citation Bravo Stock Photos & Cessna Citation Bravo Stock ...

"Unfortunately in the future, the Board will have to tighten their seat belts......and make some sacrifices".....

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So we still have half a chance of proper kicking off on here? Woohoo!

Surely that's just 'speculation' at this stage.... 😉

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 1

I'm sure the options will be -

Full refund for the games that won't be played.

The money to be used as credit when purchasing tickets/season tickets in the future.

The club "begging bowl" option where they plead for fans not to claim the full refund because the club badly needs financial help.

Edited by kingsway

5 minutes ago, kingsway said:

I'm sure the options will be -

Full refund for the games that won't be played.

The money to be used as credit when purchasing tickets/season tickets in the future.

The club "begging bowl" option where they plead for fans not to claim the full refund because the club badly needs financial help.

If that's the case then we all get to choose. Perfect?

The club has been very fair, the March and April payments made can be refunded by contacting the club and  requesting  a refund and receive monies within 5 days also you can put next seasons ticket on hold and resume payment when it becomes clearer if and it’s a big if football returns to CR this year

• Thanks 1

Well done to our club on being one of the first Premier clubs to offer a refund to fans , very clear statement and options to follow in due course.

Can't say fairer than that 

Edited by Diane
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree, just hope the club has enough staff on the payroll to process the refunds! 

Edited by Greavsy

Really is a sad time for all clubs, but in some ways a kick into reality for some that it is time to look at young players who are willing to play football for the love of it ,instead of the money, back in the 60s football players had other jobs - perhaps this could be the future,