Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I wish, it's always got me how they are in our league, especially when other teams in Wales can't.

Newport County, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Tydfil

poor mouse brain, everything he posts up turns out to be a lie

perhaps he is a Brexiteer, that might explain it 😆

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Followed by Wales and Ireland I guess.

I have always been against this happening, but we really have sleep walked into it and I fully understand why this is now more likely to happen than ever before. 

I have always advocated one Ireland WBB. Partition was never going to solve the real issue of the need for British colonialism to be pegged back.

There is a geographical incentive for Scotland and Wales to be part of the UK as much as an economical one.

One of the reasons I chose remain was the ludicrous ideas from Brexiteers that we should leave a union we had been in for forty years (bellyaching for a lot of it) because of sovereignty and the amount of money we pay in. Yet these people wanted us to retain the UK, denying the other nations sovereignty and subsidising their subjects far more than the English.

Bizarre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBC Business reports that some container ships have stopped docking at Felixstowe but unload UK-bound containers at Antwerp to be trucked across by ferry and tunnel.  This is apparently due to a bottleneck at Felixstowe caused by red tape; the container business depends on being in and out of most ports in less than 24 hours and that's not happening at present. 

A very large number of empty containers are waiting at Felixstowe to be returned to the far east, and the knock-on effect is that the cost of hiring a container has gone through the roof. They say that covid-related holdups are also a factor, but Brexit means that it's a double whammy for the UK.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

The Tory government has totally screwed the British economy, but somehow it's Angela Merkel's fault? Pure fantasy. 

Brexit 1.jpg

Brexit 2.jpg

Bexit 3.jpg

I think this will be a line taken by many Brexiteers

"you know we are stupid, why didn't you stop us"

the answer there being that you denied being stupid and went out of your way NOT to listen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Wrexham

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Newport County, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Tydfil

poor mouse brain, everything he posts up turns out to be a lie

perhaps he is a Brexiteer, that might explain it 😆

I did not mean teams that have already been in the football league. what happens if a team like Newtown or The New Saints  who are top at the moment ,wins the welsh league there would be no access to the Football league 

Edited by SwindonCanary

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I did not mean teams that have already been in the football league. what happens if a team like Newtown or The New Saints  who are top at the moment ,wins the welsh league there would be no access to the Football league 

which they already have now, I suppose

1 hour ago, Bill said:

caught out lying yet again I see, mouse brain

like I wrote they will not get into the football league = we shall see who's lying Billy liar 

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

like I wrote they will not get into the football league = we shall see who's lying Billy liar

that's not the question mouse brain, so I will ask again

"wins the welsh league there would be no access to the Football league " mouse brain

so was there access before then ? Bill

As stated we have only just started with the harm this wrecking ball of stupidity is going to do the not only the UK economy, but its people, as well

''Mastercard will increase fees more than fivefold when a British shopper uses a debit or credit card to buy from an EU-based company, sparking alarm among companies that rely on online payments and concern among MPs over higher consumer prices."

brought about by thick as sht brexiteers who did not like the naughty EU ....

The EU introduced a cap in 2015 after concerns the hidden fees were leading to hundreds of millions of euros in costs for companies and higher prices for consumers.'

"After the new rules were brought in 2015, the commission found that merchants saved about €1.2bn, with estimated overall annual consumer cost savings of between €864m and €1.9bn."

Boo, the EU saving its people money, yet again

''Enough with that, we are Brexit thickos and we will pay higher costs. And anyway no one told us about this .... baa baa "

err, actually they did

''MPs warned in 2019 that higher interchange fees could be passed on to UK businesses and consumers. ''

image.png.c1d6ddc2ebc971ebcb21112588cd6175.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

"wins the welsh league there would be no access to the Football league " mouse brain

if you still don't believe me how about another bet of the same amount if they've never been in the Football League they will never get in.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

if you still don't believe me how about another bet of the same amount if they've never been in the Football League they will never get in.

just answer the questio

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

you made the claim (red)'now simply tell us all whether you stand by that, or not

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

As stated we have only just started with the harm this wrecking ball of stupidity is going to do the not only the UK economy, but its people, as well

''Mastercard will increase fees more than fivefold when a British shopper uses a debit or credit card to buy from an EU-based company, sparking alarm among companies that rely on online payments and concern among MPs over higher consumer prices."

brought about by thick as sht brexiteers who did not like the naughty EU ....

The EU introduced a cap in 2015 after concerns the hidden fees were leading to hundreds of millions of euros in costs for companies and higher prices for consumers.'

"After the new rules were brought in 2015, the commission found that merchants saved about €1.2bn, with estimated overall annual consumer cost savings of between €864m and €1.9bn."

Boo, the EU saving its people money, yet again

''Enough with that, we are Brexit thickos and we will pay higher costs. And anyway no one told us about this .... baa baa "

err, actually they did

''MPs warned in 2019 that higher interchange fees could be passed on to UK businesses and consumers. ''

image.png.c1d6ddc2ebc971ebcb21112588cd6175.png

Just like the banks to create profit out of a crisis... just like in US the "conservative" party is nothing more than a shill for those who want to exploit the system to increase private profits and solicit the resulting costs i.e. deregulate, bust unions, oppose minimum wages, privatize healthcare, enter "private / public partnerships" all of which will lower benefits to us citizens. 

