Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

14 hours ago, Well b back said:

The first bit was a quote from upo’s post the second part about 2 doses and the time taken between them was my response.

Are you suggesting the rest of the world do not administer the second Pfizer dose after 3 weeks ? I am a little confused.

No idea what the rest of the world do. 

The only point I made was that “the science” suggests the vaccines are equally as effective against the delta variant as any other, which is not what upo/your point suggested.

Good to see Matt getting to the bottom of things, presumably wearing his mask.

image.thumb.png.f53019184524f4e17e1d6535e121671e.png

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Not an image for a quiet breakfast!

Is this him throwing a protective ring? HIGNFY has a nice take on it:

An excuse to post a favourite Hancock mini video of Hancock doing parkour. Always makes me laugh without fail.

Edited by sonyc

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is there somewhere on the .gov web site where you can buy these giant woman shaped face masks that Hancock is modelling in todays press?

You can hire them. ...touch expensive though at £15,000

8 hours ago, Aggy said:

What’s the point you’re making? That we should ignore the effect of vaccinations?

File David Paton under BIN.

He is trying to make a partisan argument based on his blatant misreading, misinterpretation and frankly dimwitted lack of understanding (or even reading the chart notes right in front of him) of the Sage predictions on 17th February of various scenarios used to inform policy. If you go down the tweets  he even admits when put on the spot he got it basically wrong!!!

Thank God the numerate ignore him.

image.png.3ea5fd95374368584b80db8f56d15c03.png

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

lol, and while the "ban on hugs" was active... Surely a resigning matter no?

Or is it do as I say, not as I do, 1 rule for the commoners and the elites do as they please.

You can't tell me that these restrictions are completely about the virus any more.

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1408334216002215939

Edited by Tetteys Jig

10 hours ago, Aggy said:

No idea what the rest of the world do. 

The only point I made was that “the science” suggests the vaccines are equally as effective against the delta variant as any other, which is not what upo/your point suggested.

No idea where your "science" comes from but the stuff I've been reading for weeks now make it very clear that the vaccines aren't equally as effective against the Johnson variant as the others, especially at first dose which is why he had no choice but to postpone the unlock.

Ironic really, given that if he had done what he should have done (and would have had done if he paid any attention to the science himself) and closed our borders to India at the same time as he closed them to Pakistan and Bangladesh, then we would almost certainly now have a very small and decreasing number of cases, and the unlock on the 21st would have gone ahead.

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

lol, and while the "ban on hugs" was active... Surely a resigning matter no?

Or is it do as I say, not as I do, 1 rule for the commoners and the elites do as they please.

You can't tell me that these restrictions are completely about the virus any more.

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1408334216002215939

Resign for some not for others

Asked on LBC radio whether the health secretary had been "ignoring social distancing" with Ms Coladangelo, Mr Shapps replied: "I'm quite sure that whatever the rules were at the time were followed.

"You'll recall that there was a point at which social distancing rules were changed but, as I say, I don't want to comment on somebody else's private life - that is for them." 

The government's guidelines for England on hugging friends who are not part of your household states that people can exercise "personal judgement", but should remain cautious.

In May last year, epidemiologist Professor Neil Ferguson resigned from the government's scientific advisory group (SAGE) after it emerged he had broken lockdown rules when a woman he was reportedly in a relationship with visited his home.

Mr Hancock called Prof Ferguson's actions "extraordinary", adding that social distancing rules were "there for everyone" and were "deadly serious".

• Like 2

Asserted too much control on the dirty lower class and now caught with his pants down. One rule for them, another for us. Making it illegal to hug was always far too authoritarian for my liking. Sure, advise all you like but that level of control on a populace is completely bonkers.

E4t4NG6WUAAKD9Q.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Asserted too much control on the dirty lower class and now caught with his pants down. One rule for them, another for us. Making it illegal to hug was always far too authoritarian for my liking. Sure, advise all you like but that level of control on a populace is completely bonkers.

E4t4NG6WUAAKD9Q.jpeg

I thought you were talking about Johnson there for a moment.

He's toast now anyway - but then of course would Johnson want another Cumin's to spill the beans fully armed ....

41 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

So Matt Hancock, what first attracted you to the millionaire lobbyist Gina Colodangelo?🤓

It is just too easy with the poor sod!

Will Boris hold a special briefing tonight to say that Hancock did not break the rules in his judgement?

Will Hancock be sacked in a month or so?

Will Hancock go before a Select Committee and show emails where Boris has said, "all British people can die as far as he is concerned as they are useless wnakers"?

Will Boris deny the emails by sending out Nadine Dorries to explain that she has evidence that it would have been worse under Corbyn so fcuk off anyway?

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

So Matt Hancock, what first attracted you to the millionaire lobbyist Gina Colodangelo?🤓

I'm not so sure. I'm satisfied now hearing Grant Shapps. He has thoroughly reassured me 🙂.....quote here:

"former lobbyist Gina Coladangelo – who the Health Secretary met at university – would have gone through an “incredibly rigorous” process to get the job"

We need such rigour at the heart of government 😂

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Not an image for a quiet breakfast!

Is this him throwing a protective ring? HIGNFY has a nice take on it:

An excuse to post a favourite Hancock mini video of Hancock doing parkour. Always makes me laugh without fail.

This entire false government is all about jobs for the boys club, protect their own and pay them huge amounts of public’s tax money for cocking up the entire country! They have no boundaries nor anyone to police them!

Edited by Indy

59 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

By the way, I would just like to point out that I have been working tirelessly all through the pandemic.

Any candid photos?😉

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I'm not so sure. I'm satisfied now hearing Grant Shapps. He has thoroughly reassured me 🙂.....quote here:

"former lobbyist Gina Coladangelo – who the Health Secretary met at university – would have gone through an “incredibly rigorous” process to get the job"

We need such rigour at the heart of government 😂

Did he give her a stiff test?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Did he give her a stiff test?

I hear quite a grilling...though certainly she will have been well drilled for her interview.

Please...no more encouraging Ricardo.

I'm sure we will hear a statement soon enough chez Hancock.

IMG_20210625_133341.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Only sniffing the neighbour's wife's bicycle saddle.

Was she sitting on it KG?

38 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Better news here

I don't know if it will last, though. I can see the possibility of limited restrictions being reintroduced by autumn 

National

15810 -18

Local

nothing happening.

Vax

1st dose      221,534

2nd Dose     177,813

vax numbers appear to be falling, are they running out of available arms to jab?

Hospital Inpatients

1485  down 48 from yesterday

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

My main deduction from this is that the vaccine still holding out incredibly strongly... those who haven't bothered get it yet should hurry the hell up. How many fully vaccinated people ended up in hospital out of those cases?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

On the crossbar facing me!

I hope she's had both jabs.