Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Person A - "If you vote for this, bad things will happen"

*bad things happen*

Person A - "Bad things are happening"

Person B - "YoU wanTed tHIs aLL ALONG!"

6 hours ago, paul moy said:

So, Nissan confirms it is happy with Brexit and is staying in UK PLC which will secure 6,000 jobs in Sunderland and 750,000 jobs in suppliers etc in the country.  It will move its battery production near to the plant ready for the electric revolution

another lie from Jools

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Then there was also the 'predictions' of the people in charge a Nissan.

Europe chairman Gianluca de Ficchy told a news conference at the plant in October 2019: "If a no-deal scenario means the sudden application of WTO tariffs, we know in that case our business model won't be sustainable in the future.

"Our industry works with lower margins and if we are in a situation in which tomorrow we have to apply 10% export duties to 70% of our production, the entire business model for Nissan Europe will be in jeopardy."

In several interviews since then, global chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta has maintained that remained the case.

A Nissan source said: "We have been planning the whole time on the basis that there will be a deal.

"Look at the money we are putting into the new Qashqai - we are already in trial production for it.

"There's no Plan B."

Sounds like the UK Gov. listened and were forced into accepting a less than favourable deal from the EU or lose the jobs in Sunderland.

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

HaHa! Nige must need some more funds to build a swimming pool ready for summer.

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

A 'processing' fee of £80!

The scam party are back.

Edited by A Load of Squit

48 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

he's at it again !

like you he can't help himself

so you better up your game, mouse brain

Jools is after your title of liar-in-chief

(though he still has a way to go to catch up with your odious racism)

28 minutes ago, horsefly said:

forward your cv

cv ?

it was known as a prison record in my day 😋

Just now, Bill said:

forward your cv

cv ?

it was known as a prison record in my day 😋

Haha! I believe Trump has already applied.

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Haha! I believe Trump has already applied.

to stand for the Reform Party, or a prison record ?

as one is a wish, the other a certainty

Just now, Bill said:

to stand for the Reform Party, or a prison record ?

as one is a wish, the other a certainty

Both! Although Nige is now saying he's never heard of this Trump guy.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Europe chairman Gianluca de Ficchy told a news conference at the plant in October 2019: "If a no-deal scenario means the sudden application of WTO tariffs, we know in that case our business model won't be sustainable in the future.

"Our industry works with lower margins and if we are in a situation in which tomorrow we have to apply 10% export duties to 70% of our production, the entire business model for Nissan Europe will be in jeopardy."

In several interviews since then, global chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta has maintained that remained the case.

A Nissan source said: "We have been planning the whole time on the basis that there will be a deal.

"Look at the money we are putting into the new Qashqai - we are already in trial production for it.

"There's no Plan B."

Sounds like the UK Gov. listened and were forced into accepting a less than favourable deal from the EU or lose the jobs in Sunderland.

Interesting one this. It seems that Nissan see a competive advantage because they source their batteries from the UK or the EU. The trade deal has changed the dynamics in that batteries made in the EU are zero tariff and are covered by rules of origin in the treaty.

The competive advantage isn't the result of Brexit, because there is no advantage gained. The advantage is gained as opposed to No Deal and is the result of what the Brexwits call the EU protectionism. It is literally the opposite of "Global Britain".

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Interesting one this. It seems that Nissan see a competive advantage because they source their batteries from the UK or the EU. The trade deal has changed the dynamics in that batteries made in the EU are zero tariff and are covered by rules of origin in the treaty.

The competive advantage isn't the result of Brexit, because there is no advantage gained. The advantage is gained as opposed to No Deal and is the result of what the Brexwits call the EU protectionism. It is literally the opposite of "Global Britain".

Totally agree and it's good news. They have to have a significant EU / UK component to meet rules of origin for their main export market (the EU).

All that said I'm sure they'd still prefer to be in the SM to avoid the unnecessary costs/paperwork drag on the business.

A weak pound vs the Euro is also helping.

