Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

So is coronavirus bigger than Fabio Quagriiella yet?

No chance

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's rather like the cycle helmet argument. The helmet is of course good - but only if used correctly. If mandatory it might put more people off cycling then 'bad' - not that cycling is that safe a mode of transport anyway!

Ultimately it's  political decision.

Therein lies the flaw. Check up on neurosurgeons view of the fashion items. Look how it is de rigeur for a 5 year old to wear a helmet when cycling slowly but not when speeding down the path on a scooter.

All that will happen with this mask nonsense is that a huge number will comply so as to move freely rather than any concern that this might work, The purpose being that it will serve their interests, not those of society.Take a look at how better quality masks are used and fitted before use, in hospitals. Slightly different to someone with a week old dust mask sat on their nose. And if staff with proper equipment a dying, just as folk are in countries where this has been mandatory, the argument falls down.

I am minded towards the thought that ;if your names on it' WW1 view of things. As we may see far more harm done by encouraging people to put their trust in , ome cloth rosary beads as with cycle helmets.

And if it was what people naively think then why the use of so much conditional wording ?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, T said:

Have to laugh how the hard liners beautifully illustrate my point. This is about a global virus and it just happens that Germany is the Wuropeanbenchmark but some people are so obsessed by different nationalities they are more upset about what country than what we can learn about the virus and lives . The country is not important. What is important is what we can learn about dealing with the virus. So sad that some people are so hung about nationality rather than what is important is the virus. and lives. I’ve mentioned and discussed plenty of other countries but some seem hung up about Germany. People really need to get over their hang ups over different nationalities but never will. 

Don't kid yourself idiot.

. "So sad that some people are so hung about nationality ......."

That is so rich as to be unbelievable.

Thick is putting it mildly.

Resort to silly smiling faces ... you make more sense.

We have no need of a self-centred dope like you to teach us how to suck eggs.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Sad 1

I think I might have to challenge that statement Ricardo.

A good read that is not my friend 😂

German it is though so I expect T will thoroughly enjoy it 🙂

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A good read from the daily report of the Robert Koch Institute (Germany)

female deaths outnumber male deaths. The opposite of almost everywhere else, I wonder why?

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/2020-04-28-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Perhaps I misread but is that cases - not deaths - the cases reflects the general population.

"The 5,913 COVID-19 related deaths reported in Germany concerned 3,345 (57%) men and 2,563 (43%) women (**** was unknown in 5 cases)"

Edited by Yellow Fever
Death figures... added
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

What success looks like?

image.thumb.png.b71d577161c007e2fab970a0f89cd0cd.png

Yes I'd seen that earlier - however its shaded red so it must be a wrong'un to some.

Edited by Yellow Fever

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Perhaps I misread but is that cases - not deaths - the cases reflects the general population.

"The 5,913 COVID-19 related deaths reported in Germany concerned 3,345 (57%) men and 2,563 (43%) women (**** was unknown in 5 cases)"

You are correct, I misread the caption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

You are correct, I misread the caption.

No worries - 🙂. Still think EPL will have ot cancel!

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

No worries - 🙂. Still think EPL will have ot cancel!

All moving that way.

14 minutes ago, BigFish said:

What success looks like?

image.thumb.png.b71d577161c007e2fab970a0f89cd0cd.png

I saw this on Twitter too (follow John Ben Murdoch who retweeted). Scotland and Wales dropped off but England continues to increase. Yet if the 8th was the peak then surely these lagged figures will drop sharply soon.

As to the comment that Johnson is hard right. Then yes he is.

He is anything that he thinks will suit his own position. When campaigning the London mayor election he put over the idea of an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

As a very weak personality the known danger is that he will say what he thinks others want to here - never argue a corner in case it affects his popularity...because that is all he has to offer.

Certainly no substance, principle or the thought there is any concern other than for himself.

Something that has had a wider exposure in the past few months....and will only get more obvious as this crisis progresses.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

He is anything that he thinks will suit his own position. When campaigning the London mayor election he put over the idea of an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

As a very weak personality the known danger is that he will say what he thinks others want to here - never argue a corner in case it affects his popularity...because that is all he has to offer.

