Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

An "economist"

I thought he was the one who owned a string of nursing homes in Cambodia, or am I getting mixed up with the one who sold champagne in Brussels ?

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

imagine your local supermarket doing the same - you would simply take your custom elsewhere, to a shop where there are not endless restrictions, delays at the checkout and higher prices

I'd have to imagine coz it is not going to happen !

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'd have to imagine coz it is not going to happen !

Because they are successful businesses

whereas with Brexit it has already happened

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

I thought he was the one who owned a string of nursing homes in Cambodia, or am I getting mixed up with the one who sold champagne in Brussels ?

He hasn't made his mind up yet today. Given his disgusting misogyny yesterday I could believe he owns brothels in some poor country.

Just now, horsefly said:

You keep posting the same story, is this really the only "positive" case you can find? Christ you're desperate.

one that has as its sole merit

it isn't as bad as first feared

imagine that on the side of a bus

Brexit ... not everything will be fcked up

• Haha 1

And the Brexidiots don't even get it that Nissan are happy because they have just taken a massive bribe from the tax-payer courtesy of a spiv government desperate to find a positive story. Such retarded fools.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

And the Brexidiots don't even get it that Nissan are happy because they have just taken a massive bribe from the tax-payer courtesy of a spiv government desperate to find a positive story. Such retarded fools.

And the workers are happy , that make me happy 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

And the workers are happy , that make me happy 

So, do you simply ignore the unhappiness of the many more thousands of others whose livelihoods are being destroyed by Brexit? All businesses, and all workers are equally important, yet you allow yourself to be fooled by this one example. How sad.

Edited by horsefly
  • Confused 1

More disaster strikes the EU as yet another bullet dodged by Brexit. 

AstraZeneca to cut Covid-19 vaccine delivery to EU by 60 per cent, in fresh blow to bloc

The firm was expected to deliver about 80 million doses to the EU by the end of March, but now only 31 million will be delivered

The UK will not be affected by the shortfall, insiders stressed, because the majority of doses, produced in conjunction with the University of Oxford, are manufactured in this country  

AstraZeneca is to cut deliveries of its Covid-19 vaccine to the European Union by 60 per cent in the first quarter of the year due to production problems, in a blow to the bloc’s efforts to push back against the virus.

The British firm was expected to deliver about 80 million doses to the 27 EU countries by the end of March, but now only 31 million will be delivered.

The decrease will further hamper Europe's Covid-19 vaccination drive after Pfizer and partner BioNTech slowed supplies of their vaccine this week, saying the move was needed because of work to ramp up production.

The UK will not be affected by the shortfall, insiders stressed, because the majority of doses, produced in conjunction with the University of Oxford, are manufactured in this country.

A spokesman for AstraZeneca, said: “While there is no scheduled delay to the start of shipments of our vaccine should we receive approval in Europe, initial volumes will be lower than originally anticipated due to reduced yields at a manufacturing site within our European supply chain.

“We will be supplying tens of millions of doses in February and March to the European Union, as we continue to ramp up production volumes.”

AstraZeneca told EU officials at a meeting that the cut was due to production problems at a vaccine factory in Belgium run by its partner Novasep, the EU official said. Novasep was not immediately available to comment.

EU governments "expressed deep dissatisfaction with this," EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides said on Twitter after the announcement.

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So, do you simply ignore the unhappiness of the many more thousands of others whose livelyhoods are being destroyed by Brexit? All businesses, and all workers are equally important, yet you allow yourself to be fooled by this one example. How sad.

Tell me those thousands and I will show you thousands at Nissan

https://www.ft.com/content/cc6b0d9a-d8cc-4ddb-8c57-726df018c10e

Ian Perkes, who voted Leave to “take back control” of Britain’s fish stocks, looks out at the quayside at Brixham and contemplates the possible collapse of a fish exporting business that has been running for 44 years. “Boris came down here and promised us free trade — but this isn’t free trade,” he says. “We’re two weeks into the new year and we will go bankrupt.”

Nor has Johnson yet been able to fully articulate what he intends to do with the sovereignty and regulatory freedom he had secured at such cost. One City bank executive says: “They haven’t got the first clue.” Chancellor Rishi Sunak has talked of a fresh regulatory regime for the City, with new rules to develop innovative markets such as green bonds and to promote tech start-ups. On a January 6 Zoom call, Johnson asked 250 business leaders to suggest ways in which Britain might exploit its newfound freedom.

The red tape and trade bureaucracy that Theresa May had tried to remove with her “bespoke” deal were, however, painfully evident: 215 million import and export forms to be filled in every year, costing business £7.5bn according to HM Revenue & Customs.

This is a terrible deal, they don't have a clue what they want to do with the sovereignty that they negotiated.

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

That's still people losing jobs, the two things you have mentioned do not balance each other. 

You are a very stupid man.

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

That's still people losing jobs, the two things you have mentioned do not balance each other. 

You are a very stupid man.

Plenty of negatives of Brexit being revealed, mountains of new red tape, increased cost for business, jobs lost, shortages of customs staff. Advantages? Not one.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

More disaster strikes the EU as yet another bullet dodged by Brexit. 