Banks.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

just answer the questioN

you made the claim (red)'now simply tell us all whether you stand by that, or not

IF THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE LEAGUE BEFORE THEY CANNOT GO UP !   IT MAY HELP IF YOU LOOK UP THE RULES 

it might help if you stopped lying..... just for once

as here is your claim (lie)

"what happens if a team like Newtown or The New Saints  who are top at the moment ,wins the welsh league there would be no access to the Football league  "

so when was there that access ?

(quite an easy question based in your own words)

17 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Just like the banks to create profit out of a crisis... just like in US the "conservative" party is nothing more than a shill for those who want to exploit the system to increase private profits and solicit the resulting costs i.e. deregulate, bust unions, oppose minimum wages, privatize healthcare, enter "private / public partnerships" all of which will lower benefits to us citizens.

And just like the EU to stand up to them and have the clout to do so

Now if you were one if the very wealthy how would you tell the stupid to vote

for themselves.

or for tax cuts and tax evasion for the wealthy ?

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

TNS are based in England. There are a few teams in England that play in Wales

As far as I know, because they are 2 different associations, there is no promotion/relegation between England and Wales

The Welsh teams that play in the English system do so because there was no Welsh leagues when they formed

I guess there is no barrier to a team applying to join a league in a different association, subject to conditions, like Gretna did

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

you can't say anything good about going back  in the EU !

Compare and contrast the following two articles and then tell me whether we were not better off in the EU:

First, Boris' lies about "frictionless free-trade" on December 30th: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55486081

Second, the reality: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/the-bill-for-boris-johnson-s-brexit-is-coming-in-and-it-s-punishingly-steep/ar-BB1d2KW7?ocid=msedgdhp

Have the balls to admit you fell for the lies the Brexiteers fed you. Or do you genuinely want to claim that the Government telling businesses to relocate to the EU in order to avoid collapse because of the post Brexit trading requirements, constitutes some kind of peverse victory. Even you can not be that stupid.

Hi @SwindonCanary

Our hauliers seem to be having a bit of a problem, as apparently do EU hauliers. To give me a bit of peace of mind could you give me an update as to when this is likely to be resolved as there was no mention of this when we were asked to vote for Brexit.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/empty-lorries-leave-britain-as-brexit-trade-laws-unnerve-exporters-35hpdxgw3

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Hi @SwindonCanary

Our hauliers seem to be having a bit of a problem, as apparently do EU hauliers. To give me a bit of peace of mind could you give me an update as to when this is likely to be resolved as there was no mention of this when we were asked to vote for Brexit.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/empty-lorries-leave-britain-as-brexit-trade-laws-unnerve-exporters-35hpdxgw3

The EU are having problems as well, so I'm sure it will be sorted soon. 

Frau Merkel is responsible for the anti foreigner jingoism by the likes of Farrage and instigated this referendum? How daft can one get to blame free trade market leaders, who look after the 26 members, for Brexit.

England has shot itself in the foot, NI will have a unifying referendum within five years. Scotland despite its alleged corrupt and conspiring leader, she looked terrible last night, will have another referendum, despite not needing one at all, to buy some more time for the long grass, and Wales is also reconsidering joining the EU.

The Tories took 11 years to bust the union, and today's talk of constitutional reform, i.e. not the house of Lords or Westminster, is an eyewash if anything.

3 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Frau Merkel is responsible for the anti foreigner jingoism by the likes of Farrage and instigated this referendum? How daft can one get to blame free trade market leaders, who look after the 26 members, for Brexit.

England has shot itself in the foot, NI will have a unifying referendum within five years. Scotland despite its alleged corrupt and conspiring leader, she looked terrible last night, will have another referendum, despite not needing one at all, to buy some more time for the long grass, and Wales is also reconsidering joining the EU.

The Tories took 11 years to bust the union, and today's talk of constitutional reform, i.e. not the house of Lords or Westminster, is an eyewash if anything.

It is being reported that Johnson is to visit Scotland next week.

You see for some manufacturers there are benefits to Brexit as sales of eggs and Scottish flags in Scotland will go through the roof over the coming few days.

• Haha 3

A good news story from the Express.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1388574/Brexit-news-EU-Parliament-UK-Rejoin-MEP-outreach-programme-latest

“UK schools will also be able to participate in Euroscola, an immersive experience that takes place in the Chamber of the European Parliament in Strasbourg, allowing secondary school students to learn about European integration by experiencing it first-hand.

“UK schools can also take part in the European Parliament Ambassador Schools Programme.”

An internal document, seen by this website, shows the bloc is preparing to target the “younger generation” in the UK because of perceived support for the Brussels project. According to the blueprint, the European Parliament will maintain its office in London to orchestrate the spread of pro-EU propaganda across the country. The secretive Bureau, of powerful MEPs, have decided to “maintain its presence in the UK, notably through the retention of the London Office”.

😀