Certainly no substance, principle or the thought there is any concern other than for himself.

Something that has had a wider exposure in the past few months....and will only get more obvious as this crisis progresses.

So going by that logic he is also hard left 

Name one policy that you'd consider hard right please

France all shops open on may 11 th ( not bars or cafe)

Infant and nursery schools to open too

Looks like a three stage strategy with the next phase due on June 2nd

700 k tests a week

If infection rates increase at any time lockdown ( maybe regional) will be reintroduced

100k travel limit

Edited by Bagster

9 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Please dont do this here.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

As Lord Heseltine said

"Boris Johnson...... is a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T said:

Have to laugh how the hard liners beautifully illustrate my point. This is about a global virus and it just happens that Germany is the Wuropeanbenchmark but some people are so obsessed by different nationalities they are more upset about what country than what we can learn about the virus and lives . The country is not important. What is important is what we can learn about dealing with the virus. So sad that some people are so hung about nationality rather than what is important is the virus. and lives. I’ve mentioned and discussed plenty of other countries but some seem hung up about Germany. People really need to get over their hang ups over different nationalities but never will. 

image.jpeg.f206687dcd48f70bed7f95766002a5d5.jpeg....Yer......

Aha, cry the tea leaves gazers the end is nigh, the number of deaths are dropping so it won't be long now.

Blissfully ignoring the  reality of what will happen when restrictions are lifted. This is not the blitz. There is not going to be an all clear when no further deaths will occur because the 'raid' is over. The death rate has not any great meaning - beyond the huge impact it has on those who knew each individual.

The real indicators can be found when we have some idea why some die and some don't. Why the village of Eyam in Derbyshire, which 'sealed itself off' with the plague only suffered 25% mortality ie why did the other 75% not catch the disease ?

Is the rising number of youn of younger victims an indication of any mutation, as with the number of children now being reported as having virus like symptoms ?

Why are the numbers of BAME  deaths higher ? Is it due to a higher number working in the NHS etc, or lack of access to medical care as in the US, or even some genetic cause ?

Who cares, as long as the death toll continues to fall*  all is well

* that it has risen again today should not be a reason to scoff at this latter day soothsayers

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

As Lord Heseltine said

"Boris Johnson...... is a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.”

And what makes you so enamored with the silver-spooned millionaire Michael Heseltine that you need to cling onto his verbosity in order to make a point?

nb. I'm no lefty any more, but I still refuse to use the deferential term "Lord."

Scrub the lot of them.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Who cares, as long as the death toll continues to fall*  all is well

* that it has risen again today should not be a reason to scoff at this latter day soothsayers

We don't know if it has risen (or fallen) oday we'll only get a good idea in another 2 or so days once we have counted most of the deaths that occurred yesterday.

A downwards trend was obvious and it is likely to continue, albeit at a decreasing rate.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

And what makes you so enamored with the silver-spooned millionaire Michael Heseltine that you need to cling onto his verbosity in order to make a point?

nb. I'm no lefty any more, but I still refuse to use the deferential term "Lord."

Scrub the lot of them.

Here here......or is that a little too lord like response 😂

18 minutes ago, Bagster said:

What I would consider.....is being a member of the Tory party

What others might consider

EU migrants had been able to “treat the UK as if it’s part of their own country” for too long. "

Claiming that the children of single mothers were “ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate.” 

Tim Montgomerie, Johnson’s adviser on social justice until the election, suggested last month that he wanted to forge a “special relationship” with Viktor Orbán’s Hungary, added that Johnson and the authoritarian Orbán shared a populist agenda and praised Hungary’s “interesting early thinking” on the “limits of liberalism.”

Unfortunately I suspect you imagine that party or government policies are a direct reflection of the leaders views rather than being a collective gathered from the cabinet.

The truth is that Johnson blows with the wind. He will do what it takes to win, or to keep, power and adjust his opinions to suit. Like Groucho Marx, his real position is: “These are my principles and if you don’t like them… well I have others.” That makes him open to manipulation, or persuasion by those around him, and also vulnerable to the impact of external events.

That you choose not to see this, is your prerogative - but it does not make it any less the truth