sounds like he's got someone to do that for him 😉

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

sounds like he's got someone to do that for him 😉

I didn't like to say that TJ...just leaving you to find the punch line image😂

Mr Vaccine I see is now favourite to succeed him

14 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I didn't like to say that TJ...just leaving you to find the punch line image😂

Mr Vaccine I see is now favourite to succeed him

reminds me of when I was "pleased" Theresa May got the PM job that time... the least worst candidate.

If Gove gets it, I might just go find the nearest bridge (or flight somewhere else that'll have me)

Politics seems to attract risk takers, Hancock isn't the first nor will he be the last to trash his career. With Boris its already baked in and the electorate don't appear to care much, others don't  have that luxury.

Back benchers salary and income from his investments in Covid facing companies, the boy will not starve.

56 minutes ago, sonyc said:

He has the power pose needed these days for cabinet. 

IMG_20210626_201118.jpg

Looks like Labour will have to call on Austin Powers

Well the member for West  Suffolk took his time to do his 'civic duty' but Bozo passed on being a decisive leader again.

Must be something really tasty in the Sunday papers - either that or the wives in his constituency party let it be known his time's up, in which case supporting the chaps from the back benches may be a bit if a short term thing.

Bet he wishes he'd had the balls to dump on Cummings last year - it's just not fair how no-one now goes into the same blind denial on his behalf is it? 😪

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

Seems to be a big question about who planted the camera in his office.......terrible indictment of security at the highest level?  Anybody got any suggestions? I'll kick it off with a man with poor eyesight.

Well it seems it does have something to do with DC, but indirectly. The rumours and stories flying around Twitter (some from serious sources) concentrate on Carrie S having got the film and photos, passing them to her ex (one Harry Cole) who is a Sun journo and is still very friendly. Saj Javid is also a close friend of Carrie Symonds so she has been instrumental in getting Javid back into cabinet. Of course, Javid was famously sidelined by Cummings. It is one way of getting back on him.

Lots of other rumours about hidden cameras too. It stacks up then why no investigation was undertaken on the security camera leak.

You couldn't really make it up. It's all very sitcom or perhaps a dodgy soap opera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Carrie S, the new Nancy Reagan.

Democracy? 😂😂😂

Certainly she seems to have influence. 

Not PPE or the care sector fiasco etc etc that has torpedoed him. 

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Certainly she seems to have influence. 

Not PPE or the care sector fiasco etc etc that has torpedoed him. 

That's the bit which is most remarkable. In a semi-functional government, with a semi-functional media, that would have been enough to get him out.

On 24/06/2021 at 10:59, Aggy said:

Isn’t everything defeatable by viral adaptation? 

What do you mean by struggling? Aren’t they 75 per cent effective at stopping hospitalisation after one dose? Why have you specified delta - didn’t the announcement last week suggest the vaccines were equally as effective against delta as anything else, or have I missed something?

Short answer to 1st question, yes. Long answer, we don't know.

What we know is Delta is the worst so far. By far. The situation is that every new variant of concern is worse than the previous dominant variant. This is contrary to assumptions. We're still complacent.

Right now, if vaccines should lose effectiveness, we aren't getting the old  0.7% IFR with R0 3 variant. We're getting 1.5+% IFR with R0 5-6. The bloodbath would make Gamma look like picnic. But...we have the vaccines. Atleast for now. 

Pfizer's ~35% effectiveness in preventing infection with 1 dose means enormous number of chances for Delta to mutate with selection pressure heavily favoring immunity escape. We shouldn't let that happen.

11 hours ago, sonyc said:

He has the power pose needed these days for cabinet. 

IMG_20210626_201118.jpg

Who advised them that this looks good?😂

What is the Tory power pose and when have Sajid Javid, Theresa May and  George Osborne done it?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

What is the Tory power pose and when have Sajid Javid, Theresa May and  George Osborne done it?

Perfect for giving them what they all need. A gigantic kick in the crotch.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Herman said:

These go back to the work of a woman called Amy Cuddy I believe. She discovered that the body could effectively be fooled by daily practice of such powerful poses. Her book "Presence" has since sold well.

If used properly and ethically, they are one tool to help people who are shy, low in confidence etc. You would use this approach alongside other interventions.

These kinds of poses should be done privately of course for a few minutes a day. They actually can increase testosterone as well as lower stress hormones. Essentially, the mind starts to believe the body. An interesting thing. Hence her strap line "fake it to make it". Check out her 20 minute story on the web, it's moving. It's probably a good 10 years ago that her ideas took traction. There are further  research studies around the concept.