Anyway - the govt. does need to throw some serious cash at getting the battery plant established here in the UK - and not follow Musk to Germany.

Interesting that not one "remainer" on here is anything other than pleased by Nissan's decision to stay in the UK and safeguard those jobs. Of course we would like to know what that has cost the tax-payer, but nontheless I'm sure the workers are delighted. Contrast that attitude to the Brexidiots on here. The loathsome Moy, for example, is desperate for the EU to fail economically, and even more desperate for a greater number of EU citizens to die of Covid than UK citizens. The contrast in moral character and intelligence couldn't be more stark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

"There's no Plan B."

Bill is right. Swindon lied. He said 75000 jobs not three quarters of a million. 

Edited by keelansgrandad

29 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Bill is right. Swindon lied. He said 75000 jobs not three quarters of a million. 

I didn't lie, all I wrote was the Billy liar was at it again, he calls everyone who he disagrees with a liar I DID NOT SAY 75,000 JOBS DID I    To apologize would be nice, but I NEVER GET IT 

Edited by SwindonCanary

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I didn't lie, all I wrote was the Billy liar was at it again, he calls everyone who he disagrees with a liar I DID NOT SAY 75,000 JOBS DID I    To apologize would be nice, but I NEVER GET IT 

And without a pause, off you go lying again.

I have plenty of disagreements on here - with EU supporters, at that

I do not call them liars because they are not lying, They post up reasoned arguments based on known facts

You do not, You merely post up links to nonsense that at best is simply misrepresentation, and at worse (usually) lies. Then when challenged you make no attempt to back that nonsense.

Yours is a court house where regularly the village idiot (you) runs in shouts out a couple of lines of absolute sh ite then runs out again. Would you want that contribution to be taken seriously ? 

When you stop posting up lies, when you have read, understood and prepared to defend what you post you might be accorded a bit of respect ...................... by having earned it

No one is going to apologise * for your stupidity. You alone are responsible for that

* note it is spelt with an s, not a z

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

And without a pause, off you go lying again.

I have plenty of disagreements on here - with EU supporters, at that

I do not call them liars because they are not lying, They post up reasoned arguments based on known facts

You do not, You merely post up links to nonsense that at best is simply misrepresentation, and at worse (usually) lies. Then when challenged you make no attempt to back that nonsense.

Yours is a court house where regularly the village idiot (you) runs in shouts out a couple of lines of absolute sh ite then runs out again. Would you want that contribution to be taken seriously ? 

When you stop posting up lies, when you have read, understood and prepared to defend what you post you might be accorded a bit of respect ...................... by having earned it

No one is going to apologise * for your stupidity. You alone are responsible for that

* note it is spelt with an s, not a z

PLEAS POINT OUT  WHERE I WAS LYING !

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You've already done it today when you said the EU had banned the Irish from taking the Oxford vaccine. That's a clear lie.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

third line

then read your post/lie

On 20/01/2021 at 12:19, PurpleCanary said:

Which bit of wanting to end freedom of movement did Daltrey not understand? Still, as he and friend-to-all-the-stars Jools are bound to be best buddies it's not surprising Roge was clueless about Brexit...🤓

Why can't we be Switzerland?

I don't think Roger Daltrey has fully grasped what Brexit was about 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

You've already done it today when you said the EU had banned the Irish from taking the Oxford vaccine. That's a clear lie.

FOLLOW THE LINK I PUT UP

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

FOLLOW THE LINK I PUT UP

It is a lie. You may not realise it, because you seem to be the type that's easily duped, but it is a lie nonetheless.

Fact: Hungary has approved the Russian vaccine and Astro/Oxford independently of the EU. Why? Because individual member states have always had the power to do so

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I have not put A 3rd line down as far as I can see please point it out with a quote 

you - 'he calls everyone who he disagrees with a liar'

me- 'I do not call them liars because they are not lying, They post up reasoned arguments based on known facts '

so your claim of 'everyone' is a lie

37 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

FOLLOW THE LINK I PUT UP

Exactly what I did and I posted a quote from it which showed that what you said was a lie.