AstraZeneca to cut Covid-19 vaccine delivery to EU by 60 per cent, in fresh blow to bloc

The firm was expected to deliver about 80 million doses to the EU by the end of March, but now only 31 million will be delivered

The UK will not be affected by the shortfall, insiders stressed, because the majority of doses, produced in conjunction with the University of Oxford, are manufactured in this country  

AstraZeneca is to cut deliveries of its Covid-19 vaccine to the European Union by 60 per cent in the first quarter of the year due to production problems, in a blow to the bloc’s efforts to push back against the virus.

The British firm was expected to deliver about 80 million doses to the 27 EU countries by the end of March, but now only 31 million will be delivered.

The decrease will further hamper Europe's Covid-19 vaccination drive after Pfizer and partner BioNTech slowed supplies of their vaccine this week, saying the move was needed because of work to ramp up production.

The UK will not be affected by the shortfall, insiders stressed, because the majority of doses, produced in conjunction with the University of Oxford, are manufactured in this country.

A spokesman for AstraZeneca, said: “While there is no scheduled delay to the start of shipments of our vaccine should we receive approval in Europe, initial volumes will be lower than originally anticipated due to reduced yields at a manufacturing site within our European supply chain.

“We will be supplying tens of millions of doses in February and March to the European Union, as we continue to ramp up production volumes.”

AstraZeneca told EU officials at a meeting that the cut was due to production problems at a vaccine factory in Belgium run by its partner Novasep, the EU official said. Novasep was not immediately available to comment.

EU governments "expressed deep dissatisfaction with this," EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides said on Twitter after the announcement.

I don’t get why that’s something to celebrate ? How does that help the world get vaccinated ? 
This thread is called the positive Brexit thread are you saying people dying in Europe is a positive ? Wow !

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

At times your stupidity takes you to a whole new level

Far from there being job losses and companies re-locating out of the EU, it was to be a Great Leap forward

What we are seeing is the stranglehold of backward looking regulation, choking UK businesses within days if implementation

What next ?

Someone sets fire to your house, and you claim it is ok because parts of it aren't burning yet ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Utterly stupid, and utterly morally bankrupt. 

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I don’t get why that’s something to celebrate ? How does that help the world get vaccinated ? 
This thread is called the positive Brexit thread are you saying people dying in Europe is a positive ? Wow !

The far right always have had a rather sickening attitude towards the rest of humanity

best to block before he gets onto a 'solution'

49 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Ian Perkes, who voted Leave to “take back control” of Britain’s fish stocks, looks out at the quayside at Brixham and contemplates the possible collapse of a fish exporting business that has been running for 44 years. “Boris came down here and promised us ...............

A bit of an obvious clue there you might think 🙄

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

The guy is not worth responding to, he just spouts the same BS everytime: "The EU is a dictatorship", "The EU is sclerotic", etc,etc. day after day just the same repetitive, boring, opinionated bile of a proven racist, xenophobe, and misogynyst. Never provides an argument for his loathsome opinions, and simply disappears the moment someone refutes his guff with evidence. A complete low-life that represents all that is contemptible in the worst and most bigoted Brexiteers.

I understand what you say....

But I like to engage with people who have a different opinion to me

Sometimes it's  productive, sometimes a waste of time 

Just now, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I understand what you say....

But I like to engage with people who have a different opinion to me

Sometimes it's  productive, sometimes a waste of time 

Yep! I have the same attitude, but with this particular loathsome specimen I found I had to block on moral grounds because of the hideous mysogyny he  displayed yesterday: "Most women are 'bought' in one way or another...... as a person with a 12 year old mentality you are probably blissfully unaware"

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Yep! I have the same attitude, but with this particular loathsome specimen I found I had to block on moral grounds because of the hideous mysogyny he  displayed yesterday: "Most women are 'bought' in one way or another...... as a person with a 12 year old mentality you are probably blissfully unaware"

That wasn't Paul's finest moment, that's for sure 😟

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

That wasn't Paul's finest moment, that's for sure 😟

But sadly it's not untypical. He has no desire to engage in debate, only vent his bile in expressing his desire for the economic collapse of the EU and a hope for thousands of more deaths of EU citizens from Covid. The man is morally repugnant. It is possible to find Brexiteers who are prepared to debate the issues and who wish no harm to the EU or its citizens. Sadly they don't seem to turn up on here. 

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

But sadly it's not untypical. He has no desire to engage in debate, only vent his bile in expressing his desire for the economic collapse of the EU and a hope for thousands of more deaths of EU citizens from Covid. The man is morally repugnant. It is possible to find Brexiteers who are prepared to debate the issues and who wish no harm to the EU or its citizens. Sadly they don't seem to turn up on here. 

and you see no resemblance to what RTB posts

deeply offensive stuff to provoke response

Just now, Bill said:

and you see no resemblance to what RTB posts

deeply offensive stuff to provoke response

I suspect it's from the same guy, certainly the same mindset. I blocked RTB the moment he made that disgusting comment about the child rape victims of Epstein.