I imagine some image consultants got hold of this and saw a quick profit and then sold their ideas to the Tories around 2015 ish because there were a few at it. You can just imagine  a country house weekend location and the fun they had all parading their poses with feedback. No doubt they would have maintained diaries too.

It looked ridiculous when I saw its use first time because it is unnatural. It is something better used privately and for people who need help, not for narcissists operating in the elite section of society. Certainly not top government ministers.

Does it show us just how shallow people are to use something serious for political posturing purposes? I notice it's no longer used as much. As such,  in terms of interventions there are a broader range of workable ones to improve confidence, self esteem etc and it's arguably distasteful for political parties to use (imo) because it is a corruption of a serious purpose. But, as we know, anything goes these days.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Carrie S, the new Nancy Reagan.

Democracy? 😂😂😂

Yep, certainly a bizarre choice but then were we really expecting anything different this time given the way this chumocracy has been making appointments throughout their time in office and if Carrie  had already made her mind up...........

5 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, certainly a bizarre choice but then were we really expecting anything different this time given the way this chumocracy has been making appointments throughout their time in office and if Carrie  had already made her mind up...........

Allegedly, Portugal was put in the ok travel list too, so she and BJ could have a honeymoon! 

Clever woman that Carrie😅

Edited by sonyc

8 hours ago, Upo said:

Right now, if vaccines should lose effectiveness

What if they don’t? 

14 minutes ago, Aggy said:

What if they don’t? 

Don't spoil a good scare story.😉

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sonyc said:

These go back to the work of a woman called Amy Cuddy I believe. She discovered that the body could effectively be fooled by daily practice of such powerful poses. Her book "Presence" has since sold well.

If used properly and ethically, they are one tool to help people who are shy, low in confidence etc. You would use this approach alongside other interventions.

These kinds of poses should be done privately of course for a few minutes a day. They actually can increase testosterone as well as lower stress hormones. Essentially, the mind starts to believe the body. An interesting thing. Hence her strap line "fake it to make it". Check out her 20 minute story on the web, it's moving. It's probably a good 10 years ago that her ideas took traction. There are further  research studies around the concept.

I imagine some image consultants got hold of this and saw a quick profit and then sold their ideas to the Tories around 2015 ish because there were a few at it. You can just imagine  a country house weekend location and the fun they had all parading their poses with feedback. No doubt they would have maintained diaries too.

It looked ridiculous when I saw its use first time because it is unnatural. It is something better used privately and for people who need help, not for narcissists operating in the elite section of society. Certainly not top government ministers.

Does it show us just how shallow people are to use something serious for political posturing purposes? I notice it's no longer used as much. As such,  in terms of interventions there are a broader range of workable ones to improve confidence, self esteem etc and it's arguably distasteful for political parties to use (imo) because it is a corruption of a serious purpose. But, as we know, anything goes these days.

According to Wikipedia (which confirms as you say) even Cuddy “abandoned the theory” a few years later.

Perhaps if politicians spent less time with trap like this and more coming up with things of substance we’d be much better off. I expect though their thought process was that a decent chunk of the population are gullible enough to care more about poses than what is actually said (and they’d probably be right).

I’m late to the party on Hancock, but for me he was the worst of the bunch. Every time I saw him he just came across as incredibly smug and arrogant. Didn’t seem particularly good, struggled in interviews, and came across almost like an immature school kid in thinking he was better than he was and gave zero carps about what anyone thought of him. Thoroughly unlikeable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

According to Wikipedia (which confirms as you say) even Cuddy “abandoned the theory” a few years later.

Perhaps if politicians spent less time with trap like this and more coming up with things of substance we’d be much better off. I expect though their thought process was that a decent chunk of the population are gullible enough to care more about poses than what is actually said (and they’d probably be right).

I’m late to the party on Hancock, but for me he was the worst of the bunch. Every time I saw him he just came across as incredibly smug and arrogant. Didn’t seem particularly good, struggled in interviews, and came across almost like an immature school kid in thinking he was better than he was and gave zero carps about what anyone thought of him. Thoroughly unlikeable.

I thought you were talking about Johnson...

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I thought you were talking about Johnson...

Could be most of them. Johnson at least has a bit of self depreciating humour and, even if I think he’s a completely incompetent buffoon, the mere sight of his face doesn’t wind me up. The same cannot be said for Hancock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Allegedly, Portugal was put in the ok travel list too, so she and BJ could have a honeymoon! 

Clever woman that Carrie😅

Hadn't heard that one before, but it makes as much (more) sense as the official explanation 😀

Either way, there seems little doubt that she is very much the one that makes most of the decisions, though whether her judgement is any better than Johnson's own still seems very open to debate.

• Like 1